Community > Posts By > Justin_Ryan

Justin_Ryan's photo
Fri 01/11/08 01:37 PM

Too often it feels that religion becomes a matter of who is right and who is wrong in what they believe. Yet the truth is unaffected by whether we beleive that something is true or not. We must each search for the truth within ourselves and live according to it as our reality.

Religion ought to be about our way of life, of what we are inside, how we treat others, how we work within ourselves and seek transformation through understanding. If we have religion and do not love others, we do neither ourselves or others anygood in such things.

Religion is not just what we do, but the intentions behind what we do. It is about seeker to live a higher life, but to stay on the same level as all others.

Even here and now can't we encourage one another to love and good deeds, to a purer love, and unconditional love, and help each other to put away, anger, selfishness, and ego for these thing not only harm others but job ourselves of the life we each could live, and what mankind could live.

:heart: I share the same thoughts

Justin_Ryan's photo
Fri 01/11/08 02:49 AM
I believe we are all One and that whatever you think happens to yourself after death does. A Christian goes to heaven with people in hell in that person's reality, a Muslim is in heaven with all those virgin's in that person's reality, and that you can have incarnation after incarnation if that is also what you believe. So that's why we should take our mortal lives and discard the hate from them and make the world great for everyone!:heart:

Yes, that may sound corny and whatnot to some people but if it does to you than hopefully your grinch heart will grow someday!laugh

Justin_Ryan's photo
Fri 01/11/08 02:39 AM
That's great! I wish you well and hope you become a bodhisattva. When I discovered that I was a pantheist, buddhist texts were among others like the Vedas that I turned to help me remember what I already I know!

Justin_Ryan's photo
Fri 01/04/08 03:47 PM
Either way, USC would beat both of these teams. But I'm picking the SEC to win again this year.

Justin_Ryan's photo
Fri 01/04/08 03:45 PM
The Gospel of John, in my opinion the best book concerning Jesus, more intimate.

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:26 PM
Scientific explainations about creation are always disappointments, especially the big bang. How did all this start? Huge explosion and then things formed and here we are.

Before the bang? Um, not sure, but the biggest explosion ever happened and here we are.

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 06:22 PM
Big Trouble in Little China by Jack Burton, Kurt Russels character, "It's all in the reflexes"

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:24 AM

I love this show. While alot of the stuff said about white people is very racist, if you look at the context and subtext of the show and who the people are it is really not that offensive. And the way they portray everyone in the show is a stereotype anyway. The funniest show to me has to be one of the newer ones where the grandfather leaves to go on vacation and the huey turns the house into a prison. Other then that best episode is deffinatly Return of the King. In that episode MLK got shot and went into a comma allowing him to wake up in the modern day. This episode is amazing and speaks a lot of truth.

The Return of the King episode was great! Aaron McGruder pulls no punches in laying out some of black america's issues with frankness and humor. I think the stuff said about white people is more about rich white people than anything and isn't racist. I've always thought the stereotypes us white folk get are pretty lame, unless you're that black comic who can do the "white voice" with some creativity. And if its funny its making you laugh.

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:14 AM
When I saw it as a seven year old, nothing scared me more than the movie "Poltergeist"

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:12 AM
I was going through my dad's garage full of books and came across "The Poems of Dylan Thomas". I believe it took a couple hours or so to read it all. I especially liked "Vision and Prayer", "Out of the Pit", "We See Rise the Secret Wind", and "Altarwise by Owl-light".

Anyone else enjoy his brief career?

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:06 AM
I'm beginning to watch more anime. I'm starting out easy with Shin Chan and Inuyasha. Most americans expect cartoons to be comedy oriented and that may be why anime didn't appeal to me at first. But I really like the spirtual themes from the east that get brought up like chakras and universal oneness.

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:01 AM
Is anyone here a mystical pantheist like me? Or does the crowd believe we're seperate from god and have to use the clergy to communicate and "get it right"?

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 06:58 AM
The only thing I got out of the show was the timeless question, "What would you do if I sang outta tune?"

Justin_Ryan's photo
Sun 12/30/07 06:56 AM
As I approach my 27th birthday I find that most of what I like on TV is cartoons. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalacolypse, The Venture Brothers, Harvey Birdman, Lucy the Daughter of the Devil, and Xavier: Renegade Angel are a few on adult swim that get my attention. And it sucks that Futurama's contract is up and they're leaving cartoon network. Family Guy and South Park are also old standby's.

Other than that the Daily Show and Colbert Report are the shows I watch. Throw in documentaries on the History channel too. Oh, and E's Talk Soup (the one thing on that channel to watch).