Community > Posts By > Rusty_Knight

Rusty_Knight's photo
Tue 07/26/11 10:23 AM

last week, volunteering

a fellow volunteer asked 'you're mixed, right?'

I think I would have answered...

"not when I take my medicaton... it helps me be more clear"

btw... aren't we ALL mixed??? (if I remember correctly, I have Scottish and German ancestors)

Rusty_Knight's photo
Tue 07/26/11 10:13 AM

this does hurt deeply...I have been treated this way.

flowerforyou

I wonder how many other guys fall victim to it as well. Only paying attention when you want some, only saying "I Love You" when SHE asks "do you love me"...

Fortunately, I usually learn from my mistakes
UNfortunately, my next partner may need many pairs of running shoes drool :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 06:27 PM

there is a very ancient, very secret, formulation, but if i tell you, i'd have to kill you, which would really defeat the purpose. so, get your swag on in the forums, it is true, you will, if nothing else, make some wonderful friends here. good luck!

and I would perish fulfilled... knowing that I possessed the secret to the relationship between man and woman...

WAIT!!! did *I* say that???

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 06:09 PM
Wash the car... mow the lawn...

Ur makin' it sound like WORK!!!

I think it would be easier to...

"Stay inside and post to the Forums on Mingle!!!"

rofl

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 06:06 PM

There are a few co-registration offers, when signing up. The check boxes for those services must be empty, to avoid any contact from those sites.

If you have inadvertently subscribed to an offer, and you receive an email from one of the offers, simply reply with the word "stop" in the subject line.

Welcome aboard.

Thumbs Up, thanks

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 06:03 PM

Methinks, whatever you say, say it
with heart, and not an agenda.
Gals can read between the lines.
Trying too hard to be clever or cute
can backfire.

Keep it simple, true, and if you can
inject any humor, it is always
appreciated.

The advice to roam amd participate
in the forums is golden. Seeing who
you really are, may generate emails
coming YOUR way.

I think we can sell you :-)

Very nice, Thank You so much... all of you!

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 05:58 PM

She's calling me cheap........*compares $3.23 U.S. dollars to #3.24 British Pounds*............

Wow... that's almost like... $5.00 Canadian!!! woo woo!

But you won't want me in any garden... I play sneaky.

My sister asked me to help her weed the 1/2 acre organic vegetable garden at the farm in Toronto, and I pulled *everything green* out.

She sent me away (with a grin on my face) and I never had to help with the weeding again.

(Before you chastise me for being mean... there were 60 other people that were there to help out that day too... I ended up doing the watering with the tractor)

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 05:39 PM
when I first tried to sign up, I got a popup for a different dating site and didn't notice the change... ended up signing up for a nasty dating site that keeps wanting to charge for every part of the site

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 07/25/11 09:50 AM

So much advice...Is any of it helping?

It certainly is helping Vivian. It takes a lot to send that first email, and no matter how nice the person is (whether or not they answer) rejection is not always easy to take.

So advice, *any* advice... is helpful. It can be sorted, sifted, and/or bunched together to give the asker the information needed.

Everyone who comes up on mingle develops a signature

Thanks mg,

A first impression cannot be taken back, and tone inflection and facial expressions are missing from typed words. I've seen people (myself included) hacked to bits over something that was misinterpreted, or taken the wrong way.

No, don't write and tell them you've read their profile

That makes sense too singme. Emails I've received just about always say they've read my profile, yet they don't show up on *Viewed Me* lol

Honesty is always the best way to go

So true. I tried to teach my step-daughters that lies invariably *always* come back to *kick u in da butt*

And thanks all of you for the warm welcome. I don't know why I didn't find out about Mingle sooner, but it certainly seems to be a great place to make new friends.

Now if I could just find the corner for the MAA group (Mingle Addicts Anonymous)

mg... it's Victor (although Rusty does sound cool, eh glasses )

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 11:16 PM
Edited by Rusty_Knight on Sun 07/24/11 11:16 PM

I washed the car, now come on rain Please! Its not working.....

Might not have worked for you... but it sure brought *me* more thunderstorms LOL

Maybe you didn't leave the windows open like krupa suggested?

cool and comfy here on the oregon coast drinker

is that TWO cups I see you waving there??? are we all suppose to head your way for a BBQ party in the *cool and comfy* west coast? LOL

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 11:07 PM
much appreciated, my friend

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 11:01 PM

see... now *that* really bugs me

it's hard enough getting up the nerve to even *send* that first email... without a bunch of dimwits having already wrecked, or at least diminished any chance of someone believing I *could* actually be a gentleman.

I don't doubt for a minute that some have sent emails like that... but...

sheesh

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:58 PM

nice is one thing i'm never accused of, haha.

but pumpkin-dip? really?

I Don't know what my reaction would be to someone calling me *pumpkin-dip*... I'm always pretty calm and laid-back... probably wouldn't be quite as casual a response as you gave your work buddy though

I'm a bit hard of hearing, so I probably would just think I didn't hear what they said correctly, LOL

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:48 PM

My first EVER sent email try's,,,,lol

were like,,,HI,,,just wanted to let you know I really thing your cute.

some replied back,,some didn't?

Then I stopped trying,,and only wrote to ones who I knew from the forums.

and with them,,we relatd as to what their posts were on or about...

Now,,,I can write to anyone and not feel arkward about doing that,,,but,,hey,,I been here doing that now for five years,,,so I BETTER have an idea as to speaking in the emails..

First,,use spellcheck,,always,,ladies seem to think you NOT SMART if you can't spell,,,lol

second is why do YOU want to write her? What caught your eye or mind?
THEN TELL ER THAT,,,its honest and its the real reason behind your email,,,TRUTH goes far with everyone..

Third,,never give just one word or two,,,,take the time to show them,,your really wanting to talk with them,,,not just passing through one night on here.

Now its allin YOUR imaginations to be,,,funny,,sad,,,wanting,,needing or a mix of all them..?

MOST willreply to any Gentlemens real message to have sent them,unless your like really making them feel your maybe a mental case,,,lol

Panting is just NOT COOL,,,,lol

Keep it real,,keep it simple and short...

and see if they reply back,,,IF they do,,take from THAT and build on what their respones was back to you..

TRY and be YOU,,but try and be the best you,,with your wit,,and your feelings,,,,it should return another and another,,but time on here being seen in the forums,,REALLY HELPS YOU TO BE KNOWN,,,

Good Luck and welcome aboard the nut shack,,,,,lol

I read this whole thing 4 times... there is a LOT of wisdom in those lines... Thanks iam

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:42 PM
thanks for the responses, they really help

I can't believe that at 63, I'm *asking* for dating advice! LOL

I also found that trying to be funny in an email, doesn't always turn out to *be* funny.

and thanks ladylid... but I was pretty certain *that* would be a *very bad* thing to do in a first email LOL

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:36 PM

rofl

I do read the profiles and am more often than not, piqued by something the person wrote.

I just don't know if a simple "Hi, I read your profile and would like to know more. If you take a peek at *my* profile and see anything of interest, please let me know"

Or pick something from their profile that you found of interest and use *that* as an ice-breaker. "Hi, I see you like camping. I've done a fair bit of camping as well... is there a special place you like more than others?"

Know what I mean? Would you discard the simple "Hi, check me out and we'll chat" without even looking at the profile?

Any emails I've received first... we're of a simple nature, but I've read on other dating sites that most women would simply delete the message if it didn't peak their interest

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:12 PM

MOST of the time asking to see their boobs or if they want to fusk isn't a good idea. laugh laugh laugh

Probably save that for the third email, right? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:01 PM
Hi there,

This may already have been a thread, but I did a quick scan for something dealing with it, but couldn't find one.

I haven't had to ask anyone out on a date for more than 40 years, and with the last couple of long-term relationships, *I* wasn't the one who instigated them, so I'm a bit out of practice.

I see a lot of *do's & don'ts* posted, but...

What would you say in the first email, that would intrigue someone to actually view your profile, and give you a better chance at a response (either positive or negative)

I certainly welcome any response, especially seeing that many on here have been members for quite awhile.

If this has already been discussed, if anyone could point me to the thread, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 09:27 PM

"You're *too* nice... you scare me"

I think I'd rather be called pumpkin-dip noway

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 09:20 PM

"Love Starts With Me"

My point--When I learned to love myself, others were more attracted to me.

oh... I like this one

how about "Loving Others starts with Loving Me" (or is that too long for a book Title, lol)

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 14