Community > Posts By > Kat_68

Kat_68's photo
Sun 10/11/09 06:58 AM
Sex on the 1st (REAL)date?I can tell you... guys may be ok with it at the "moment".... the next day they aren't thinking the same way. It was too easy for them and there isn't USUALLY further effort to be with the woman... I'm not generalizing... Some men aren't pigs... but when the woman is too easy... expect to be treated that way.

Kat_68's photo
Mon 08/31/09 07:32 PM
its happened to me to! now i know i'm not crazy.... wellll about that anyway! LOL

Kat_68's photo
Tue 06/30/09 02:18 AM

Because they want their cake and eat it too.flowerforyou

ok ok .....dear God someone explain that!

what good is having cake if you're not supposed to eat it?

:angry: mad

All silly-ness aside...

To have one's cake and eat it too or simply have one's cake and eat it (sometimes eat one's cake and have it too) is the instance of an individual consuming, exhausting, taking advantage of or using up a particular thing and, then, after that thing is gone or no longer reasonably available, still attempting to benefit from or use it. It may also indicate having or wanting more than one can handle or deserve, or trying to have two incompatible things. It is a popular English idiomatic proverb or figure of speech and is most often used negatively. The proverb's meaning is similar to the phrases, "you can't have it both ways" and "you can't have the best of both worlds."

As an example, an individual who is engaged to marry someone but is still dating others romantically would be said to be having one's cake and eating it too.

History
The phrase's earliest recording is from 1546 as "wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?" (John Heywood's 'A dialogue Conteinyng the Nomber in Effect of All the Prouerbes in the Englishe Tongue')[1] alluding to the impossibility of eating your cake and still having it afterwards; the modern version (where the clauses are reversed) is a corruption which was first signaled in 1812.

Paul Brians, Professor of English at Washington State University, points out that perhaps a more logical or easier to understand version of this saying is: “You can’t eat your cake and have it too”. Professor Brians writes that a common source of confusion about this idiom stems from the verb to have which in this case indicates that once eaten, possession of the cake is no longer possible.[2] Alternatively, the two verbs can be understood to represent a sequence of actions, so one can indeed "have" one's cake and then "eat" it. Consequently, the literal meaning of the reversed idiom doesn't match the metaphorical meaning.

THANKS TO: Wikipedia®

Kat_68's photo
Fri 01/02/09 03:57 PM
TO ANYONE WHO WAS CONVERSING WITH THIS MEMBER:

http://mingle2.com/user/view/267985

HE CALLS HIMSELF: 03customhd

I HAVE BEEN CONVERSING WITH THIS OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL FOR OVER 2 YRS.

A FEW MONTHS AGO, HE WAS HIT BY A CAR WHILE WALKING HIS DOG, IT WAS A HIT AND RUN, THEY STILL HAVENT CAUGHT THE DRIVER THAT HIT HIM.

HE WAS CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR AFTER EXTENSIVE SURGERIES.

RECEINTLY, HE HAD TO BE PLACED IN A CONVALESANT HOME FOR HIS HEALTH.

I WAS JUST TODAY TALKING WITH HIS DAUGHTER AND THERE IS VERY BAD NEWS.

JIM HAD A STROKE AND IS IN A COMA.

PLEASE, EVERYONE WHO KNOWS HIM, OR DOESN'T KNOW HIM, PRAY IN ANY WAY YOU WISH FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

JIM WAS A FUNNY, ACTIVE, INTELLIGENT MAN AND I AM HAPPY TO CALL HIM FRIEND.

I MISS OUR LONG TALKS....

I'M PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!

Kathy.

Kat_68's photo
Fri 01/02/09 03:39 PM
Edited by Kat_68 on Fri 01/02/09 03:40 PM

Yes, as mentioned it said "most" not all women think that way. Some younger women are attracted to older men, but I can say fairly confidently that most aren't.

you are correct there... my best friend likes men who are 10 or more yrs older than her... and it IS an attraction thing....

IMO... its not just an attraction thing. some of us here are looking for the elusive LTR...

If there is a large age difference, it is difficult to be on the same page (life stage wise) with someone much older or younger than you.

someone lots older has been there done that.... and someone lots younger is exited over things the will bore the older one to tears...

this IS NOT ALWAYS the case, but i have seen irritation in an older mans face at my too young suggestions, and been drivin crazy by a younger man's desire to do things new to him, yet old hat to me.

maybe i am judgemental... but its the way its happened for me...

I like to stick with a 10 yr range from 5 yrs younger to 5 older... that way we will be able to relate better.... i dont mean to offend anyone here. but this dating thing is hard and scary and can be heartbreaking. everyone needs all the advantages they can get.

Kat_68's photo
Fri 01/02/09 03:19 PM
Edited by Kat_68 on Fri 01/02/09 03:22 PM
oops ...

Kat_68's photo
Wed 11/26/08 11:52 PM
I figured out how to see my favorites...

The only time I see if anyone has added me to theirs, is when they add me.

Is there a link to where I can see who has added me to their favotites?

Kat_68's photo
Mon 11/03/08 07:39 PM
Edited by Kat_68 on Mon 11/03/08 07:40 PM
What is annoying me?

Men that come on dating sites claiming to be single... who are not really single.rant

Makes a girl wanna take up drinking.drinks drinker

Kat_68's photo
Sat 11/01/08 04:39 PM
Edited by Kat_68 on Sat 11/01/08 04:42 PM

so whats up did any of you m/f find anyone you want to be with yet or are ya still looking????flowerforyou love ohwell

I have never met any one from this site. I have from other sites though. There are dry spells... and sometimes... well, when it rains it pours.

Internet dating has to be the scariest thing I have ever done. ( I am not scared easily either, I am a trucker and have had to spend the night in some places that can sare you gray!!! )

I have been on here, ( JSH/M2 ) for over a year.

It seems to be that people are either here to play games, or have such high expectations, that no-one could possibly live up to them.

I'm not quite sure why I keep my membership here, except for the excellent forums, this is the driest site I have ever belonged to... With one exception... E-Harmony... that place is expensive and in 2 months I didnt get one reply.

Being a BBW in the dating world is hard enough without the high expections of men who want a mature, sexy, baggage free, kid free, smoke free, alcohol free, Barbie-Doll model.

OK. I admit that sounded harsh. Not all men are like that, but I seem to run into a lot of them.

So, NO. No luck here yet. I have gotten to the point where I am very cynical. I have gotten nasty replies, no replies, nice replies, and traded emails for a while then they disappear. I have gotten as far as chatting and phone calls that end abruptly.

I wish all the good luck for everyone here. Whether you have found your mate or not... Keep hoping... because when that is gone, there isnt much left but loneliness.

Kat_68's photo
Tue 10/14/08 05:34 AM

I think the one I am most sick of hearing lately is:

"I'm getting back with my ex"

frustrated

You know what, I have NEVER gotten back with an ex, and I have heard of ALOT of people doing it lately...What gives with that?

"It's called a break up, because it's broken"

I have never been back with an ex either. Not men Not jobs. I dont get it either. Been Told this Twice now. So much time wasted on men who never wanted anyone else but their ex in the first place. Why start with someone else when you are in LOVE with your ex still? beats me!

Kat_68's photo
Tue 10/14/08 05:22 AM
I think the one I am most sick of hearing lately is:

"I'm getting back with my ex"

frustrated

Kat_68's photo
Wed 06/18/08 03:04 PM
yes when overtired i get very cold and cannot get warm

Kat_68's photo
Sat 05/31/08 12:12 PM
Edited by Kat_68 on Sat 05/31/08 12:13 PM

Kat_68's photo
Tue 05/27/08 02:09 AM
Gas:$4.099---Milk:$3.99
noway
Sullivan County, NY

Kat_68's photo
Wed 05/21/08 07:04 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!

Kat_68's photo
Wed 05/21/08 05:48 PM
smokin smokin

Kat_68's photo
Sun 05/18/08 05:51 PM

jsh is for people with no life, I guess that includes me .... whatever...:tongue: laugh drinker

WOW. Even though you included yourself in that... DAMN that was harsh!!!brokenheart

Kat_68's photo
Sun 05/18/08 05:39 PM
Having a crush, or being the object of one would be nice I think....glasses

Kat_68's photo
Sat 05/17/08 09:25 PM
how did I miss this? I had no clue there was any kind of switchover...noway noway noway noway noway

Kat_68's photo
Thu 05/15/08 07:26 PM
yes and it sucks.explode he did it to me twice.brokenheart

dont let it happen to you!!!ohwell if he disappears once he will again:angry:

Previous 1 3 4 5