Community > Posts By > fisheyelens

fisheyelens's photo
Sun 08/31/08 09:57 PM
Hate the new name. Bring back JustSayHi.

fisheyelens's photo
Fri 11/30/07 01:07 AM
Where I work, one of the guys there had a one night stand and sure enough, the girl is pregnant. Now he runs around the shop bad mouthing her, saying how much he dislikes her, what a pain it is to be in his position. What a chicken-**** attitude. Regardless of weather he likes her or not, she is going to have his baby. They got together and now she's pregnant. All the could of, should of crap is wasted energy.

He needs to stop being a jackass and get on the phone and call her every day. Ask how she's feeling. See if she needs anything. Make sure she's eating well, getting the right exercise. Whatever it takes to help her get through the pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby. Then he's gotta be there for the baby. They don't have to live together or love each other, but that child is 100% dependent on those two for everything and all the BS between them has to stop.

Yes, I've been telling him this, but it hasn't sunken in yet. I'm going to keep at it until it does. It pisses me off that that little unborn baby has to start off life like that. Anyhow, I'll get off my soapbox now.

fisheyelens's photo
Sat 11/17/07 07:30 PM
What do you do when you meet someone you want to get closer to, but they 'just want to be friends.'? My instinct says to never contact them anymore as they will just be a distraction.

fisheyelens's photo
Fri 11/16/07 10:23 PM
I've been doing a little research on the properties of light as it pertains to dating. Here's what I've found.

In the begining, God said, "Let there be light." And there was light.

In the year 1666, Isaac Newton focused a beam of light at a prism separating it into the visible spectrum. Between 1704 and 1730 he publishes Opticks, where he develops the particle theory of light. He is able to give plausible explanations for properties of light such as color, reflection, and refraction. Visible light contains all colors naturally, but there are three main or primary colors. Red, blue and green. Using just those three colors, all the other colors can be created by mixing them in different ways. Red and blue create magenta, red and green make yellow, blue and green make cyan. Those are called the secondary colors and can be mixed in the same way to recreate the three primary colors.

Years later, in 1819, Augustin Fresnel writes a comprehensive treatment of the wave theory of light, refuting completely the particle theory of light.

In the early 20th Century, German scientist Albert Einstein proposed that light has the properties of both particulates and waves. We have all heard the equation E=mc2 where E is the energy, m is the mass of the body and c is the velocity, or speed, of light. That famous equation explains that mass and energy can be converted from one to the other. In metric units, the speed of light is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h). The fundamental SI unit of length, the metre, has been defined since October 21, 1983, as the distance light travels in a vacuum in 1/299,792,458 of a second.

Let us consider the differences between a wave and a particle.

Particles are discrete. Their energy is concentrated into a finite space, one which has definite boundaries and homogenous contents that are the same at any point within the particle. Particles exist at specific locations, represented by a set of as many co-ordinates as there are dimensions, each co-ordinate representing one. Particles can never exist in more than one places at the same time. Their motion is governed by the the laws of kinetics and mechanics. Simple laws like the law of conservation of energy and the law of conservation of momentum govern how particles interact during collision. These essential basic laws are a part of Newtonian mechanics and were first published in his principia mathematica in 1687.

Waves, on the other hand cannot be considered a finite entity. Since by definition, the energy of waves varies both in dosplacement as well as time, their energy cannot be considered to exist in a single place.

A wave, unlike a particle can propagate, in an area of space until it exists in all locations and at all times. A pure sine wave is to represent a wave in nature mathematically. Such a wave has no beginning or end, a fixed period after which it repeats itself. Hence, we just need to analyse a part or a phase of the wave and obtain a value for its velocity within this area. Some fundamental features that govern the nature of a wave are the frequency (f), wave number (k) and wavelength (8).

Light is a deformation of electric (E) and magnetic (B) fields in an area of space, which oscillate in planes that are perpendicular to each other.

These two known ways in which the transmission of energy occurs - waves and particles seem to be completely different from each other. However, both of them perfectly seem to befit the title - 'component of energy.

My conclusion of this research is that when the wave-particle duality of light bounces off a womans cleavage, and reflects into my eyes, I am powerless to stop it.

fisheyelens's photo
Fri 11/16/07 09:09 PM

A man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit jump out across the middle of the road.

He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the car.

The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal lover,
pulls over and gets out to see what has become of the rabbit.

Much to his dismay, the rabbit is dead.

The driver feels so awful that he begins to cry.

A beautiful blonde woman driving down the highway sees a man crying on the side of the road and pulls over.

She steps out of the car and asks the man what's wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explains,

"I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it."

The blonde says, "Don't worry."

She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can.

She walks over to the limp, dead rabbit, bends down, and sprays the contents onto the rabbit.

The rabbit jumps up, waves its paw at the two of them and hops off down the road.

Ten feet away the rabbit stops,

turns around and waves again,

he hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves, hops another ten feet, turns and waves, and repeats this again and again and again, until he hops out of sight.

The man is astonished.

He runs over to the woman and demands,
"what is in that can?

What did you spray on that rabbit?"

The woman turns the can around so that the man can read the label.

It says..

(Are you ready for this?)

(It's definitely a Blonde Joke!)

(You know you could just click off and not read the punch line....)

(You know you're gonna be sorry)

(Last chance)

(OK, here it is)

It says,

"Hair Spray -

Restores life to dead hair,

and adds permanent wave."

fisheyelens's photo
Fri 11/16/07 12:35 PM
Edited by fisheyelens on Fri 11/16/07 12:40 PM
Three on my list. Fun car: 1964 Mini. Crazy car: Ariel Atom. Practical car: Audi S4. Current cars: 2002 Ford Ranger, 1967 Mustang Fastback.

All the people dreaming about late model Shelby Mustangs, remember that they have big engines and crappy suspension. You'll die when you go around a corner. Look at the Roush Mustangs instead.

fisheyelens's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:25 AM
A good friend at law school is coming home for vacation soon. We're going to tape some butcher paper to his wall with all the lawyer jokes we can find. Here's mine:

Q. How many lawyer jokes are there?
A. Just two, the rest are all true.

fisheyelens's photo
Fri 11/16/07 12:07 AM
Edited by fisheyelens on Fri 11/16/07 12:10 AM
My car is a '67 fastback, 289 2v, auto, deluxe interior. It was originally blue, then painted red, then blue again, then primer grey, now it's blue with Le Mans stripes (I've always wanted a car with stripes.) Hurricane Katrina destroyed the paint, but the body is still in great shape. No rust despite going underwater. There is a photo of it on my profile page just after the storm.

fisheyelens's photo
Thu 11/15/07 11:25 PM
I have two WoW accounts. One for me and one for my friend. It's a cheap way to spend time with him since he lives far away. I used to play Everquest and EQ2 when it launched, but quit after the first expansion.

fisheyelens's photo
Thu 11/15/07 11:20 PM
There isn't a car-talk area, so I'll stick there here in general. Is there anyone out there with a 1967 Mustang with parchment colored interior? I am changing mine over from black to parchment and I can't find photo's of one to see which parts are painted parchment and what's left black. If you have one, or access to one, please let me know. Mine is a fastback too, btw. Thanks in advance.

fisheyelens's photo
Thu 11/15/07 10:29 PM
Even if you aren't a gearhead, this show is good for everyone. It's on BBC America in the U.S.A., but a season behind.

fisheyelens's photo
Thu 11/15/07 10:16 PM
Bay St. Louis (what's left of it)