Community > Posts By > wxmann

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 11:44 AM
Edited by wxmann on Sun 09/11/11 11:47 AM

in that case i forgive you at least one of my uncles has stuck around :) but i had to change my name because of my creepy stalker i think you might have missed that

Oh... am I starting to creep people out again? huh

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 11:36 AM
Edited by wxmann on Sun 09/11/11 11:40 AM

I am curious how many people here use social networking, via the net, more frequently than actually having face-to-face...in other words...Do you have more cyber friends than actual friends?

I would have to say it's about balanced - real friends versus online friends. There is also friends I have met via radio communications too, by what is called "Skip Conditions". When the skip is running right I can talk to people far, far away. Just this last Friday I talked to a guy in Texas and he sounded as good as if he were in my back yard. Later on I talked to a woman in California east of San Francisco. Saturday I talked to a guy in Queensland Australia. I find it more fun and interesting to talk to people via radio communications than via online as you never know where the skip conditions will take you.

(Oops, typos)

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 11:30 AM
Howdy Partner! waving

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 11:27 AM
I give compliments often and boy, do I get some mean, ornery looks. From women that is. I guess they do not want to be told they look cute, pretty, beautiful or drop-down gorgeous. This day and age I guess I'm suppose to use words like Hot Babe or sexy.

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 11:20 AM
I met a couple women via online dating sites. One of which we met in person after lengthy talks on the phone, texting and emailing. But we have parted ways since this spring, not sure why. Last email I got she was still interested in that long walk soon. I'm patiently waiting.

Another woman I met online we "were" talking on the phone and texting allot too. We were suppose to meet each other at a local car museum for the first time in late May. I was there with a coworker/buddy, waited 3 hours and she never did show up. Or at least greeted me at the car museum. She may have been there and didn't like what she has seen. Don't know why, we exchanged allot of photos of each other via our cellphones. Called her back and never have gotten a response.

I turn most people off in person. I don't know how I do it though. I try to give a nice smile and be polite and say "howdy". I guess I give off bad vibes.

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 11:04 AM
Lots of money to pay off my mortgage, and the truck loan. I'm not asking too much, am I?? whoa

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 10:57 AM
Are drawstring pants meant to be so considerably loose fitting throughout?
ie; Seat, hips, crotch and legs. Mostly in the seat/hip area with rather loose straight legs.

Got some on Ebay a while back. Seller claims they are suppose to fit like that. I may not have the right size as I'm use to buying jeans based on the waist size by inseam length. The ones I got are XL and seem rather loose fitting. Though I'm mostly a jeans kind of guy, just thought I try something different for a change.

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 10:47 AM
I enjoy photography. Most of mine are nature and weather photographs.

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 10:44 AM
I've been noticing some of the threads aren't loading right. I would read a sentence and the far right side of the page is totally black with only the links highlighted.

I am using Google Chrome version 13.0.782.220 m . I use that as it requires far less resources to run on my desktop PC. It runs ten times faster than IE8 and especially faster than Firefox.

wxmann's photo
Sun 09/11/11 10:26 AM

1. One person in the pic. There's a tendency, in multiple-person pics, for them to never let you know which one the profile actually belongs to.

2. No MySpace-style bathroom mirror pics. Especially with the toilet visible and various form of detritus in the aforementioned toilet.

3. No cleavage shots or "Hey, the camera can see right down my shirt!" pics. Reeks of desperation. And I'm not a boob guy.

4. No wedding dress pics. This triggers my gag reflex.

5. No weird angles.

6. No far-far-away shots, where you can't tell if you're looking at a person or a tool shed.

7. Glasses are a plus.

Yeah, that too. As well as photos without a flash.

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 05:29 PM
For me, a woman with long curly hair - mostly blonds. embarassed Don't know why. Someone with dark eyes, especially brown eyes. shades Most of the time it's seeing a woman in a fairly long skirt or dress. Or in a bit more relaxed attire.

I guess I'm old fashion. :thumbsup:

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 05:00 PM

There are men who are abusers of women that are not alcoholics or drug addicts..believe it or not...and the reasons women stay are all different...especially if they have children in common...they fear the children will be hurt or he will take off with them somewhere and keep them from the mother....as a collateral that she won't leave...many women have insecurity issues and the abusers convince or brainwash them that they are worthless and that they don't have anyone but them "the abuser" that loves them...its mostly a power thing....but there are many types of abuse....some women enjoy that type of relationship as the abuser, sometimes is very needy and that makes women feel wanted or needed...even in situations that aren't healthy...men and women who are abused...often have low self esteem and don't think they deserve any better....at the end of the day...it is their choice and there are means to leave but they have to want to..and sometimes the people who can help them are the family and friends that they haven't been allowed contact with due to the abuser being controlling or possessive...no one deserves to be in that situation but we all make our own decisions and sometimes the decisions we make, could bury us.
Hope that helps:):heart:

Yes it does, thank you.

I'm not a fighter in any way, shape or form. Never have had the desire to beat the heck out of some guy and certainly not a woman!!! I think it's foolish and a waste of my precious time. I've had my head knocked around many times in the past. Mostly do to road rage games, but a few times as big guys have felt the need to bust my head open to make them feel more manly and tough. My nose has been re-arrange a few times as well. I'm pretty sure most women can knock me flat on my butt if they wanted to.

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 04:44 PM
I have nothing against people whom can enjoy a good beer or a fine wine.

I like a good beer too "Root Beer". Believe it or not, there are gourmet root beer that cost more than the cheap stuff loaded with tons of sugar (and high fructose corn syrup) you can buy in bulk at Walmart, Meijers, Target, etc. And that gourmet root beer tastes great! But it costs more too. Some better than others, just like regular beer.

The issue I have is when I meet a woman, she tends to push me to drink a beer or wine with her. Claiming it makes you feel better and eases your mind. And when I refuse, well... so much for us ever dating. No, I do not go to bars, clubs or pubs to meet women. Most of the ones I do meet are coworkers or buddies I have that know someone that is available.

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 04:22 PM
Another curiousity question. :wink:

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 04:15 PM

On on the west side shades
YES YOU HAVE THE BETTER HALF OF THE STATE.....LOL

Until winter is here and we get the NW winds blowing this way. Then we get dumped on. Not like it bothers me that much as I'm originally from Western Upper Michigan where we typically get an average 3 feet of snow per winter.

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 04:08 PM
Howdybigsmile

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 04:06 PM
Just wondering if there are any MTB bicyclist out there. I love biking, been doing it for such a long time. It's peaceful and quiet. And it's a good way to get some exercise.

I have a full suspension bike I got at Wally World (Walmart) 2 summers ago. So far I have racked up 886 miles on that bike. Hoping to push it over 900 miles before the snow flies. But have had my fair share of problems too. Say like my rear wheel with it's pressed in bearing race blew out this summer. Took care of the bearings as well. Of course, that isn't something that can easily be replaced. You have to replace either the hub or the entire wheel. Unless you have a truing stand and the knowledge to unbolt/re-bolt all the spokes to replace the hub. I just went and bought a new wheel instead. It was trued up before I walked out the door.

I have some properties I have permission to be on. I have some lengthy trails through the woods. But I also ride on the pavement and dirt roads too. But there you must watch out for teenagers whom like to see how close they can get. And the dogs that run loose all the time that love to chase you down and bite at your ankles or tear you to pieces.

There is a trail not too far away for bicyclist. I have yet to get a day or season pass to use it though. I still need some things before I venture any distance. Need some kind of pack to hold tools, some way of containing a drink (backpack or water bottle) and a pump of some kind. I see Nashbar has a tow-behind trailer.

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 03:51 PM

we might finish last but at least we finish, seen lots of 'bad boys' end up dead or in jail, out of the race and they didn't finish!

Yep

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 03:46 PM
It's not working out too well with me as well. Online dating sites, I don't use the proper words in the proper places (so I was told). Though I try my darnedest to spell correctly. I don't take the right pictures of myself. I cannot take photos of myself - period! When I do, they will be goofy photos.

In person I seem to have issues with the so called "swagger". My vocabulary stinks so I was told. Most likely I don't use the "F" word enough. Most people I have been around use the "F" word at least 3 times per sentence.

I was told my clothing choice is another problem, I don't dress right. I typically wear heavier shirts with jeans and boots. I've been told to wear clothes that are more in line with the latest style trends. I don't follow trends or latest fashion styles. I am me and will follow my own tastes. I don't wear dressier clothes as most seem to think my taste in the dressy attire is all wrong. I prefer dressier clothes to be more relaxed fit. I kinda like fabrics like silk and especially rayon.

The vehicles I drive are another problem. I've been told that I must get something larger in size that speaks volumes to "money" and "wealth". I'm a conservative, I drive an old rusty, but very good running front wheel drive car mostly for the winter months. I paid $250 for it 2.5 years ago. If something happens to it - big deal! Isn't no total lost to me. I also have a compact (rear wheel drive) pickup I financed at $7,200. It's very near pay-off. It's a stick shift (highly partial to manual transmissions) with a standard cab. It's all the truck I'll ever need to haul the stuff I need hauled. It gets great gas mileage too for a pickup, typically gets 28 mpg.

wxmann's photo
Thu 09/08/11 02:51 PM
SINGLE ohwell

Sometimes it is good :banana: and other times not so good grumble

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 12