infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:54 PM

I've dated a daily weed smoker. For me I don't drink or smoke and that is my personal choices. I always used to here how great she could focus at her job. Her jobs were always places that didn't drug test or had 1 preemployment drug screening.So basically they were BS office jobs ,clerical, or resturaunt. Jobs that uneducated high school kids or someone going to college would take just to get by till there real job comes along. My exeperience with a pot smoker is they would rather lower there standard of living so they can get high. The one's I have encountered are willing to let there lives be controlled by there addiction to pot. I smoked and drank in my early years. but,when it came time to make 70k or take a BS job I chose the job and to be a provider. Now, not everyone who smokes weed is unsuccessful. However I won't date anyone that smokes weed because my life just doesn't allow for what I call the stupidity factor that goes along with the weed smoker.Take a poll.Look at your pot smoking buddies. See how many daily pot smokers make over 50k a year legally. Own atleast one home. Drive a nice vehicle and have the normal toys that most americans have and not have bad credit.Why take a chance. Here's a question. Why are you smokers so pissed if people won't date you? You made your choice. It's pot first and whatever else second.There is a wrench for every nut out there. Get over it and wait till someone that shares your interest and love of pot comes along.

So, I guess when it comes down to it,
Life really is about nice cars, a great job, and a family that will one day be the next Governors of the United States.

I've been lying to myself all along!

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:47 PM

all this talk about smokin....time to BLAZE!!!

I am way ahead of you.
Keep up!

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:43 PM

So, since I smoke weed, I am a relaxed, intelligent, creative, and optimistic person?
That would assume that those traits are directly attributable to your "weed" smoking. It would also assume that you actually possess those traits.

These are the days of our lives.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:39 PM

cigarettes that is laugh

speaking of cigarettes... it's time for me to take a cig break.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:37 PM

we are our own worst enemy in life, seeking approval from others, isnt always necessary. seek the approval from yourself.. if they dont like it they dont like it. It isn't always necessary to seek why. Sometimes it is what is, a reason for why someone feels the way feel isnt always needed.

Agreed.
I am not trying to find approval, though.
I have met an excellent girl, and things may be changing in the near future.
If anything, I am just trying to get some answers.
And, of course, everyone's thoughts.

nothing wrong with getting peoples opions and thoughts, but my suggestion would be to speak with her on it, because we are not the ones with you and the thought the matters most on the subject is the one that she gives you:wink:

laugh laugh laugh
No, no, no!
She is fine with it. In fact, she smokes weed too.
I made this thread just to get some thoughts from people.
It is also something that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:34 PM

we are our own worst enemy in life, seeking approval from others, isnt always necessary. seek the approval from yourself.. if they dont like it they dont like it. It isn't always necessary to seek why. Sometimes it is what is, a reason for why someone feels the way feel isnt always needed.

Agreed.
I am not trying to find approval, though.
I have met an excellent girl, and things may be changing in the near future.
If anything, I am just trying to get some answers.
And, of course, everyone's thoughts.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:33 PM

thats why everyone is single, everyone is way too picky..noway laugh

and I smoke cigerattes..if the guy doesnt like it..too bad!!!noway i dont drink nor do drugs and both of those are alot worse if you ask me..noone wants to look at the:heart: of a person anymore..always the outside and what they do..unreal!!

SEXY- Want you do is a great part of what your are.

So, since I smoke weed, I am a relaxed, intelligent, creative, and optimistic person?

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:26 PM

This is an open forum and all have a right to voice their opinions in here...
You can not post something and exspect only certain people to answer the post... huh

That is fine.
I am hoping for a bunch of random answers though.
I've been getting a lot of the same thing.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:25 PM
That is the thing.
I can smoke, and I can just stop.

It may be habitual but that is only because I always have marijuana on me, and i enjoy to smoke it.
If I run out, and I do, I am fine.
I can go week and even months without smoking, and then just pick it back up.
And I've been smoking for 6 years.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:20 PM

Well i don't smoke maijuana but for the person said it's illegal.yes it is in alot of states .but it is also prescribed for people with pain (chronic that is)andglaucoma as well as a few other mnedical comnditions.So its regulated and controlled the same as other medications.In california as well as other various states you can go tpo a cafe and legallybuy and smoke it.Ttthier are many pros and cons to any drug including alcohol and ciggarettes.I do dissagree with the almost eventual smoker who started this thread in a few way,but won't get into them.I'd rather not get into a long moral and ethical as well as legality debate on the subject.TRhier are people guy that won't date those that drink,smoke are arent thier own color ,age or religion.The point being it is thier choice and thier life.So if some one doesn't want to date you because of your pot smoking,then your not compatible and move on.anyway just a opinion.bigsmile

I understand all of that.
Everyone has their own views.
AND that is what I want.
i want them to tell me, personally, why they do not want to.

I did not make this thread so I could hear people tell me that they do not drink or smoke, and they think both is bad.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:17 PM

No offense, but your profile states you are getting divorced (or are divorced). Perhaps that marijuana had some effect on that?

I see "NEVER MARRIED".

go back and look.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:16 PM

Do you view marijuana, either usage or acquisition, a "victimless" crime?

For me personally, the single biggest reason I view marijuana usage and users as "lowly" is because of the inherent criminal industry supported by people who use it.

Alcohol, regardless of better/worse, more/less harmful, is still legal for those over the age of 21. Going to a bar and drinking all night is not illegal. Going to a bar and getting drunk to the point of, say, a BAC of 5.0, is still not violating any law. Furthermore, the likelihood that anyone had to die to produce, distribute or market the alcohol is nearly non-existant. (There are occasional corruption cases or other scandals, but they are rare)

Any marijuana usage, regardless of the extent of use, without a valid prescription, and legally obtained marijuana, is violating laws and supporting criminal industry.

Period.

Furthermore, anyone who subscribes to the notion that marijuana is "harmless" or less destructive than alcohol, or even worse, that is doesn't affect them is merely deluding themselves.

How can marijuana affect me physically?
The following are some of the common physical effects of marijuana:
Tremors (shaking)
Nausea
Headache
Coordination becoming worse
Breathing problems
Increased appetite
Reduced blood flow to the brain
Changes in the reproductive organs
Like tobacco, marijuana contains many chemicals that can hurt the lungs and cause cancer. One marijuana cigarette can cause more damage to the lungs than many tobacco cigarettes because marijuana has more tar in it and is usually smoked without filters.
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/addictions/drugs/485.html

I understand that it is illegal. I understand the history of crime behind it. And I understand that weed is not as safe as people may say it is.

Since we understand that a lot of people do not date pot smokers BECAUSE it is illegal, we will move on.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:13 PM

Isn't it funny how people that do smoke call people that don't smoke idiots? Why is this? Are you not judging the people that don't smoke?
I myself will not date someone that smokes pot or drinks. Why? Because both are habit forming and I don't want it near me or my children. I don't drink and I don't smoke BUT one thing I do is pay my own bills so its my choice of who I will date and who I won't date!!

I am not judging them, I am making simple observation based on relative experiences.
I appreciate that you gave a reason.
But if you do not smoke or drink, this topic of conversation is probably not for you since it isn't aimed at people who don't do either.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:10 PM

thats why everyone is single, everyone is way too picky..noway laugh

you are absolutely right.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:07 PM

I won't date a pot smoker- because I don't do that.
I won't date a drunk either.
I will however date an occasional drinker.

Is there a certain reason why you wouldn't date someone who smokes pot? If it's a personal answer, forgive me.

I don't want someone to just tell me they don't date them.
I am trying to find some reason in this.
Why do date someone who drinks and not someone who smokes?

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 02:01 PM

I think that the reason most people have more of a problem with people who smoke marijuana than they do people who drink alocohol is that marijuana is illegal.

That actually come to me after I posted this topic.

But there has to be another reason.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 01:52 PM
I will be completely honest: I am nearing the status of habitual marijuana smoker.

Moving on...

I am amazed to see that there are people out there who will not date anyone who smokes weed, even though they enjoy to go out to the bar and drink themselves stupid.

What's the deal?
So, I can not smoke marijuana just every once in a while but you can go out and drink alcohol all night?
I don't see any logic in this.

I will not get into the health hazards of both substances (that is a subject I've already writen about).
But I will ask... why does it serve you justice to not allow someone who smokes marijuana (heavily or not)to ever date you or be your friend?

It almost seems that if you smoke marijuana, a lot of people think very low of you.
I can't see why. I've been smoking for 5 years.
My grades have always been good, I've always searched for more knowledge, I've tried my best at being a good person, and I am just trying to enojy life.
Marijuana has not affected me on a huge level.
Sure, my lungs may suck since it has been 5 years (no thanks to the cigarettes), but I am no less of an individual.

So, I ask you, why do people do this?

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 11:50 AM
Edited by infectious_witch on Tue 01/01/08 11:52 AM
In order for a relationship to truly bloom, we have to understand each other.

Countless people have miserable relationships.
I've had a few.
And from my experience, I have realized why things have fallen through.

So, here's what I've concluded:

1. You need to understand each other. There is no way around this if you want to be happy in a relationship. People will ***** and complain about their love just up and leaving them one day because the lover "needed some time" or "was too confused". You get the idea.
We need to understand each other first. We need to know what we are capable of, and what we are not capable of. We need to know what keeps the person going. We need to know who they are.

2. Communication is the key. This goes hand in hand with understanding, and it is the most fundemental tool.
Even though this is the most common answer to keeping relationships going, a lot of people don't seem to use it to their advantage. If your lover is being a bit sneaky, and you expect that he or she is doing something that you should know about, talk with them. Be calm, let them know how you feel, and find a resolution. It's not that hard, people.

3. Stop dwelling on past relationships.
Don't bring up the past to compensate for the present.
Don't bring old problems into a new situation.
Chances are, the other person is going to get tired of hearing about how you were mistreated, used, or walked all over.
Don't dwell. With a new lover comes a clean slate.
It's up to you to keep it clean.

4. Understand yourself.
This is the most important thing. This is what gets the relationship on the ball.
We begin to see problems building up when we don't know ourselves. We tend to become confused, we may become too clingy, or we may just be completely uncertain.
We can not full understand ourselves, but at least try to know who you are, what you stand for, and what you want.

I believe I've touched upon this enough for now.

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 11:33 AM
Edited by infectious_witch on Tue 01/01/08 11:35 AM
"Told You So"

And do those feet in modern times
Walk upon the flowers and
Walk upon their brothers while their
Heads are busy lying low
Trying to keep to cover, oh

Something went wrong along the way
Everybody's waiting for judgment day
So they can go "Told you so"
They can go "Told you so"

Bring me my gun of itching desire
Bring me my bullets and I will fire
Sights set higher than the tall church spire

Standing in line, the blind lead the blind
Waiting and waiting for an overdue sign
Brothers and sisters playing Chinese Whispers
If things aren't suited then they'll get diluted

Here's one more dead with a hole in his head
He shouldn't have said all the things he said
Many tears were shed for the blood he bled

infectious_witch's photo
Tue 01/01/08 11:11 AM
Do you remember when you were between the ages of 13-18?
If you can, can you recall the joy of finding something new (music, an idea, a religion, etc.) and completely becoming obsessed with it?

Maybe obsessed is too heavy of a word.

When I was younger, the joy of finding new things that interested me was uncontrolable.
I would learn all I possibly could about the subject, and I would make it a part of my every day life.
Seems I've lost a lot of that joy.

Maybe it's because of maturity.
As we mature, it seems harder to laugh at things that we used to laugh at.
It seems harder to dive into a sea of the unexpected.

This may be due to us losing our inner-child.

Everything seemed much more magical back then.
If we want to remain happy, we need to keep the inner-child alive.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 21 22