yes they do...wait...what was the question:tongue: :tongue:

grumble grumble grumble grumble

MalenaC's photo
Tue 08/12/08 06:03 PM

yes they do:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

No they don't .

MalenaC's photo
Mon 08/11/08 08:09 AM
Damn, just planing to buy a house . You scaring me now grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 10:08 PM

What is the difference of time in which we learn of GOd? We should be eager to learn of him anytime....

KEEP LEARNIG , KEEP LEARNING .DON'T GET UPSET . EXCUSE ME PLEASE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 10:03 PM

WHO CAN TEASE THE BEST,,,,WITH ONLY 4 WORDS.....

LET ME LICK YOU

PLEASE GO THE BED

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 10:01 PM

I was reading a few posts here earlier today and again noticed something that is all but a guarantee when dealing with matters of faith: confusion.

Forget for a moment that there are a number of competing religions most of which practice some form of exclusivity. We can reduce it even further by pointing out that even within mainstream Christianity one can find a great deal of interpretive disparity.

Regarding scripture we have bibles such as: KJV, NKJV, the NIV, New American Standard, The Amplified Bible, Youngs Literal Translation, and that is just scratching the surface. Each Bible is somewhat different, some vary a great deal. Still, that is only the start of my point.

I understand faith as a concept and even as a practice. Faith is something that asks us to believe without absolute evidence, without absolute knowledge. It has to because if there are absolutes then faith would not be needed. I don't need faith to know that jumping off a tall building in nothing more that a business suit will likely kill me because I don't need faith to understand both gravity and the structural make-up of pavement.

But Christianity requires faith and to that end I wonder why? I could understand a God who said: Here is absolute proof of my existence, my power, my miracles, and my life. If from that point on I was asked to behave in certain ways and to have faith that in the end those things would bring me some sort of eternal peace, I might think such a thing silly but not inherently cruel.

So, why the inspired confusion? Why are there so many translations (leading people to believe in some cases that one is better than the next) and why, if God is all-powerful did He not do us the small favor of making sure that there was one version and one version alone--we'll call it "The" Version?

Digging deeper, why so much debate over interpretation of the scripture? This makes no sense to me when set beside a perfect God. Why would a God make His own word the subject of so much interpretation and debate, in many cases leading good and honest men and women to have to consult "experts" in the field of scripture?

Such things make no sense. They don't point to an organized God but rather a series of stories built upon other stories, built still upon others. In some ways, it never ends.

My point really isn't difficult to understand. There is a problem with confusion if that confusion is authored by God. If on the other hand it is confusion authored by men and God allows for it to stand it would seem to me that such a God is comfortable with such things and in no hurry to correct them.

Finally, I leave you with this: Imagine starting a new job. You arrive on the first day expecting that you will be told what to do. You develop a bit of faith, believing fully that if you show up on time, do great work, get along well with others, and produce acceptable end results, that your job will be relatively safe. That part requires faith. But there is also a manual. You were told on the phone when you were offered the job that the manual was very important and that your understanding of the information within was going to be a huge factor in how well you did.

To that end you are mentally prepared to embrace the manual and do your best to learn. You show up early on your first day and are guided to a room where you are to study what you think will be the "book" on your job. You are shocked however to find when you open the door that there are 12 manuals on the table, not one. Not only are their 12 of them but they are all somewhat different. Now, remember, your job depends on your understanding the manual. What would you conclude?

I would conclude that the organization was clumsy and unprofessional. I would be upset that they were asking of me something specific and then giving me unclear directions. I would be upset by the confusion and quite honestly would probably think it a bit of a game.

If I am expected to live a certain way, act a certain way and behave in a certain way then the way should be made clear without confusion. It should not require expert interpretation nor should it be housed in various books that differ, even if only gently.

Inspired confusion is no place to rest your mind, let alone your soul.

Sorry if this post is all over the place--I've been sort of ill and am taking some medicine right now that has my head spinning a little bit.

-Drew

WHO WANT'S TO KNOW ABOUT SCRIPTURE AT 12 AM?

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 09:46 PM

WHO CAN TEASE THE BEST,,,,WITH ONLY 4 WORDS.....

LET ME LICK YOU

I CAN TEASE YOU WITH ONLY TWO WORDS BUT THEN YOU WILL REGRET FOR laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh BRINGING UP THAT TOPIC.

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 08:04 PM

waving Hey all. I joined this community yesterday, and have surfed a bit. Most of you seem like great people, and I just wanted to post a hello to all. You can check out my profile but, it is difficult for me to describe myself. I guess when you meet people they form their own thoughts, and it is hard to tell someone who you are. I suppose that is one of those things that you just have to force yourself to do... put who you are into 2000 words. if you look at the profile, and you wanna chat...feel free to write me. I like to meet people, and chatting is great! So many diverse people. If you are looking for intimate encounters... I am not a whore... go away. I am not going to sleep with you because I am single... or because I can. That is a part of myself not just anyone can have... so, if you are only looking to get laid... bug off. (Sorry to be rude but, I am a blunt person. Don't believe in beating around the bush. Life is too short for crap....or wasting time.) So, there you have it. You are welcome to drop a line. Hope you have a good day/night. C ya around the forums. Peace!! waving :smile:

AND HOW THE LONG "HELLO" WOULD BE?

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 07:59 PM

A blond was weed-eating her yard and accidentally cut off the tail of her cat which was hiding in the grass.

She rushed her cat, along with the tail over to WALMART!

When a neighbor asked her 'Why WALMART?'

She answered 'HELLOOOOOOOOO! WALMART is the largest retailer in the world!!!'
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
yes it is

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 07:55 PM

Isaac Hayes, the baldheaded, baritone-voiced soul crooner who laid the groundwork for disco and whose “Theme From Shaft” won both Academy and Grammy awards, died Sunday afternoon after he collapsed near a treadmill, authorities said. He was 65.

Hayes was pronounced dead at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis an hour after he was found by a family member, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office said. The cause of death was not immediately known.

With his muscular build, shiny head and sunglasses, Hayes cut a striking figure at a time when most of his contemporaries were sporting Afros. His music, which came to be known as urban-contemporary, paved the way for disco as well as romantic crooners like Barry White.

And in his spoken-word introductions and interludes, Hayes was essentially rapping before there was rap. His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show “South Park.”

“Isaac Hayes embodies everything that’s soul music,” Collin Stanback, an A&R executive at Stax, told The Associated Press on Sunday. “When you think of soul music you think of Isaac Hayes — the expression ... the sound and the creativity that goes along with it.”

Hayes was about to begin work on a new album for Stax, the soul record label he helped build to legendary status. And he had recently finished work on a movie called “Soul Men” in which he played himself, starring Samuel Jackson and Bernie Mac, who died on Saturday.

Steve Shular, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office, said authorities received a 911 call after Hayes’ wife and young son and his wife’s cousin returned home from the grocery store and found him collapsed in a downstairs bedroom. A sheriff’s deputy administered CPR until paramedics arrived.

“The treadmill was running but he was unresponsive lying on the floor,” Shular said.

The album “Hot Buttered Soul” made Hayes a star in 1969. His shaven head, gold chains and sunglasses gave him a compelling visual image.

“Hot Buttered Soul” was groundbreaking in several ways: He sang in a “cool” style unlike the usual histrionics of big-time soul singers. He prefaced the song with “raps,” and the numbers ran longer than three minutes with lush arrangements.

“Jocks would play it at night,” Hayes recalled in a 1999 Associated Press interview. “They could go to the bathroom, they could get a sandwich, or whatever.”

Video

Hayes remembered
Aug. 10: Isaac Hayes, a pioneering songwriter, Grammy-winner, and the voice of Chef on “South Park,” has died at 65. NBC’s Brian Williams reports.
Nightly News

Next came “Theme From Shaft,” a No. 1 hit in 1971 from the film “Shaft” starring Richard Roundtree.

“That was like the shot heard round the world,” Hayes said in the 1999 interview.

At the Oscar ceremony in 1972, Hayes performed the song wearing an eye-popping amount of gold and received a standing ovation. TV Guide later chose it as No. 18 in its list of television’s 25 most memorable moments. He won an Academy Award for the song and was nominated for another one for the score. The song and score also won him two Grammys.

“The rappers have gone in and created a lot of hit music based upon my influence,” he said. “And they’ll tell you if you ask.”

Hayes was elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.

“I knew nothing about the business, or trends and things like that,” he said. “I think it was a matter of timing. I didn’t know what was unfolding.”

It all started at Stax
A self-taught musician, he was hired in 1964 by Stax Records of Memphis as a backup pianist, working as a session musician for Otis Redding and others. He also played saxophone.

He began writing songs, establishing a songwriting partnership with David Porter, and in the 1960s they wrote such hits for Sam and Dave as “Hold On, I’m Coming” and “Soul Man.”

All this led to his recording contract.

In 1972, he won another Grammy for his album “Black Moses” and earned a nickname he reluctantly embraced. Hayes composed film scores for “Tough Guys” and “Truck Turner” besides “Shaft.” He also did the song “Two Cool Guys” on the “Beavis and Butt-Head Do America” movie soundtrack in 1996. Additionally, he was the voice of Nickelodeon’s “Nick at Nite” and had radio shows in New York City (1996 to 2002) and then in Memphis.

He was in several movies, including “It Could Happen to You” with Nicolas Cage, “Ninth Street” with Martin Sheen, “Reindeer Games” starring Ben Affleck and the blaxploitation parody “I’m Gonna Git You, Sucka.”

In the 1999 interview, Hayes described the South Park cook as “a person that speaks his mind; he’s sensitive enough to care for children; he’s wise enough to not be put into the ’wack’ category like everybody else in town — and he l-o-o-o-o-ves the ladies.”

But Hayes angrily quit the show in 2006 after an episode mocked his Scientology religion.

“There is a place in this world for satire,” he said. “but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs of others begins.”

Co-creator creators Matt Stone responded that Hayes “has no problem — and he’s cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians.” A subsequent episode of the show seemingly killed off the Chef character.

Who cares? The 3th Mondial War is about to explode in Europe how Nostradamus said .Whoever is not with us anymore are lucky .They don't have to see all what is coming

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 06:50 PM

:smile: Would you kiss the love of your life if she/he had large cyst-like herpe lesions growing all around his/her lips and they constantly leaked pus/blood?:smile:

that is soooooooooo,grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble have no words

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 06:38 PM

Until Peccy and Angel are face to face!!! laugh :heart:

Who will be the most shy????blushing

who is Angel?

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 06:00 PM

Would you you please stop ________ my _____?

wasting my time
enjoying my bf
eating my candy
using my brush
using my credit card
I better stop here laugh

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 05:54 PM

Would you you please stop ________ my _____?

OMG . YOU WANT US TO DO THAT FOR REAL?laugh

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 05:50 PM

Matter of public opinion of course, but i think i have it going on.

yea , you do:wink:

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 05:42 PM

raise your hand.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:08 PM

Just curious =)

Mine is "PS I love you" and "No Reservations" :thumbsup:

I HAVE TO MANY
MAN ON FIRE is one of them

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 03:53 PM

Bowling for soup-Punk rock 101

BON JOVIE with Never Say Good Bye

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 03:30 PM

This is my first time on here so not sure what to do!

No intention to be rude but please,please change your picture because I want to enjoy my dinner later on grumble grumble grumble grumble explode explode explode explode explode rant rant rant rant rant :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MalenaC's photo
Sun 08/10/08 03:27 PM

This is my first time on here so not sure what to do!

Is that your best picture frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated ?????????????