Community > Posts By > Littlefifi27

Littlefifi27's photo
Thu 08/04/11 08:02 PM

I've been doing this a long time, and what I've found is that anyone who tries to get you to use a Yahoo (or msn, hotmail, etc.) address to contact them right away is a scammer. End of story.

We have e-mail on this site, so there's no need for anyone (legitimate) to try to prod you into going off-site.

ask her just to email u on ere till u get to know her better :)

Littlefifi27's photo
Thu 08/04/11 07:57 PM
Why do we all feel the need to use dating sites as tools to reel potential partners or such like in?

Littlefifi27's photo
Thu 08/04/11 07:45 PM

look carefully at how a potential partner treats his family, particularly his mother as that is how he will treat you in the future. If your boyfriend is a family man, loves the home life and a close knit family it shows many good things about him - he is learning his values from his parents, he isn't out drinking and tearing up the town, isn;t dealing drugs cheating on you....he is in the company of the people who love him the most, and who he loves, and he will be there for you in the same way in the years to come.

try getting to konw his people, adn then after you have made some effort, talk gently with him about having more time alone together

in many families a couple does not spend a lot of time alone until they know each other for some while. this could be their tradition also

excellent summary, yes all this is very true, i just feel he is afraid of what is outside his family home.... this scares me as he will be 28 next year.

Littlefifi27's photo
Thu 08/04/11 07:29 PM

I have a father, just the same as his father.

He needs to tell his father to grow up. He is no longer a boy, he is a man! happy

finally some one who really understands the situation at hand. how do u deal with it?

Littlefifi27's photo
Thu 08/04/11 07:28 PM

any other ideas?

just an affirmation of what fearandloathing told you. Some people are born whiners (his father).

Blood is thicker than water and if you are unhappy now you shouldn't consider marrying him. As stated previously this will only stay with you, it is as it is, and you will be unhappily married.

Maybe you really should rethink and move on, it is hard and not right to split families. He would resent you for that. You seem nice looking, didn't read your profile, but at 27 you have plenty of time to choose a future partner.

y is everyones only solution (break up)

Littlefifi27's photo
Thu 08/04/11 07:27 PM

Leave him, for his sake.
Then he can find someone who can
appreciate a close-knit family.
Or love him anyway.

If my issue has come across that i am immature i am far from it. I deeply love him but i guess im the oldest in my family and he is the last in his so i do not have that attachment stigma that a last child would.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 09:29 PM
any other ideas?

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:57 PM

Generally, when something isn't working out for someone of importance (in this case, you) the person involved leaves the volatile situation...However, for the most part people are not this logical or aware, so they stay with the volatile situation for years thinking "oh, it will change when..." whatever happens, whatever never happens. Two miserable people are no better than the one who was miserable in the first place, if a situation does not feel right, or you are uncomfortable in any way with a situation...Leave the situation before it kills you.smokin

yeah u av a valid point indeed, are u speaking from experience?

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:45 PM

My boyfriend is super attached to his family, it annoys me so much ive stopped going there. making me want to split with him.
His father would wreck your head, always talking about crap and been so needy expecting my boyfriend to be there the whole time. My boyfriend appears to have no life with this.

Dump him, problem solved...Glad to help.smokin

explain?

Generally, when something isn't working out for someone of importance (in this case, you) the person involved leaves the volatile situation...However, for the most part people are not this logical or aware, so they stay with the volatile situation for years thinking "oh, it will change when..." whatever happens, whatever never happens. Two miserable people are no better than the one who was miserable in the first place, if a situation does not feel right, or you are uncomfortable in any way with a situation...Leave the situation before it kills you.smokin

yeah u av a valid point indeed, are u speaking from experience?

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:40 PM

My boyfriend is super attached to his family, it annoys me so much ive stopped going there. making me want to split with him.
His father would wreck your head, always talking about crap and been so needy expecting my boyfriend to be there the whole time. My boyfriend appears to have no life with this.

Dump him, problem solved...Glad to help.smokin

explain?

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:40 PM

Hmmm not sure that you can ever d3eal with this.

Basically family's like this stick together no matter what, you cannot seperate the son from the family its pretty much a part of him..

I have a family the same, they are a part of me, the same as my children are.. My children bring everyone home here, my daughter and her boyfrind are here all the time, if they want to camp over night they do, we are a part of their lives and they are a part of ours, my parents live in my building and my children are split between their home and mine as its all one.

Will I feel sorry for my childrens partners, yep for sure if they dont become a part of the family but at the moment all their friends call me mum and fit in with us. We really dont know any other way, some family's are just one big blob that sticks together and spends time with each other even if its just for an hour, we drop in unannounced stay for meals or camp over.

maybe you should just see if you can enjoy being a part of his family, but let him know that you would like to have your own time as well:smile:

yeah to be honest its actually like that, its just i feel exhaused when im there and akward at same time...

were only going out a year, were not married... so been there all the time is over whelming.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:36 PM

^That explain's much.^

u been sarcastic?

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:32 PM

I think you need to make "excuses" for him to take you elsewhere if you are really into him.

Otherwise you may have to move on.

yeah ive been trying that for past couple months stopped going der bout 4 months ago, his house is always too busy, we both live at home as the current recession is extremly bad ere in Ireland, so thats what crappy about it even more.

I don't know what to say. Perhaps he is thinking he can't make it in the recession and needs to stay close?

stay close to who?

at this stage, he is making me wanna move to oz. no joke.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:21 PM

I think you need to make "excuses" for him to take you elsewhere if you are really into him.

Otherwise you may have to move on.

yeah ive been trying that for past couple months stopped going der bout 4 months ago, his house is always too busy, we both live at home as the current recession is extremly bad ere in Ireland, so thats what crappy about it even more.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:11 PM
Edited by Littlefifi27 on Wed 08/03/11 08:17 PM

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:07 PM

forget him, tell your mom to call my mom so we can go out. my dad and my brother will drive us to the mall so we can hang out

sounds like the ideal situation alright.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:04 PM

god if only :) thats the perfect situation, hanging out at the mall... been a guy wudnt u hate that by the way?

Only if the mall had a strip club or golf course in it...:smile:

ha ha kul mall indeed.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:02 PM

what does his dad do? and how long have you guys been together? If it bothers you a lot you should talk to him about it, maybe u need some space from him

His dad is re-tired, yeah been together a year. at this stage, maybe full time space is needed.

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 08:01 PM

well his mother is grant actually she is kul, its his brother and dad which wreck my head, moaning if he goes out, moaning if he dosnt u cant win.

Ask him to come to your house more often. Or ask him to take you out.

That way he will get a sense of what independence is and you will get away from his family.

he does come to my house more often but that has kinda stopped, ive tried going away on weekends etc all was enjoyed but still all is reverted again :)

Littlefifi27's photo
Wed 08/03/11 07:59 PM
god if only :) thats the perfect situation, hanging out at the mall... been a guy wudnt u hate that by the way?