Community > Posts By > TheArtist

TheArtist's photo
Wed 04/24/24 02:03 PM
Previously if I sent a message it was recorded in recent activity, but recently, as in the last few days I'm not sure any messages I'm sending are being delivered AND no activity is being recorded for the messages.

This coincided with receiving a message from Mingle saying that due to a glitch my account had been limited, but the email said that was fixed. However I'm not sure any messages are being sent as even people I've been chatting to have not replied.

it's very odd.

TheArtist's photo
Mon 04/22/24 06:50 AM
On the website version (not sure about the app, you didn't specify) you can go into the list of matches and then click the X next top the one(s) you wish to delete.

Am not sure if you can delete those who have matched with you, especially as the majority of them seem to come from the sister site Just Say Hi, which is bloody annoying.

TheArtist's photo
Tue 01/02/24 06:42 AM

Life is all about pleasure, how two people find it is their business. As long as it is mutually pleasurable that is.

that's fine but put it in the write up and don't say you want a relationship if that's not want they want

ultimately the majority of relationships are based around pleasure... why do some women hide from that? Why do some women expect love and romance instantly without any effort or anything?

I've had some good relationships come from pleasure, I've never had a good relationship that had no pleasure... don't feel the need to say it as i think most people realise that's how most relationships work?

TheArtist's photo
Tue 01/02/24 06:01 AM

why is it most men are just on here for women to pleasure them and that's all , it's sad really

Life is all about pleasure, how two people find it is their business. As long as it is mutually pleasurable that is.

TheArtist's photo
Tue 12/12/23 01:44 PM
I think you're right... it'll be something along those lines.

It's damn annoying that the only choice is share or remind later. When logging in from a PC it'll pick up your broadband provider's location anyway not your actual location, so it can be miles off.

I guess they never thought of that, or they just assume everyone is on mobile, which they are not.

TheArtist's photo
Thu 07/06/23 05:24 AM
Can also happen when someone who messages you gets booted off or blocks you or similar, they seem to stay forever in those cases.

TheArtist's photo
Fri 12/03/21 06:30 AM
Try pressing the back button (triangle next to the circle and square on the phones menu bar)below the keyboard, sometimes (it's app dependent!) it will just close the keyboard and not actually perform a back operation...

TheArtist's photo
Fri 11/05/21 06:41 AM
So being back on the dating scene and finding out that online has changed a Hell of a lot. Women (and I guess men) are now so unrealistic and the sweet shop syndrome is in full effect it would appear.

Anyway, this is a bit of a rant, but if any women can give their views on it that would probably help a lot.

So go on a date, get complimented that the photos do me no justice, chat for hours. Have a good passionate kiss at the end. Arrange the next date, as I don't believe in playing games I say if I am interested or not: Next day, or a couple of days later blocked on all ways of communicating with no reason given...

Or in addition to the above you do go on the second date, and several more, even end up getting intimate, then wham blocked with no reason.

I'd shrug it off if these were a couple of incidents, but the first one has happened 3 times in the last 4/5 months. The second one has happened twice.

What is it with women these days? Do you really just kiss anyone even if you don't fancy them (I'm strange I need the attraction!)? Do you really just have sex with guys you have no interest in actually forming a relationship with?? (even though all of the conversation pointed to you being very into the man and hoping it will go somewhere. And at no point did you have any kind of falling out).

Is it more that modern communications just make it so much easier to throw possible partners away, even after dating and getting intimate? does it remove the need for considering the consequences of your actions?

I suspect ladies will have similar experiences too, but I can only speak from my point of view. I certainly get why a lot of people will not trust or wear their heart on their sleeve anymore...

Sorry, rant over! Any views would probably be helpful!

TheArtist's photo
Fri 07/16/21 12:51 PM
I got lost half way through as it seemed like someone else came out of the blue.

In short if you do the crime you do the time. If you don't cover it up and you make babies, then man up and deal with it and pay your way. You said the FWB woman got a new bloke who will adopt them, so as you say get out of jail free..

Then someone else turns up wanting a baby, so if it's with man 1 then he's clear to make another one to add to his tally and boast of his virility and only then has that one to pay for...So it should be no problem.

TheArtist's photo
Thu 07/15/21 02:43 AM

She was hoping to get back with you and knew you'd not want to when you found out that she boned her ex.

Or (and most likely)...

She a ho.

Mystery solved.

TheArtist's photo
Thu 07/01/21 05:05 AM
Internet dating is now the epitome of kids in the sweet shop, always thinking something nicer / better will be in the next jar... always thinking that the current nice thing will be replaced if they wait a bit longer...

TheArtist's photo
Fri 06/25/21 11:05 AM
dating sites probably aren't the best place to fix a broken heart. Time and distance, heal it then come on here... Is it really broken if you're looking for a replacement already?

TheArtist's photo
Tue 05/25/21 12:25 AM
Why do I think she means sugar baby??

TheArtist's photo
Tue 03/09/21 09:37 AM
The 'women' you describe are scammers and fakes. Mostly they are men pretending to be women in order to con you out of your money.

I report at least 30 - 50 a day when I can be bothered.

Sometimes if I have spare time or am bored I will lead them on just to waste their time and hopefully minimise their impact on people who do not realise that they are being conned.

If she looks stunning with professional photos and has contacted you out of the blue, then the chances are she is not a she and is after your money... Same as the ones who mutual match you without looking at your profile...

TheArtist's photo
Sun 02/21/21 09:48 AM
Hi,

My messages say that I have 7 new messages, and I do not. I am assuming that it is from scammers / other deleted user accounts, surely you can fix the notification to ignore messages from deactivated / deleted accounts?!

TheArtist's photo
Mon 02/08/21 05:47 AM
It's a scammer signature. They're all using it of late.

TheArtist's photo
Tue 12/29/20 09:31 AM

Please see #9 in Frequently Asked Forum Questions pinned at the top of this forum.

http://mingle2.com/topic/579960

Thank you.

Di
Site Moderator

I get the limit warning when replying to some people I've already had contact with too, could be a bug.

TheArtist's photo
Mon 12/28/20 10:39 AM
If you want to tease the scammers and waste their time, just give them a throwaway email account that you don't mind getting spammed on.

TheArtist's photo
Mon 09/28/20 01:48 PM
Sorry but you are completely incorrect. Using a hypothetical figure of 50k of which 43k have died is hypothetically ridiculous.

May as well have said, hypothetically if lettuce can cure cancer, why aren't we using tomatoes to cure COV ID!

TheArtist's photo
Sat 09/26/20 11:28 PM
Wow, you're making so many bad assumptions based on very lacking statistical evidence.

Assuming that 43,000 dead were all out of the vulnerable 50,000 pile for one thing. Lots of fit an healthy people have died, doctors, nurses and other care workers etc...

For one major thing, there are 2,000,000 people classed as vulnerable in the UK. Not 50,000. That 2,000,000 is the number approximately who were told to self shield.

You are right, lockdown was to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed. And it did that, so well that the emergency hospitals were not needed. This is a minor success that rarely is talked about.

However, the current new rise in cases, which can be attributed in large part to the massive increase in testing, has also seen the start of a rise in hospital admissions, they're starting to double week on week. And, with them come the deaths again, they are on the increase, but always track a few weeks behind the admissions.

So, if you're happy to let another 7,000 die to reach your target of 50,000 then I'm not. All lives matter. However if you are talking about letting another 1,947,000 die then i think you're insane!

Previous 1 3