Community > Posts By > Simon1978UK

Simon1978UK's photo
Sun 12/18/11 03:32 AM
Interesting thread.

When I was with my ex for 6 1/2 years, I simply stopped using any online chat sites. Accounts would be dormant for so long, they'd deactivate themselves. If I find somebody, I will just simply stop using these sites & concentrate on the relationship :-)

I used to be an addict on chat sites, meeting and making a lot of friends, but you don't realise how over the top it is until you take a step back. I've not logged in here for a while, as there's nobody from the UK lol.

Anyway, no point in lying/hiding things from each other. No trust at the start of a relationship = it's not gonna last very long.

Simon1978UK's photo
Thu 12/15/11 12:09 AM
I watched both Hangover 1 and Hangover 2 again... they're just so shockingly funny noway laugh

Simon1978UK's photo
Fri 10/07/11 09:44 AM
woah spam alert. lol did you just quote everybody?... but me? what biggrin

Simon1978UK's photo
Fri 10/07/11 08:52 AM
Keep it in your pants :laughing:

Simon1978UK's photo
Fri 10/07/11 08:24 AM
Right then, I've just updated my profile with some more rubbish about me. Let me know what ya think :thumbsup:

Simon1978UK's photo
Fri 10/07/11 07:57 AM
Edited by Simon1978UK on Fri 10/07/11 08:03 AM
Be it an abusive relationship or a great one... ending isn't the easiest thing. After a fair while of always having that partner around you, then when it ends, there's a big void. This needs to be filled. Start some new hobbies that you always wanted to do, go out more often, travel, more exercising... something, anything that will make you feel better.

I've been single 5 months after a 6 1/2 year relationship. I moved to Germany, learnt the language, was learning a new job. However with my Mum passing away earlier this year, being in a new country, new language, new job... I couldn't handle it all at once. My relationship never had a problem about love, but circumstances around us. So what I'm getting at, it could be a really good or really bad relationship, either way... you've got to look at yourself and keep busy.

I learnt to play a couple of songs on keyboard, started more exercising (hardwork, but makes you feel better after a while), went bowling, went to the fair, been out more with friends at weekends.

Looking back, we tend to always focus on the negative more than what was actually good. By going through with this, looking back at the path you were on, you've learnt. In future it's made you stronger and wiser, which in turn defines your character. Nothing at all is perfect, but there's always something better.

If you don't keep yourself busy, you're simply left with your thoughts. I'm not saying forget completely, but you will actually start to put it out of your head more, when you are busy enjoying yourself. It's how I've dealt with my losses this year, and if I can get through that, I'm sure you'll do just fine :thumbsup:

Simon1978UK's photo
Fri 10/07/11 07:47 AM
Halloschen! Wie gehts dir? Willkommen bei Minglestadt winking Wir sind ein bisschen veruckt, aber nicht alle! Viel spaß.

Simon1978UK's photo
Fri 10/07/11 07:44 AM
Welcome to Minglesville bigsmile

Simon1978UK's photo
Wed 10/05/11 04:58 AM
A new day, a new post... still single after 5 months frustrated

Simon1978UK's photo
Wed 10/05/11 03:14 AM
Do you lot only see a pair of boobs? lol... and guys get told off for talking them! blushing

Simon1978UK's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:50 AM
Honesty, open, laid back, reliable, good listener, understanding and funny.

Simon1978UK's photo
Mon 10/03/11 09:58 AM
The least attractive things a woman can wear...

Clothes! scared surprised spock smile2

Simon1978UK's photo
Mon 10/03/11 09:53 AM
Im a born again Lesbian... :thumbsup:

Simon1978UK's photo
Mon 10/03/11 09:53 AM
This girl above me just earned herself a 10 biggrin Hi 5!

Simon1978UK's photo
Mon 10/03/11 09:51 AM
What day is it?... oh. Yeah I'm still single tongue2 slaphead

Simon1978UK's photo
Mon 10/03/11 07:41 AM
I've heard bad reviews about Apollo 18, so I think I'll just continue to ignore it.

A friend of mine works in the local Cinema, so he can get me in for free. At the moment there's just a bunch of romantic comedies... so I told him to take me out and leave his girlfriend at home biggrin (joking lol)

Simon1978UK's photo
Mon 10/03/11 07:38 AM
Guys rating guys is just wrong tongue2

Simon1978UK's photo
Sun 10/02/11 02:53 AM
I understand putting in the extra effort to sweep a girl off her feet, but also to be quite geninuine behind that helps too. As for going as far as moving in with each other, then changing completely, it does sound like somebody was ignoring the signs. Anyone that fakes it from the start are only wasting their own time. It's pointless & in the end just lying to themselves.

Simon1978UK's photo
Wed 09/28/11 06:07 PM
I wonder who found out about salt killing off slugs. I mean, were they going to eat it & thought lets add some salt? spock

Same goes with milking cows... who's the first person to grab hold of a cows udder and start to play with it? :laughing:

Simon1978UK's photo
Wed 09/28/11 11:54 AM
Welcome to Mingle.

Your profile is fine!

Something which I've learnt is not to go looking too hard, as you will probably just disappoint yourself more. It's better to be more social, make friends & then if somebody nice comes along your way, that will make a nice surprise for you. It's difficult to just wait, so being online, going out more & doing the regular things... 1 day it will pay off. That's what I hope for too :wink:

Good luck, we all need it bigsmile

Previous 1 3 4