Community > Posts By > John_Parker

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:48 AM
A boat?! Is it flood country?

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:48 AM
So a couple who had been dating for about three years decide that they are finally ready to tie the knot. They figure that they will have a traditional wedding in a church, but first they need a pastor who will marry them. So they head down town to the towns local church and arrange a meeting with the pastor asking if the pastor would marry them. He tells them, "In order for me to marry you, you both need to become members of the church." He tells them in order for this to happen they have to abstain from sex for one month. They agree knowing it will be tough. The pastor says, come back and see me at the the end of every week so that you can report your progress to me.
So the first week goes by and they meet with the pastor. They tell him everything has been good. No sex. It has been tough, but we've said our prayers and made it through. The second week they return and the man is very gittery. He says, "Sir this has been tough, but my wife just wont give in. I couldn't have made it this far is she wanst so strong."
So the third week rolls around and they meet, and the couple has a sad look on their face. The pastor asks how thier progress has been and the man says, "Well Sir, this week has been very tough. My wife and I were together and she dropped a can of paint. I saw those tight jeans...and well...."
The pastor shook his head and said, "Well you slept together?"
The couple both nodded.
The pastor replied, "Well than I cant welcome you into the church."
The man replied, "Yea, we are no longer welcome in the Home Depot either."

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:28 AM
Happy holidays everyone. Keep Smiling. Smiling always makes a better day for someone else!

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:26 AM
$210. I feel so innocent in comparison....but really am not.

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:21 AM
Sorry, I tried. I go camping in NH. Does that count?...

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:20 AM
Just seeing if anyone is from the Northwest. I am comming to visit for the months of Jan and Feb and am hoping to meet some new friends.

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:15 AM
Old games were great, because they had an actual challenge. Thats why, people we know that dont play video games, dont understand how we are so good at modern ones. It was because the old one required skills. You had to be a good player! Great Topic!

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:10 AM
Hey there, I moved out of my house when I was 16. I had to get emancipated it was that rough between my mom and I. Rent will always be an issue for younger adults as we mostly want to spend our money on crap we don't need. But, asking her or demanding are things that just want work. Asking requires her to be polite and nice, (which I am assuming doesnt work anyway) and demanding just makes her that much more mad. Meeting her at a center point of agreeableness is what you may want to think about. That does not mean telling them to move out constantly. Doing so may give the impression that you do not love them and want these kids out of your life. Instead, mention that you expect your kids to move out when they are an adult. (Like most people her age.) You can also place a limit on their age when it comes to being able to live at home. This can be 18, 21 or 25 years of age. Up to you really. The decision should be based on your values, beliefs and what you think is appropriate. Since you have a child in college, it may be best to wait until he or she graduates. In this case, age may not be a factor. Setting a date is one way to get kids to move out. Sometimes you may want to go the extra mile and help her find a place to live. Meaning casually throw ideas about a cheap apparent you saw, do some research. Your kids are not going to automatically have the ability to plan moving on their own. One way to get kids to move out is by helping them find a place to live. This can be very beneficial for you as well. Parents always want to make sure that their kids are safe. You can help your kids find a clean and safe place to live versus somewhere that is not kept up well. I hope I have been some help.
-Mike

John_Parker's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:00 AM
Cape and the islands?...