Community > Posts By > OddestBell

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 05:58 PM
rofl rofl Thanks for making me feel the bleach seeping into my skull. rofl rofl

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 05:25 PM
Curling and spinning around the pole
A dancer tempts to take all but your soul.
The vision of beauty and power and grace,
Pulsing and sliding to the thrum of the bass.
A regal queen of glitter and gold
Flashing skin in a show so bold.
A glimpse of breast and a flash of hip,
Maybe more if you leave a fat tip.
I can almost taste the sweetest of sins
So I dig down deep for another ten...
$hit!...it's back to the ATM. :angry:

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 04:06 PM
The Reaper

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 02:52 PM
Dead hookers aside, you might want to take the headphones off and listen to your girlie less you get smacked upside the head when she thinks you missed something important in a previous conversation.

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 02:47 PM

Oh, we have an opinion now?

I like how the only guy that posted on this thread was smoothly run over.rofl

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 01:49 PM
Touchy subjects like those involving intimacy or when a partner doesn't believe the other is pulling their weight when financial strains are present. Or even topics about personal hygiene with a couple when one is concerned that certain health aspects are being ignored or those subjects where one partner feels degraded by something the other says and just doesn't realize how it makes the other feel.

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 01:25 PM
Sorry Teadipper, I didn't understand the point you were making. oops

And you're right about the whole thought division of what they take care of and the rest of the world. My guy friends and a lot of my ex's have that "taking care of" mentality even though we have no relationships besides a good friendship.

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 01:14 PM

Sorry bout the bouncy childhood but great to see you here OddestBell.

Its funny, Ive seen men behave the way you describe women. I musta had some outside the norm experiences.

I think its fair to say that, male or female, we all make decisions based on our experiences.

Like I said, it was a general observation. I've met a few men who thought the way I described women and vice versa. And thanks for the welcome!waving happy

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 12:45 PM
Edited by OddestBell on Fri 11/11/11 12:46 PM
As a kid who was bounced around from house to house growing up, I had the opportunity to see all kinds of different men and women from both ends of the social totem pole from bouncers and strippers to successful businessmen and women to the homeless. And there is a very clear difference between male thinking and female thinking and in all honesty, I would trust a man's opinion more *in situational problem solving* for one simple reason.

Men tend to be more straightforward thinkers when it comes to problem solving. They don't beat around they bush, they just look at a problem and say "well, it can be done by Plan A, B, or C, but Plan A looks like the best route".

Women on the other hand (no offense to anyone), nitpick. They get caught up in the consequences and the what ifs and start to mull things over and stress themselves over the situation. While not necessarily a bad thing, it tends to draw out problems and cause confusion before the problem can actually be solved.

**Please keep in mind that this is a general observation and not meant to be insulting to any single individual.

OddestBell's photo
Fri 11/11/11 12:14 PM
Everyone knows about communicating too little, but what about communicating too much or about the wrong things? What subjects are sensitive and how should you approach them so you don't wind up pissering your partner off instead of finding out how to make a situation work better for the both of you?

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 08:25 PM
@Civic (Sorry, didn't want to do the whole ginormous quoting deal again)

I don't know if that was aimed at me, but I wasn't trying to bark at you, I was just agreeing with a particular statement. I appreciate the fact that you were honest in your opinion.

@Spider

You do have a point, I did let him use me and I was quite aware of it. That was entirely my fault for letting it continue. Still, the point being, that the mentality that started that wasn't attractive at all and is not something I want to experience again even in the short term. I'm sure if you've had that experience yourself you might find that quality extremely unattractive as well. laugh

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 08:05 PM

if a man can't pull his own weight around the house, he will have a tough time keeping a woman interested in sex - there is no bigger turn off than watching some couch potato watch you clean house

....just sayin'

Major point there. My ex was a couch potato who thought having a job left him immune to cleaning duties, cooking for himself, or doing anything but playing with his guitar while I worked my butt off doing housekeep for room and board...that HE benefited from. >.<explode

I just want to make sure I understand this...He supported you and you just had to clean up after him and yourself and you see that as being unfair?

No, I worked for room and board for a different couple and my ex moved in with us under the agreement of paying rent for himself. Which he didn't do, which left me pulling double duty scrounging around for any odd jobs possible to make up for what he failed to bring in.

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 07:57 PM

if a man can't pull his own weight around the house, he will have a tough time keeping a woman interested in sex - there is no bigger turn off than watching some couch potato watch you clean house

....just sayin'

Major point there. My ex was a couch potato who thought having a job left him immune to cleaning duties, cooking for himself, or doing anything but playing with his guitar while I worked my butt off doing housekeep for room and board...that HE benefited from. >.<explode

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 07:51 PM
Put in a box and bury it in the back yard with a neat little headstone describing its loyal service throughout the years/months/weeks. Then go buy a new one. XD

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 07:34 PM
laugh This might sound shallow and self-serving, but I think what a female really wants in a guy is the one who can put up with her lady craziness and still cuddle with her when she goes bonkers. Also, a guy that doesn't stomp on top of every last one of her pet peeves whatever those may be, but my only real experience with women is with the mentally disturbed ones...so...maybe not the best resource.

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 03:28 PM
rofl These answers...are awesome, but maybe I need to clarify. In a relationship I'm really hoping that the "hole between your legs" isn't the only incentive to keeping a guy tied down in the long term. Surely you have to have some qualifications as to what you're willing to put up with and what you strictly will not.

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 03:18 PM
A lot of women in my old hometown say that men are simple with simpler wants and needs, but I think that's just a crock. What do you guys really look for? Just out of sheer curiousity.

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 02:11 PM
waving Welcome to Mingle! ^.^

OddestBell's photo
Thu 11/10/11 02:04 PM
Just wanted to pop up and throw a hello out there! ^.^ Hope everyone's doing well today. waving

1 2 4 Next