Community > Posts By > JW457

no photo
Tue 01/14/20 08:51 PM
Yes...I've noticed that, too. ;]

Lots of reasons for it (I am a computer systems integration engineer, and I have designed/tested these sorts of sites in the past), so your analysis is about right.

I've been on a whole host of sites (paid and 'free'), and based on the metrics I've gained (as I was also doing research for an internet dating book that I am helping (ghost writing) with).

I would say one's best chance is just like in the 'old days' - that is, have a life, get out and 'mingle' with real people you meet in 'Real Life' - and, who knows - one might find someone there (a plus of doing it this way, is that you already share (at least) one interest!).
'

no photo
Sun 12/29/19 01:57 PM
Edited by JW457 on Sun 12/29/19 01:58 PM
Yep; this user (now that I have your attention) is 'payal'...I went to the profile (sent both messages from there!), and not deactivated / I can access it (ie., not blocked). Those are basic thimgs; I think you have some gremlin in there. ;]

I have to scoot for now, but I will check back a bit later. Good luck with the diagnosing.

no photo
Sun 12/29/19 01:53 PM
Edited by JW457 on Sun 12/29/19 01:56 PM
Hello...I have so far not had trouble with the messaging function on here...
However, today I sent 2x messages to a user (won't say whom here), and neither of them appeared in my 'Mail' view for that person. So at this stage, I don't know (a) whether the mail actually 'went through', and (b) whether something may be wrong with the intended recipient's messaging/profile.

If you look at my 'Mail' view - that email will be my last/most recent one sent.

To be clear - the last email can be seen in the 'high level' view, but if one were to click on that visible instance, then it does not show in the 2nd-dary view.

If you need more detail (ie., user 'handle', etc., I will check back onto you later today.

NB - I am a computer systems engineer, so it's not my imagination; there is something wrong here...perhaps in the components I've already fielded above.

Regs,
JW457 (Jim)

no photo
Sat 09/14/19 03:36 PM
Ooops...wrong - that link doesn't work; here's the error message it throws:

"Tip: This domain name has expired and cannot be normally accessed. Please renew it to continue using it."

...So, I think you have some work to do.

Word to the wise - don't B.S. a systems engineer; he'll check it out. ;)
This site has already under-whelmed me, so I think you deserve that one.

Regards

no photo
Thu 09/12/19 11:50 PM
Yep; will take a LOT of luck!
I have done a lot of these sites, over the last several years (doing some research for a dating book, and helping ghost-write it)...they are all built along the same lines. This one isn't so bad (as it won't cost you a lot to (at least), and I've seen worse; avoid the ones with 'Credits' or 'Coins' to (just) chat; the women on there are part of the 'funding model' - that is to say, they get paid for keeping you chatting (and burning your credits/coins), and the cover story they use is they want to 'feel safe' before meeting...but they never intend to meet. Even their cover-story reveals how they are mis-using the site (using it more like a 'social media platform', except it's not as good at it, as Facebook or Instagram, etc.)...these sites are supposed to put people (like-minded?) in-touch, so you can meet (and get the real business of relationships started), and that's where the mis-use occurs. Having said that, one has to be ready to make (at least) a investment of some sort; you'd just hope that it doesn't cost a bomb to not achieve anything! But that's where most of the sites sit, in terms of result delivery potential. Sorry to say, but that's the long & sort of it. I am also a retired software systems architect (and helped design a LOT of these sites), and I tell you that, so you know I'm not about blowing sunshine up your skirt. But, I can also say that it is possible to find the pearl in among the mud, but you really have to be patient, as the sites usually get their 'pound of flesh' out of you...first. ;]

no photo
Wed 09/11/19 03:25 PM
Hey ... I've been on a LOT of sites over the last few years, myself - and, I am a computer systems architect, recently retired/late of IBM ...
I can tell you that the sites are all built / run along the same lines; they tend to differ most in their 'funding models', to put it delicately.
I've (even!) met a couple of real women buried down in the morass of 'zombie' and 'fake' profiles(!), which sometimes use images from other/affiliated sites - but to get close to succeeding, it takes a LOT of patience, and more than a little bit of discernment, keeping the 'safe dating' tips in-mind.
The worst thing I see on this particular site is that one may see your profile has been 'viewed', and before you can even take a look at that profile - it's been 'deactivated'!
There are also those who are using the site as a front-end for their own activities (I was approached by a woman in her mid-30s (who was looking for 'intimate encounters')), which in her case, was gathering contacts for meetings for sex, at her place, during the day. So, one take-away from that is, unless you want to 'hook up', don't search with 'Intimate Encounters' as a criteria ;]