Community > Posts By > aLittleBird

aLittleBird's photo
Fri 12/04/09 05:43 AM
What about the inability to use spell check??? If it isn't a sin, it should be.

I'm just saying...

aLittleBird's photo
Fri 12/04/09 05:37 AM
lmao! laugh laugh

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 07:32 PM

It's not the place, it's the person.

Some people can up and move and do as well or better than before they moved. Some people can't seem to make it no matter where they are.

That's true. All I want to do is work and be happy. And warm, warm would be nice.

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 07:09 PM
Cherie...if I do this, I'll swing by and you guys can follow me! lol

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:45 PM

...out of this state and was wondering if anyone has ever just up and left and started over in a whole new place.

It's a scary thought to me, but honestly, there is no work in this place.

I'm thinking Arizona because of the climate.

Any suggestions?

When I took off, I got a small travel trailer. You can park in a lot of places for free, like Wal-Mart or Kmart parking lots.

I see you do photography. If you have your own equipment you could use that to make traveling money.

The best time to head out is in the spring time. Gives you time to acclimatize on the way.

For artists, I found Santa Fe or Taos offers a lot. I spent some weeks in Santa Fe doing Jack's Flea Market. Parked, in town for free and no hassles.

Arizona is great also. Just be careful. It gets danged hot there.

Turn fear into anticipation. If and when you decide to get on the road, keep in touch. I have a place in Fort Stockton, Tx. It's right on I-10 and if you wanted to take a break, I have an acre and a half you could park on for a few days. I also have a place in Del Rio, Tx if you wanted to go check out Mexico.

Thanks for the ideas and the offer! I hadn't thought about a trailer, although not so sure I could do that with my car.

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:22 PM
Thanks!

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:17 PM
Good idea Cherie!! flowerforyou

Anyone out there live in Arizona???? lol

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:16 PM

My big brother lives in Arizona, more jobs there than here. I was going to move myself but my ex made that impossible, oh well maybe when my daughter is older..He lives in Mesa beautiful down there I go once a year

I think every place has more jobs than here. It's a sad thing but I am sick of struggling.

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:12 PM
Well, I don't know anyone in Arizona either....lol

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 06:08 PM
lol.

I am thankful my boys are all grown up so I don't have to worry about that part.

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 05:55 PM
Snow...ick...It snowed here today.

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 05:49 PM
Where did you move from though? Arizona is a bit a drive from Michigan..lol

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 05:45 PM

Yep!!! i found a job in Ohio and packed up everything and uprooted my child and moved into the great unknown!!!- we've been here a year- the schools are great!! sure i miss my friends but i like it here!!

DO IT!!! if you really need a change its the best thing to do!!

how did you go about finding a job with an out of state address?

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 05:44 PM

My mom did it (don't know how she is doing) but she left the country a few years ago.

Save... plan... visit places... secure a job (if needed)... and just go! I'll miss you! You will have to stop down in Ann Arbor and see me before you jump ship!

awww...thanks! I'm sure I'd still be on here anyway!

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 05:43 PM
True, I'm more in the state of confusion right now though!

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 12/03/09 05:36 PM
...out of this state and was wondering if anyone has ever just up and left and started over in a whole new place.

It's a scary thought to me, but honestly, there is no work in this place.

I'm thinking Arizona because of the climate.

Any suggestions?

aLittleBird's photo
Mon 11/09/09 01:34 PM

I don't get too concerned until I see the bit and bridle come out!laugh

That's funny!!

flowerforyou laugh laugh laugh

aLittleBird's photo
Mon 11/09/09 12:46 PM
So, the other day I'm at work and this woman comes in with her 4 year old daughter, nothing new about that. But she had this harness and leash on the kid.

While I realize in theory it makes sense, but in practice....not so much. Even though there was a cute little teddy bear face on the harness, it looked really bad. Of course it didn't help that this 4 year old decided to crawl instead of walk.

I had 2 boys and I never once lost either one of them anywhere. I felt sorry for the little girl, she'll probably need therapy...lol

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:46 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

aLittleBird's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:44 AM
lmao @ the "marking her territory" ...I know I frequently prowl for lone men at womens clothing stores. laugh laugh laugh laugh

noway

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25