GE359's photo
Thu 12/06/07 05:05 AM
Passes Windex up the thread bigsmile

GE359's photo
Thu 12/06/07 04:58 AM
Has fallen and can't get up?bigsmile

GE359's photo
Thu 12/06/07 04:42 AM
I actually remember the football game and the baseball game very well. I remember trying to make those block guys outta Lego!

Galaga is one of my all time favorites! I have a hard time getting past level 25-26. I usually have bought the farm by then.

I really wanted to buy one of those arcade machines in the 90's but I spoke with a guy that repaired them for a living and he told me they were a pain for upkeep and high dollars for servicing.

Decided that one day (before I croak) I wanna build a arcade cabinet myself for a game system to have the arcade feel. Found the plans on the internet, now all I need is the time and the room. bigsmile

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 11:47 AM

Sears at one time had an "our brand" of everything. Now they just have K-Martlaugh

laugh

Ya there was a craze for a while that had Burger King selling Domino's pizza and tacos too.

I have indeed seen the K-Mart "K"raftsman items and I doubt you could bring in your old "C"raftsman screwdriver to get a new one!

laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 10:43 AM
He'd just better hope she don't pull out a knife and go SPEND it!

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 10:37 AM
Just don't have sex with a would be girlfriend that turns out to be your SISTER!

**Poor George....**

laugh laugh laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 10:04 AM
Edited by GE359 on Wed 12/05/07 11:02 AM
Pac-Man was also packaged by Sears under a label : "Telegames" I think (I have not looked in the atari's main game box in about 13 years) and If I am not mistaken they (Sears) had an "Our brand" label for a lot of Atari games in that era.

(I have 3 copies of Pac-Man)

Rushing production on ANY game or movie is just WRONG! I don't want to be shorted out for a deadline.

Same thing I feel about movies being trimmed down because someone thinks "I" don't want to sit in a movie theater for 3-4 hours to see a movie. I also think they should have intermission like in the old movie days too ala Gone with the Wind.

**More sales on DVD's with deleted scenes**

All about the money.....

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:54 AM
Plywood is not comfortable I suppose!laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:49 AM
Edited by GE359 on Wed 12/05/07 09:50 AM
Sorry I have a broken mouse (Not the kind in the attic) that makes me double post sometimes. Got to buy a new one.

sad

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:49 AM
I have only 1 thing to "say" about the ET post above:

I am still laughing!!laugh laugh laugh

I honestly had no idea that it SUCKED so bad they used it for landfill!

laugh laugh laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:39 AM
Edited by GE359 on Wed 12/05/07 09:44 AM
Chopper Command I would always keep next to River Raid and Mega Force.

Star Command: I keep the controller pad sheet in a zip loc bag and have made clones of it.

Mice in the attic is another issue that I understand well my friend.

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:39 AM
Goofball:Ya Donkey Kong sucked, but Donkey Kong Junior was GREAT!

Misswright: I love to customize my characters! Back then you just hoped you were able to get bullets for the gun (you could never see) and now you can see and actually customize the gun!

Waterboy: I forgot all about the bat. He'd always drop me in the maze that would repeat itself if you didn't get the combination right(as I recall it's a bit fuzzy)

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:29 AM

Man. Forgot all about Berzerk.....I loved that game, and yes, it was challenging.

Ahhhhh.....here is one....Warlords!

Loved Warlords, hated when you got a set of paddles that had 1 broken.

I used to clean and repair parts from old joysticks because I'd use them so much. Had to learn to do it because funds were low. It became a problem when I decided to get some of the newer versions of the joystick and the parts were not compatible.

Here's another question:

How many of us STILL have their Atari system?

<= I do! ;)

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:24 AM

E.t. is by far the hardest game ever. I use to be a huge defender fan. And berzerk. That game was amazing. shot the robots but don't hit the walls.

Didn't Berzerk eventually spawn the game "Robotron" or something like that?

The first game system I had was the "Pong" system though. That was simple but took a LOT of imagination to make you think the little white line was a tennis player! laugh laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:21 AM
I love Freeway! I think it was Activision's Frogger clone gone mad!

John's right about the challenge. I loved the game "Adventure!" I think it was called. You were the little block knight that had to kill the dragons of different castles (Different mazes and colors) and get a flashing golden goblet at the end.

Digital Derby I think was a black hand held game. Was it by atari? I can't remember!laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 09:13 AM
Edited by GE359 on Wed 12/05/07 09:13 AM

I realize that the console systems we have today put the old Atari 2600 to shame, but man, I still love that old system. I mean come on. How many polaroids did you take when you beat a game and the screen froze? I can't even count how many times I did that. Remember how bad Pac-Man looked on the Atari, and yet you got hooked? Remember how horrible a game ET was? The paddle wheel controller, playing Super Breakout with it? Ahhh..the good old days.bigsmile

<= Won 3rd place in state competition for Asteroids. Prize was a game of my choice. I chose Pac-Man!

I also bought the vintage games for the PS2.

**I'm so much a geek!**

I thought ET was very bad, and found "Raiders of the Lost Ark" so hard I buried the game in the back yard! laugh laugh laugh

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 08:57 AM

actually I told her she needs to pay rent or move, she said "f u' and says call the cops and than I will move, than proceeds to say, she will NEVER speak to me again

Then I think the real question is "How far are you willing to go?"

BTW: I do think she will not speak to you for a time. How long? Who knows.

The question is:

Can you live with things as they are now?

Another is:

Can you be held hostage in your own house by your daughter?

Just a thought.

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 08:52 AM
Hi Kazzee, I'm new here too. *waves* flowerforyou

Explain all this?

Ask a question, get many personal views on answers!

I think that's about right...

bigsmile

GE359's photo
Wed 12/05/07 08:45 AM
Edited by GE359 on Wed 12/05/07 08:46 AM

my 20 year old daughter is in college pays no rent and acts like the boss, I always told her as long as you r in school I will take care of you,
she keeps saying I do not love her because as of recently I cannot take the disrespect she shows, she called me a name last night and said all I care about is myself,
how do u overcome the guilt of wanting your adult child to MOVE!!

Tell her since she feels sooooo grown that she doesn't have to respect you in your house that you are going to start charging her rent, you save the money she gives you for the rent and help her get into some form of cheap housing, maybe at the college.

Or just tell her since she doesn't have to respect you in your house she has to go. Maybe she already has a friend that she can stay with.

This form of disrespect usually comes from you doing too much for her. Think about all you do for her and stop doing it. They do not appreciate it until it is gone.

Hope those help

I think you should charge her rent as Dragoness said. I have no children, but I did have a family that when I got my first job (in my teens) requested that I give them $25-$50 per check for "rent and upkeep" and I thought it was unfair at best. Almost 20 years later I understand that it was a lesson of responsability.

Guilt is transitional, but if you wanted your child out you would tell her to "GET OUT". I think if she was more respectful of you, that the entire outlook on everything would change. If not, tell her you love her, give her a deadline to save money, and let the deed be done. If she has no job to get the money.... Well I think it's time to find one.

I think at the very least some ground rules of the house need to be set.

Here, I'll start you off with the first one.

1) This is my home and you will not disrespect me in my home. If you do not like that, it's time for you to find a home with like minded people such as yourself that will accept the verbal abuse. I will not.

I hope that helps goddesss. happy

Previous 1 3