Community > Posts By > crickstergo

no photo
Sat 01/11/14 07:45 AM
lying or not...he fired those idiots...unlike Obama who lies and then coddles his idiots that mess up...

no photo
Thu 01/02/14 11:53 AM
brings up some interesting questions...what if I shot one down over my property while bird hunting....

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2013/07/photographer_george_steinmetz_arrest_how_much_airspace_do_you_own.html

no photo
Thu 01/02/14 06:44 AM
Reddit User Posts $55,000 Hospital Bill for Appendectomy

When a 20-year-old man got over the pain of having his burst appendix removed in October, he got hit with a hospital bill he wasn't expecting.

The bill from Sutter General Hospital in Sacramento, Calif., said the total charges were $55,029.31 but that the patient owed only $11,119.23 because his insurance had covered the rest.

Shocked, the patient took to Reddit to post the bill and vent his frustrations.

"I never truly understood how much health care in the U.S. costs until I got appendicitis in October," he wrote on the social media site. "I'm a 20-year-old guy. Thought other people should see this to get a real idea of how much an unpreventable illness costs in the U.S."

The recovery room alone cost $7,501.00, which the man said was surprising because he spent only two hours in there. The surgery cost $16,277.

"I think you can see how outrageous some of these costs are," he wrote.

But the bill was not so unusual, given recent studies that showed how the cost of medical procedures could vary from hospital to hospital, said Timothy McBride, a professor and health policy analyst at Washington University in St. Louis.

In April, University of California San Francisco researchers set out to find out how much an appendectomy cost among 19,000 patients in California. An appendectomy varied in price from $1,529 to $182,955, the researchers wrote in the study published in the journal Archives of Internal Medicine.

"For some reasons that are probably quite legitimate, they pad these prices to cover what economists might call fixed costs," McBride said. These include such items as uncompensated care and staff costs, he said. Hospital prices can therefore vary depending on whether the hospital is a teaching hospital, sees more patients with chronic disease or offers only basic care.

As a result, patients shouldn't be afraid to ask questions, and -- if necessary -- ask for a price reduction, McBride said.

"It's kind of like an opening bid if you went into an auto store," McBride said of hospital billing. "Very few people now pay the sticker price."

Sutter General Hospital spokeswoman Nancy Turner said hospital billing is complicated, and that the hospital has people available to help patients navigate it. She said hospitals often serve many patients who don't pay at all or don't pay the actual cost of treatment because they are on Medicare or Medi-Cal, California's version of Medicaid.

"Sutter Health agrees that an improved billing structure is needed, where published charges are more closely aligned with actual costs," Turner said. "And a more straightforward pricing system is only possible when reimbursement from government-sponsored patients covers actual costs."

http://gma.yahoo.com/reddit-user-posts-55-000-hospital-bill-appendectomy-123853510.html

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 08:26 PM
excerpt:

"According to the New York Post, we are now seeing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama is adding a line to the forms their customers receive that will clearly show how much the ObamaCare taxes are costing them every month and every year. This is labeled ‘Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.’ According to another report from Kaiser Health News, these taxes added up to $23.14 a month on one customer’s bill, boosting their premium from $322.26 to $345.40 per month. That is an annual increase of $277.68."

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/high-cost-of-obamacare-premiums-only-the-beginning-take-a-look-at-these-obamacare-taxes/
December 27, 2013

so now there is definitely no squirming room out of Obama's no increase in taxes promise anymore...this is a big tax increase on people making less than $250,000...

:angry: :angry: :angry:

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 04:48 PM

laugh Should be the liar of the last 5 years.

sometimes I need a good rolling on the floor laugh...so I just play up a couple of his earlier pre presidential speeches...and like a child yell out liar liar pants on fire...

no photo
Sat 12/28/13 08:16 PM
Edited by crickstergo on Sat 12/28/13 08:18 PM

Not kidding at all, as serious as a heart attack, maybe more so. Absurd, depends on where you sit, on this side absolutely not absurd at all. The worse I've met are MBAs from Harvard, good pull, little thinking.

Good little citizens, absolutely, the world is full of them. And what makes you think violence was involved, your answer to situations where you are uncomfortable? Superior, yes to those with an inferiority complex it would seem so.

And my world being lonely, absolutely not but it isn't as crowed as the other side. In fact there are more than a few posting on this forum that are members of that world where the inhabitants employ critical thinking. And the interesting part is I don't even need to name them, they know who they are.

and in the real world, that is referred to as a being a legend in one's own mind...such a dim view of humanity...

Real world, what is a real world? Are you inferring that the world of the sheeple being good citizens is not real or are you inferring that the world of those refusing to be sheeple is not real.

Well I love to pop your little indoctrinated bubble but both are very real. It is just a matter of how you make that journey from birth to death that differs.

To those capable of critical thinking and discovering education it is a challenging and exciting world full of exciting things to be discovered and choices to be made. Some choices are easy but it is those that are hard that are the separators, there are fraught with dangers, ridicule and pain but the freedom enjoyed is worth every moment.

Humanity, I always have a dim view of humanity. All it takes is a study of history to understand humanity if fraught with the sheeple that makes freedom painful.

I'll kindly remove my shoes from your world of BS...and let you sit on your make believe throne of self professed superiority....

no photo
Sat 12/28/13 01:36 PM
Edited by crickstergo on Sat 12/28/13 01:37 PM

Now what would lead someone to believe a college degree would be involved, but if the indoctrination is continued, enough intelligence is lost to qualify for a masters.

But over the long term, a college education does show that one is a good little citizen capable of following the required programming. Sort of along the lines of Ayn Ryan's "The Fountainhead" and Howard Roark, good for fundamentals but gets in the way of critical thinking and real education.

And nowhere was there an "I" in regards to responsibility, but thank you for proving my point, their is no understanding and no it is not a "kindergarten" concept, perhaps that is the problem. Today's world and the modern generations have no understanding beyond the "kindergarten" level.

If you really want to understand education, then look at the old "Harvard" of the 17th and 18th Centuries (yes Harvard was more than 100 years old when this country was born) or look at the original William and Mary that Jefferson helped to establish.

U R kidding right? noway lost intelligence in receiving a masters...of course you can't wrap your mind around that absurdity I'm sure...

good little citizen...who broke your nose? such that u feel superior over others...that world of critical thinking you are in must be a lonely world...

Not kidding at all, as serious as a heart attack, maybe more so. Absurd, depends on where you sit, on this side absolutely not absurd at all. The worse I've met are MBAs from Harvard, good pull, little thinking.

Good little citizens, absolutely, the world is full of them. And what makes you think violence was involved, your answer to situations where you are uncomfortable? Superior, yes to those with an inferiority complex it would seem so.

And my world being lonely, absolutely not but it isn't as crowed as the other side. In fact there are more than a few posting on this forum that are members of that world where the inhabitants employ critical thinking. And the interesting part is I don't even need to name them, they know who they are.

and in the real world, that is referred to as a being a legend in one's own mind...such a dim view of humanity...

no photo
Sat 12/28/13 12:34 PM

Well I see that the state run indoctrination system is working very well. Do you really believe that dribble? Responsibility and what is referred to as education is an oxymoron. Does anyone today really understand education? And what is responsibility, is that term even possible to understand in today's environment?

state run indoctrination...laughable...those that use such claims are usually the guilty ones of some kind of indoctrination themselves...dribble my ***...would not trade my college education that has led me to be able to provide a successful life for anything...do u really want to admit to having a problem in understanding "personal responsibility"? It is a kindergarten concept...even in todays world.

Now what would lead someone to believe a college degree would be involved, but if the indoctrination is continued, enough intelligence is lost to qualify for a masters.

But over the long term, a college education does show that one is a good little citizen capable of following the required programming. Sort of along the lines of Ayn Ryan's "The Fountainhead" and Howard Roark, good for fundamentals but gets in the way of critical thinking and real education.

And nowhere was there an "I" in regards to responsibility, but thank you for proving my point, their is no understanding and no it is not a "kindergarten" concept, perhaps that is the problem. Today's world and the modern generations have no understanding beyond the "kindergarten" level.

If you really want to understand education, then look at the old "Harvard" of the 17th and 18th Centuries (yes Harvard was more than 100 years old when this country was born) or look at the original William and Mary that Jefferson helped to establish.

U R kidding right? noway lost intelligence in receiving a masters...of course you can't wrap your mind around that absurdity I'm sure...

good little citizen...who broke your nose? such that u feel superior over others...that world of critical thinking you are in must be a lonely world...

no photo
Sat 12/28/13 08:13 AM

What if Wallmart rather than raising prices took a small cut in its massive profits to fund its pay increase? Each wallmart costs a community on average of 900,000 per year in food stamps and medical care and free lunches etc etc because of its low pay.

that correlation is ridiculous...that thinking is part of the new entitlement generation's philosophy...cause the bottom line is if Wal Mart closed most of those workers would NEVER get off food stamps anyway...the way employment has been for the last 6 years better quit hating on Wal Mart...as a society we are now blaming Wal Mart and not taking any personal responsibility to acquire the skills and education needed to find a better paying job...one being on food stamps is now all Wal Mart's fought for one choosing to work there...sorry, I have to laugh

Well I see that the state run indoctrination system is working very well. Do you really believe that dribble? Responsibility and what is referred to as education is an oxymoron. Does anyone today really understand education? And what is responsibility, is that term even possible to understand in today's environment?

state run indoctrination...laughable...those that use such claims are usually the guilty ones of some kind of indoctrination themselves...dribble my ***...would not trade my college education that has led me to be able to provide a successful life for anything...do u really want to admit to having a problem in understanding "personal responsibility"? It is a kindergarten concept...even in todays world.

no photo
Fri 12/27/13 07:09 AM

What if Wallmart rather than raising prices took a small cut in its massive profits to fund its pay increase? Each wallmart costs a community on average of 900,000 per year in food stamps and medical care and free lunches etc etc because of its low pay.

that correlation is ridiculous...that thinking is part of the new entitlement generation's philosophy...cause the bottom line is if Wal Mart closed most of those workers would NEVER get off food stamps anyway...the way employment has been for the last 6 years better quit hating on Wal Mart...as a society we are now blaming Wal Mart and not taking any personal responsibility to acquire the skills and education needed to find a better paying job...one being on food stamps is now all Wal Mart's fought for one choosing to work there...sorry, I have to laugh

no photo
Fri 12/27/13 06:50 AM

I do not know, everybody latches on to 'mental illness' for their abhorrent behavior so much I think it is just a cop out...:angry:

EXACTLY flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 12/27/13 05:57 AM
so disgusting...I'd let the old man have one whack with a baseball bat to the young fella's naked *** and give the young man the video to show all his friends...why I'm not a cop...growing up some of my friends had a nite out shooting out car windows with a pellet gun...when caught the officer gave them the choice of shooting all the windows out in their cars or arresting them...good lesson as all involved never broke the law again...

no photo
Fri 12/27/13 05:27 AM

If you go to work for any retailer then complain about how little you get paid, then you aren't too bright. Like these idiots wanting McDonalds employees to get $15 an hour, are any of you who support this willing to pay $8 for a solo bigmac?

Personally, I have a problem paying a $1.00 for a Big Mac but in reality they should cost $15.00 maybe even $20.00 and "Supersize" should cost an extra $20.00.

But as for retail, once upon a time, working retail was a legitimate career capable of supporting a family, but thanks to "Wallyworld" that is no longer true.

Or is it that you haven't caught on, the US is fast accelerating to a third world economy. Soon there will be nothing left but "fast food" and lawyers left in this country. Welcome to the "next" generation!
I am old enough to remember the middle class. We lived in a middle class neighborhood. Some kids dads were cops other kids of union factory workers, a guy who owned a camera shop another dad who was a manager of lawn and auto at sears and all us kids had the same new Schwinn bikes and new clothes for school and medical care was not a financial crisis. We have sunk so hard so fast I think most people do not even notice.

and that middle class had only one car...and it sure wasn't a 40,000 dollar suv or monster truck either...and that middle class had one landline...not a $200 plus a month cell phone bill...and that middle class ate at home not out 3 times a week...and that middle class had kids that had cheap fm radios not $500 computers, tablets, etc and that middle class didn't buy their kids sneakers that cost $200... and that's the real reason this middle class has sunk so far so fast....extravagance and DEBT...
Oh BS on that. Mom did not work either we have two income families now and most of them do not buy their kids sneakers at 200 a pop.

not bs and u just proved my point...second income was needed for all the material middle class things most middle income families do spend for now...I could continue the list...middle class families had a $100 antennae on their house that lasted 5 years and not a $100 plus a month cable bill...most middle class families had one 19 inch tv not a 60 inch tv that cost over $1000.00 along with two other TV's and now for the killer...most middle class families didn't have all those things that cost like that cause they were smart enough to spend for equity in their homes...

no photo
Thu 12/26/13 07:43 PM

If you go to work for any retailer then complain about how little you get paid, then you aren't too bright. Like these idiots wanting McDonalds employees to get $15 an hour, are any of you who support this willing to pay $8 for a solo bigmac?

Personally, I have a problem paying a $1.00 for a Big Mac but in reality they should cost $15.00 maybe even $20.00 and "Supersize" should cost an extra $20.00.

But as for retail, once upon a time, working retail was a legitimate career capable of supporting a family, but thanks to "Wallyworld" that is no longer true.

Or is it that you haven't caught on, the US is fast accelerating to a third world economy. Soon there will be nothing left but "fast food" and lawyers left in this country. Welcome to the "next" generation!
I am old enough to remember the middle class. We lived in a middle class neighborhood. Some kids dads were cops other kids of union factory workers, a guy who owned a camera shop another dad who was a manager of lawn and auto at sears and all us kids had the same new Schwinn bikes and new clothes for school and medical care was not a financial crisis. We have sunk so hard so fast I think most people do not even notice.

and that middle class had only one car...and it sure wasn't a 40,000 dollar suv or monster truck either...and that middle class had one landline...not a $200 plus a month cell phone bill...and that middle class ate at home not out 3 times a week...and that middle class had kids that had cheap fm radios not $500 computers, tablets, etc and that middle class didn't buy their kids sneakers that cost $200... and that's the real reason this middle class has sunk so far so fast....extravagance and DEBT...

no photo
Thu 12/26/13 09:06 AM

Will Walmart shoppers support "Every Day High Wages?"

Walmart touts "Everyday Low Prices," but we asked its customers to support 'Everyday High Wages" instead. We posed as representatives of "15 for 15," a make-believe organization advocating that Walmart raise prices by 15% and use the extra cash to pay its low-skilled workers $15 per hour. The surcharge would be added to customer's bills at checkout, just like a gratuity at a restaurant. Not surprisingly few shoppers supported our cause. Even those who felt Walmart workers should be paid more did not want to pay higher prices themselves to make it possible. Those demanding higher wages for Walmart's workers should consider the importance of low prices to Walmart's customers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLr5oWfoWRY

so that's where all the chatter is coming from I'm hearing...

and it was a RESOUNDING NO ... when people have to open their wallets talk always gets real...I bet Washington would change real fast if there were lines on tax returns ponying up payment for some of our social programs...

no photo
Thu 12/26/13 07:15 AM
Wal Mart decided that a $15 minimum wage was a good idea to combat wage inequality...but instead of Wal Mart raising prices, a 15% OPTIONAL gratuity would be added to your receipt...every penny of the gratuity would go to their low wage workers...the number of customers OPTING OUT would be tallied for a period of time and if more than 50% of customers OPTIONED OUT, Wal Mart would suspend the program...of course, if more than 50% did NOT option out and paid, one could DEFINITELY conclude that Americans do support minimum wage increase.

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 08:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLYgl4-1SCE

now we know why Harry Reid was hospitalized...lol

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 07:06 AM
yup...Obama is now the new third legislative body of the US...more powerful than the Senate or House...selective enforcement of laws has been going on for sometime now in the USA...Obama is out on a totally new limb though...actually changing the law as written by Congress...and until that limb breaks we r stuck with Obamacare.

no photo
Fri 12/20/13 06:14 AM
In a surprise move, the Obama administration essentially lifted the individual mandate last night for anyone who saw their insurance policy cancelled thanks to the Affordable Care Act, just days before the Dec. 23 deadline to sign up for Jan. 1 coverage. These consumers will be able to apply for a hardship exemption if they think the plans on the government-run exchanges are too expensive, allowing them to buy bare-bones "catastrophic" coverage instead, or simply duck the requirement entirely, the Washington Post reports.

• The change is a response to pressure from a dozen Democratic senators, most facing tough reelection campaigns, who said the administration hadn't done enough to help people bitten by the law. They issued a statement last night saying they were pleased, but would "closely monitor how the administration implements this option."

• Marco Rubio, meanwhile, took the chance to gloat, saying the administration was "recognizing the grim reality that more Americans have lost health insurance than gained it," Politico reports.

• The administration actually believes that there are fewer than 500,000 people who lost coverage and haven't signed up for new plans yet, though officials admit that's just their best guess.

• Insurance companies are furious. "This latest rule change could cause significant instability," one industry group told the New York Times, while an anonymous official tells the Post that they're worried people with exemptions will wait until they get sick to sign up.

• Many insurers were already having trouble getting people on board before the deadline, the Wall Street Journal reported today. "We've had some people telling us it's too close to the holidays," one official said.

• The move came a day after insurers agreed—thanks to administration pressure—to push back the deadline for customers to pay their first premium to Jan. 10, the Huffington Post reports. They have, however, rebuffed the administration's request that they in January cover drugs that they don't cover, but that may have been covered under a consumer's previous plan.

http://www.newser.com/story/179506/at-11th-hour-obama-eases-health-care-mandate.html

guess this is for those states that didn't reinstate the cancelled policies...Obama is now a dictator...tweaking the affordable care act at will as he sees fit...another futile attempt to right a ship that is sinking...

no photo
Thu 12/19/13 08:42 PM
Wow...a gay man/woman could marry in a state that recognizes gay marriage and then also marry a heterosexual in another state legally if that state doesn't recognize gay marriage...

http://news.yahoo.com/north-dakota-says-man-same-sex-marriage-may-233235900.html

excerpt :

"a part of the Defense of Marriage Act says states need not recognize a same-sex marriage formed in another state in finding that a marriage license could be issued even if the same-sex marriage was not dissolved."

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25