Community > Posts By > millertime69

millertime69's photo
Wed 05/07/08 07:08 AM
I received this in an e-mail the other day, quite interesting
Life Is Difficult But God Is Good!

DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS?

Very interesting, read until the end.....

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7):
'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for
whatsoever a man sow,
that shall he also reap.

Here are some men and women who mocked God :

John Lennon (Singer):

Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disappear.
I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966).

Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):

During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.

Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):

During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: 'God, that's for you.'
He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic

After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it'

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)

She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'.

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment

Bon Scott (Singer)

The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'.
On the 19th of February 1980 , Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas (IN 2005)

In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.'
She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)
said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.

In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus.
Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.

millertime69's photo
Wed 05/07/08 01:52 AM
flowerforyou Hi Jen, welcome to this crazy worlddrinker

millertime69's photo
Sun 05/04/08 06:10 PM

Hello everybody!

My name is Bearsman and I am an alcoholic.

I have just celebrated 22 years on May 1st.

"Longevity is a beautiful thing,
but all we really have is Today!"

Anon a mouse

Bearsman that's awesome!!!!! I like how someone said to remember to use your tools. Last wknd I had several of my friends over for lunch and said "I need your support!!!!!" "HELP" and it's worked out that one of them have called me every single day. We all live quite a dist. so it's hard.....but ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY!!!! I've had to scream out to let them know how bad it is...and how bad the temptation is......and it was extremely humbling.....but they're proving to me that they are truly my friends.happy bigsmile

Its good to have friends like that, a God-given blessing

millertime69's photo
Sun 05/04/08 03:43 AM

Hello everybody!

My name is Bearsman and I am an alcoholic.

I have just celebrated 22 years on May 1st.

"Longevity is a beautiful thing,
but all we really have is Today!"

Anon a mouse

thats awesome Bearsman!

millertime69's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:57 AM
For me, when I meet a lady it doesnt matter if she has a fat bank account, but it does matter if she has a job or career of some sort. That to me shows she's responsible and can stand on her own two feet. Its hard enough to provide for my children and myself, dont need any more dependants.

millertime69's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:43 AM
I recently went out with a lady a bit older than me, and after one date she thought it was a relationship. She says I'm way too good a person to be alone. The thing is maybe being alone is what makes me such a good person. Heres some of the things I've done while alone that might make me a less good person had someone been around, (1) left a wet towel on the bathroom floor after a shower, (taking a shower would prob be a plus though) (2) didnt rinse my dinner plate after I was done eating, and (3) I once left the seat up on the toilet noway OMG!!! after I relieved myself!!
So as you all can now see, I really am just another inconsiderate slob!!!drinker But I'm OK with that!!

millertime69's photo
Fri 05/02/08 05:17 AM
Theres also a state prison at Grissom

millertime69's photo
Fri 04/18/08 05:32 AM
drinker Did y'all feel the earthquake this morning?? I didnt but my 13 yr old who usually will sleep thru anything asked first thing this morning if we had an earthquake.....

millertime69's photo
Sat 04/12/08 09:56 AM

Make sure you try "Mutual Match" Ride the wave of Romance today!!

Hows that workin out for ya so far??laugh laugh

millertime69's photo
Sat 04/12/08 09:38 AM
flowerforyou Thats us here in good ole Indiana, well bred and cornfed!!glasses

millertime69's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:38 PM
Thats too bad about your family Twitch. But we have to do what we have to do to maintain sobriety. I will put you in my prayersflowerforyou

millertime69's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:14 PM

Aikido
When Something Bad as rape DOES happen God can turn the evil into something Good, he doesn't cause evil but he can take something meant for evil and make something Beautiful.

Even if someone gives into their lust in such a Horrible way and the woman gets preg. God could use that Child to find a cure for something or do something great for humankind, if the child doesn't get aborted.

If a child is deformed That child can still be used to do something GREAT for God.

Take Nick Vujicic for instance he was Born with no arms and no legs and he is doing great things for God.
Google his name and watch his videos maybe you'll get something out of it.

In our weakness He is glorified.

millertime69's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:01 PM
How are y'all enjoying this beautiful spring weather we've been having the last few days??!!! Was even able to get the bike out and ride a couple hundred miles over the weekend, that was awesome!!

millertime69's photo
Tue 04/08/08 04:57 PM

There are two of us here, so we have two viewpoints:

A. I think when it comes to addiction. Some people need the belief in God to help them along. They're not strong enough on their own, but with the help of Him, they feel like they can conquer this disease.

B. She thinks, yes, you definitely need to ask God for help. But if you're not willing to change, it's not going to work.

flowerforyou You are both correct, the first step is to admit we're powerless over our addiction. With the help of our Higher Power (Jesus Christ is mine) we can overcome the second most powerful force in the universe (Satan, who is the source of all addictions). But it does require a desire to quit, and a commitment to follow thru with the steps needed to succeed.

One of the steps I had to take was change my playground and my playmates. My old friends werent interested in my sobriety and spending time at the local bar wasnt gonna help me to not drink. Thank God I have a supportive family (my children) so that is a safe haven for me. Its so much harder for someone to stay clean and sober if others in their household are still getting high or drinking.

millertime69's photo
Thu 04/03/08 01:54 AM
Thanks Torybelleflowerforyou What I like about Celebrate Recovery is it focuses more on the future and on the source of our recovery (Jesus Christ). Every time I go to an AA/NA meeting and listen to others war stories I get a bad feeling in my gut. Theres entirely too much focus on the past and for me that doesnt give me encouragement.
I did recently visit a prison AA/NA meeting and that was awesome! Hopefully, God willing, I will have the opportunity to do that more often.
God Bless!!

millertime69's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:48 AM
drinker How you doin Jonny? I too battled many demons in my life till I finally realized theres no way I can win on my own. You are trying to do battle with the second most powerful force in the universe and on your own you wont win. I asked Jesus Christ to do my battles for me and He does! He is with me and never leaves me alone. I have abused drugs since I was 17 and by God's grace its close to 4 years now that I'm sober! Meth was my worst demon by far but God has taken the urges away for me. Theres a program out called Celebrate Recovery that is an awesome program. Its similar to AA/NA, a 12 step program, but its faith based and it works. Check the internet and see if theres a group in your area. Good luck Jonny, God bless, and I'll be praying for you.glasses

millertime69's photo
Tue 04/01/08 05:47 PM
Hello Indiana!! I'm one of the guilty ones that hasnt checked in lately. Hi Unsure and Jazzie, and the rest of you fellow Hoosiers. How are y'all doin?? anyone ready for spring yet??glasses

millertime69's photo
Wed 03/19/08 03:48 PM
A guy was sitting at a table in his favorite restaurant when he spotted a beautiful lady across the room eating by herself. He calls the waiter and asks for a bottle of their most expensive wine to be sent over to the lady. The waiter delivered it saying it was from that gentleman over there. She looks at it and then sends a note over saying," For me to accept this you need a Mercedes in your garage, $1 million in the bank and seven inches in your pants."

After reading the note the man replies with his own note saying," As it happens I have a Ferrari Tesarosa, a Maserati Shamal, and a Mercedes 600SL in my garage, and I have over $10 million in the bank. But not even for a lady as beautiful as you am I willing to cut off three inches. Just send the bottle back"
flowerforyou flowerforyou

millertime69's photo
Wed 03/12/08 04:15 PM
Hello, Im Marv, an addict. Going on 4 years clean, 2 of em because of incarceration, so sort of against my will at the time. During my incarceration I became a born again christian and was very active in AA, NA, and a state substance abuse program. This past Monday night I had the priviledge of going back to prison, this time voluntarily and as a citizen, not a number! It was very inspirational n brought back lots of memories. I was the guest speaker at their NA/AA meeting and so many of the guys really want to clean their act up, but its a sad reality of how low the success rate is. Its a tough demon to battle and if you try to do it on your own very few will make it. My question is have any of you done any service work such as going in to your county jail or a state facility?

millertime69's photo
Wed 03/12/08 03:56 PM
Hello ladiesflowerforyou and all the gents alsodrinker Syracuse Indiana here. What an absolutely beautiful day we had!! Hope everyone enjoyed it

Previous 1