Community > Posts By > Mortman

Mortman's photo
Tue 02/06/24 08:22 AM
Edited by Mortman on Tue 02/06/24 08:24 AM
I don't love Trump nor do I go to his rallies, etc. I'm just wise enough to see that, AS A WHOLE, Republican policies are far better for moving this country forward than Democrat policies and yes, Trump's policies in most areas were spot on. I could give you facts and figures but you already know them yet refuse to acknowledge them so what's the point? Anyone boldly claiming Biden is "competent. Very strategic and thoughtful" is so far gone there's no point in using common sense with him.

Wait. You could give facts and figures but think I already know them? Please humor me. What are these facts that you think I know that shows Trump was better?

All you pointed to above was the excerpts from edited videos, where you think Biden's doing funny/strange stuff. Please share the "facts and figures."

If Republican policies are better, why is it that the economy just does better under Democratic presidencies?

The U.S. economy performs much better when a Democrat is president than when a Republican is.” - Alan Blinder and Mark Watson,. Economists, Princeton University.

presidentialdata.org

But please do share what you mean.

Mortman's photo
Tue 02/06/24 08:13 AM
Biden is far from incompetent? LOL, we have gotten use to you saying that… but it’s good for a laugh every time we hear it..Anybody can say Biden is competent and wise . But try convincing the 75% of Americans that have dismissed him as a weak ineffective leader.. His leadership has demoralized this county in many ways.. Our economy has suffered . Our morals have been erased because of the far left pushing their agenda of freakish behavior and Joe endorses it. He is ignorant when it comes to foreign relations and his weakness has caused the death of three more servicemen. Remember the 13 that died needlessly during the Afghanistan withdrawal due to Joes incompetence. Now he wants to portray that he’s wanted to secure the border since day one of his presidency. LOL.. .He opened the border on day one and has let in about 8 million unvetted illegal aliens free to come and go as they please and get away with criminal acts… You say Biden will win and Putin will give up. LOL.. are you serious? Putin knew better than to invade Ukraine when Trump was president but when Biden became president, Putin spotted the weakness and unwillingness to deter a invasion. I’d be willing to bet that if Trump wins this next election, we will see a end to that war…

The only reason Putin didn't invade while Trump was in office was that it takes years to setup an invasion like that. Had Trump won in 2020, Russia would've just rolled in and Trump kissing Putin's butt the whole time, cheering the Ukrainian genocide.

If you've got a link to your poll that says 75% of Americans dismiss Biden as ineffective, I'd like to see it. The polls I see show it's 60% or less disapproval (not "ineffective"). His approval is around 30-40%.

Sure, people in the military die. It's dangerous out there. Just like the 60+ military personnel who died while Trump was in office. Biden didn't detonate that bomb in Afghanistan. It was a mess that day, and over 100 civilians died, too, but how is that Biden's fault? The US mission to Syria didn't start under Biden, but Biden is striking back. The strike that killed three in Jordan is more about the problems with Israel vs Hamas. Please explain how Biden did that.

The funniest thing you typed was about morals. You think the guy with several marriages and affairs, took in $millions in foreign payments while President, who committed dozens--if not hundreds of felonies, says he did nothing wrong, but has total immunity--is the moral one? What "freakish behavior" did Biden endorse? Secretary Pete has you afraid for the children? Sorry, but I just don't see it. Please explain that.

Mortman's photo
Tue 02/06/24 07:34 AM
Edited by Mortman on Tue 02/06/24 07:37 AM
I'm convinced you are a troll. Nobody can be this far off. Nobody.

No, I get it. You love Trump. That's fine. Every time we ask for reasons, you point to feelings. Never numbers or facts. Trump made you feel better. Never mind that he was breaking laws left and right. Kissing up to dictators while trying to dismantle NATO and long-held treaties with allies. The economy ran well under Trump--until it didn't. What a leader, am I right?

Since Biden came to office, unemployment hit record lows. Lower than any time under Trump. The stock market hit record highs. Record highs after Trump promised the market would crash under Biden. Republicans promised that the whole economy would crash and recession would come. It never came. Through careful work the US had a "soft landing." The US economy is doing better than any other industrialized country and for the first time, the US is outgrowing China. That never happened under Trump.

I don't believe that Biden did all of that, but Biden put in place the people to make it happen, and let them do their job. Trump hired TV personalities and his administration was a wreck. A dumpster fire. I'm not trolling, but providing sober counterpoints to the mind-numbingly partisan attacks against Biden.

I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings, or looks like trolling, but until you can come up with facts to support Trump, besides his record number of felony charges against a former president, or number of market-turning tweets from any president, I remain unimpressed.

Mortman's photo
Mon 02/05/24 08:34 PM
J Biden is POTUS and he is an Incompetent Leader of this county America.

Putin and J Biden have a lot in common.

Biden is far from incompetent. Very strategic and thoughtful. I guess Putin thinks a lot, too, but not so clever. Putin fell for the lies of his yes-men, and is now paying for it in young Russian lives and the $trillions lost in the Russian economy. Putin's banking on getting Trump re-elected so he can bully Trump into letting him have his way with Ukraine & NATO. But Biden will win and Putin will have to give up.

Mortman's photo
Sun 02/04/24 07:36 PM
Yeah, not a lot of notes, here. It's a good, solid profile. You filled in the information. Good blurb. Pictures seem clear and well-lit.

You could have put something into the headline space, rather than leave it as the default "Hi.." but most other people do that, too, so it's OK.

I guess you could include a photo of yourself, showing more than just the head & shoulders. Maybe you out doing something you like. But yeah, the photos you've got are good.

So, for the well-done profile, and only subtracting for the redundant photos and the default headline, I'd rate it 9.9/10.

Good luck!

Mortman's photo
Sun 02/04/24 07:31 PM
The profile needs a photo, but most of the information is there. The blurb is shockingly honest, but doesn't say what you're looking for.

Lots of people won't even consider your profile unless you've got a photo. People usually just upload a selfie, and if you do, please look into the camera lens when snapping it. Try to have plenty of light when you do, too.

I like that you're honest in your blurb, and brevity is good, too, but you could have included something about what kind of person you're looking for. The line about not being with a woman in 3 years looks super needy, and may be a turn-off (not to mention the incarceration). But again, honesty is good. But there's no practical limit to the blurb you type, so maybe fix that.

Lastly, you left your headline as the default "Hi.." which is lame. Lots of people do that, so no big deal, but it's a wasted opportunity to grab attention. You could type a few short, sweet words there.

Overall, it's a good start, and your heart seems to be in the right place. For the nearly complete bio, but no photo and a lacking blurb, I'd rate it 5/10.

Good luck!

Mortman's photo
Thu 02/01/24 07:59 PM
It's certainly a profile. Incomplete. A little informative. The photo is well lighted. It seems you didn't quite get how to fill in the text boxes.

For the photo, maybe you could add another photo that is more pointed at your face. Look into the lens when taking the picture, and it wouldn't hurt to smile.

For the profession text box, you should include what you do for a living. That's where you identify your job, maybe something like "shoe salesman" or "software engineer" or whatever it is that you do.

The blurb section is where you can tell us about you. Describe yourself and the kind of person you are looking for. Any other information may help. You don't have to put hundreds of words, but maybe think about it, and typing something descriptive.

For the headline box, you could put in a few words to introduce you. Right now it just says "Hi.."

Overall, you seem young and healthy, so you should be alright. For the profile page that's missing information and could use some more photos, I rate it 6/10.

Good luck!

Mortman's photo
Thu 02/01/24 07:43 PM
It's a pretty good profile. Some nice pictures and most of the information is filled in. Maybe the text blurb is too short and weird.

I like that the photos are generally well-lit and clear. You dress nicely and seem well-groomed. For the default pic, it would look better if you were looking into the lens of the camera. But all the photos appear to be in focus. Good job!

The text blurb is weird, and not even a complete sentence. You wrote "A multi talented young guy who fits in every shoe." I don't know what you mean by fitting in every shoe. Maybe it's an expression I'd understand if I lived in Turkey. But that text blurb area is not really size-limited, so you could add so much more. How about something about the type of person you seek. You said "multi talented" so maybe call out the multiple talents. Be impressive. Have fun with it.

You also left the headline box as the default "Hi.." (so lame). You could just paste your current text blurb into that box, as it appears more like a headline than the meaningful details you may want to share.

Overall, you seem like a good-looking young man, and your photos are clear enough, so you should be alright. For the good photos and nearly complete profile, but the confusing blurb, I'll rate it 8/10.

Good luck!

Mortman's photo
Thu 02/01/24 04:59 AM
Nice pictures, and most of the information is there except for an empty text blurb and default headline.

Your text blurb area is where you can type something about yourself and what you're looking for. Also, almost anything else you like to start a conversation. You gave us nothing, and yeah, brevity is good but a silent void is not. The headline that you left as the default "Hi.." is lame, and a pet peeve of mine, but most people are okay with leaving it as is.

The pictures are good. The top pic is a clear shot of your face and I like the other shots where you're out being athletic, too. I guess you could smile more, but maybe you're not crazy about showing off your braces, and that's okay, too. It's clear from what we see that you're an attractive, fit young woman. Good job on that!

So, Robin and I agree that it's OK for a start, but for the missing blurb and the lame default headline, with the good pictures, I rate it 7/10.

Good luck!

Mortman's photo
Mon 01/29/24 07:20 AM
What gives with these people who ask us to rate their profile and then deactivating their account?

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 06:21 PM
Who is it clear to that Biden wants to fix the border, certainly not the 70% that’s says he is failing at securing the border. He broke it without congress so he should fix it without congress.. The laws are there now so he should apply them… I don’t know what everybody thinks but it doesn’t take a mastermind to guess what your thoughts will be on a number of issues…

No, it's only clear to the people paying attention.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 02:23 PM
Edited by Mortman on Fri 01/26/24 02:24 PM

Donald Trump must pay E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million in defamation case, jury finds

The guy has less self-control than a five-year-old. That anyone seriously thinks he has the capacity to run the country is bananas.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 02:17 PM
LOL. You seem to think you know what everybody thinks. It's clear that Biden wants to get the mess at the border fixed and Republicans are killing all such efforts in hopes to hurt Biden and make way for Trump. Senator Hawley even admitted it.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 02:13 PM
Everything with this President is “ in progress” well progress doesn’t pay the bills Mortman. I’ve been America a long time and these last three years have been a huge burden to millions of Americans just trying to get by.. you said welcome to America.. how about welcome to Biden’s America where you work harder and get less for your buck…

Yes, the whole country is still in progress. It's actually a good thing that improvements are still going. We're not quitting this country. Buckle up.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 12:29 PM
I doubt congress is taking their orders from Trump,, not yet anyway. But if that’s the case than good for him because that bill sucks…The republicans have put bills out there ( one in the senate that Shumer won’t bring up) .. but the bill the democrats want to pass does Nothing to stop the massive invasion , all the xtra money they want for the border will go to letting more in but at a faster rate.. while the democrats and others try to gaslight us we see for ourselves their intentions of flooding our states with potential voters for the democrats,..

LOL. Of course Congressional Republicans take orders from Trump, and the extra border funding isn't for more immigrants faster, but better handling of the crisis. Lastly, it's not an invasion. Those immigrants are people in difficult situations. It's only because their home nations suck and the US is still good, despite Trump and Congressional Republicans trying to take it down.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 12:21 PM
Right… and is all that trillions of dollars in infrastructure and green energy doing us any good if it’s not being used. Where’s all these charging stations that we spent billions on a year or so ago , and now we just spent billions more for more stations and they haven’t installed the first one after what a year or two.. looks like Joe isn’t the only sleepy one.. maybe if Joe would do the job he is supposed to do, instead of spending the majority of his time coming up with ways to take out his opponents , he may gain a little respect..maybe!

Welcome to America, Bart, where laws passed at the federal level don't mean all the money gets spent immediately. If you Google it, you'd see that work is in progress on the infrastructure and on inflation reduction and the other stuff.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 07:49 AM
Biden, couldn't run a bath, never mind a Country! How on Earth, can the USA, with it's size and resources, have had two of the biggest absolute Clowns as President, in recent years? :thinking::thinking:🤷 It's beyond me!!

Funny. Biden outsmarted Kevin McCarthy in debt ceiling negotiations and got several major laws passed, working behind the scenes to get Congress and senators on both sides for $trillions for national infrastructure and clean energy investment and manufacturing jobs. Never mind his rallying NATO to help Ukraine and even grow membership therein.

But yeah, "clown" pretty much sums up Trump's administration.

Mortman's photo
Fri 01/26/24 07:36 AM
Edited by Mortman on Fri 01/26/24 07:38 AM
I agree that Trump shouldn’t be Saying these things, Haley should stay in the primary until she feels ready to get out. This primary is not over, give voters a chance outside of two small states.. Maybe South Carolina will be the deciding state if she lose by a lot… Trump is saying what a lot of people are thinking ( they think this primary is over, time to aim his attacks at Biden)…The thing that is really pathetic is the job Joe Biden is doing as our President. His job of securing our border is much more damaging to this country that the rudeness coming from Trumps mouth.

It's not Biden's fault that Trump is ordering Republicans to kill the border deal until he can get back into office. That's your GOP sandbagging the country for political points again.

Mortman's photo
Thu 01/25/24 07:23 PM
More Taxes is Not a good idea in Many States because in the USA the present Administration has spent Billions of Unnecessary dollars on many things that do not benefit USA.

For One Look at California, it is going to ruins and they keep More US government assistance for most Anything that arises as a supposedly Necessarity.

The data doesn't support your assertion. Back when the top marginal tax rate was over 90%, the US economy was soaring. Things went downhill faster when Reagan pushed "trickle-down" economics, and only the rich got richer. Budget deficits and the national debt exploded and everybody who has any sense can put the two together. Tax cuts are an expense when the national budget has to be balanced, and all the easy spending cuts were made decades ago.

Also, California may have problems but they're among the least federally funded states. Californians pay over $5 for every dollar of federal money the state gets.

Mortman's photo
Thu 01/25/24 07:16 AM
Edited by Mortman on Thu 01/25/24 07:18 AM
Now you are just pulling fake news out of the air, and assigning it to Trump . Your rants are as frivolous as the Biden presidency.. just because the current DOJ ( taking their marching orders from Biden’s White House) refuses to do the job they are supposed to do, and bends over backwards to cover-up the factual evidence that the FBI uncovered about Biden and the bribes he has pocketed. That does not mean he is innocent. While the Trump cases are about to backfire on these DAs and special prosecutors charging Trump because of their corrupt politically bias . Trump keeps gaining momentum for his return to the White House..Speaking of pedophiles , refer to Biden’s daughters diary where she questions why her dad( Joe Biden) was taking baths with her when she was a pre-teen.. Why do you think his FBI went to far lengths to retrieve her diary after it was stolen…

Republicans have been investigating Biden since before he was Vice President, and even in the Trump Administration, the DOJ couldn't find anything on Biden, and Barr is no Democrat. It's not that the DOJ won't go there. There is no "there" there. Biden has been doing his job and keeping out of trouble for decades because he knows that as a public official, he's subject to extra scrutiny. His screwball son is a trainwreck, but Joe is a good man and loves his family unconditionally. Trump, not so much.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25