Community > Posts By > indianadave4

indianadave4's photo
Fri 04/27/18 08:08 PM
For the last three weeks my inbox has been receiving two to three "Hi" messages a day from what they claim are 20 to 30 something women. I'm 67 and my message age limit is 50 years old on the low end. I can only assume they're, either, looking for money or some guy(s), posing as women, trying to scam me.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 04/27/18 05:41 PM

we could use a few from there

As of May 9th DH is closing down. There could be a large number visiting.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 04/20/18 08:13 PM
Your area code says you're from Connecticut not from Gary Indiana.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 04/20/18 08:03 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Fri 04/20/18 08:05 PM
I've posted this before and I'll post it again: as divorced men and women age we trust the opposite gender less and less. I understand there are men only looking for a hookup. However, if your profile states, "if you're only looking for sex please move on", than it says to a man that you still have baggage that he doesn't want to deal with.

The type of jerk who will use your emotions against you will see that statement as vulnerability: a challenge. Use common sense when responding but remain positive.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 03/24/18 12:40 AM
1. 15 to 20 year old photos in their profile.
2. Photo has been Photoshop enhanced.
3. Not honest about age.
4. Not honest about weight.
5. Empty profile except the statement: "I love to laugh".

I'm sure this is true for both genders.

indianadave4's photo
Sun 11/19/17 09:45 PM

Simple really...wear high heels too.

Back in the mid 70's shoes called platforms were available for men. Made them look a few inches taller.

glasses

indianadave4's photo
Sun 11/19/17 09:43 PM
I guess it's ok for women to prefer taller men. When a man wants a woman who isn't robustly "Thick" women verbally assault him for being only interested in "LOOKs".

We all need to face reality that people (men and women) want to have some amount of physical attraction with their romantic partner.

indianadave4's photo
Tue 11/07/17 08:24 PM
Present and accounted for.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 11/06/17 07:36 PM
Maybe women shouldn't be so fast to crawl in bed?

Usual response: if I don't I can't get his attention!
Then he's a JERK.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 11/06/17 07:28 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Mon 11/06/17 07:30 PM

Why Women File 80 Percent of Divorces, 50 percent of marriages in the United States end in divorce. 87% of men cheat on women and only 45% of women cheat on men.

During and after the divorce I spent a lot of time on psychology and marriage counseling sites. Much to my surprise one statistic stood out:

Of 100 married men who had affairs, 90 of those affairs were with married women.

Most women would deny the above but it raises two points:

1. A few women are having a boat load of affairs with lots of men.

2. More women are having affairs but because the emphasis is always on men no one suspects them.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 10/30/17 08:52 PM

Younger guys are after a 50 + I don’t understand why ,,, but why not ? I can’t find an older guy that is healthy they all have high cholesterol , high glucose high blood pressure :grinning:

While having high glucose (diabetes) is understandable, high cholesterol and high blood pressure are treatable. High cholesterol and high blood pressure by themself are not a physical limiting factor. I'm being treated for both (have them under control) and have no limitations what so ever.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 10/30/17 08:38 PM
I never say never, however, there are a few things that come into play as barriers:

1. As men and women age (especially after a divorce) we trust the opposite sex less and less. Those who are young take their chances and find relationships much easier. We, who are older, play it safe by staying at home alone and just window shop on dating sites.

2. Our expectations seem to be written in stone.

3. We (men and women) tend to loose our confidence in our own appearance as we age so we hesitate to reach out to or respond to someone for fear of rejection.

After a recovery time after the divorce I registered on this dating site. There were a number of women who seemed interesting (photo's and profiles). I'd write one and give five to seven days for a response. It soon dawned on me that women (my age and geographical area) tend not to respond to messages. Having been here for a number of years I've read that most men on Mingle2 run into this same situation. So I've stopped looking and sending messages. I'm here for the forums.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 08/30/17 06:36 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Wed 08/30/17 06:36 PM

From my experience dating, every man has been loyal to me, so I have no trouble with mistrust. Why are so many having this problem?

A very good question. If a woman has never found an honest romance partner she may want to change where she looks for men.

indianadave4's photo
Tue 08/29/17 04:17 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Tue 08/29/17 04:19 PM
In May of 2014 I started dating a lady. Relationship only lasted five weeks. After a few weeks her explosive temper displayed itself. When I tried to talk with her about this she said "this is the way I am, you'll have to learn to live with it". She displayed this in public at a restaurant. I paid the bill, drove her home and said I don't have to put up with this. Of course, she told all of her friends and family what a jerk I was. They never heard the other side of the story so chalk up another "men are always the guilty party".

Women are not perfect either! But our society always believes that women are innocent and men are always the guilty parties.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 08/28/17 10:42 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Mon 08/28/17 10:47 PM

Absolutely false.

He was jailed for REFUSING to obey lawful orders by his legal superiors.

He was obeying federal immigration laws. The "judge" was in violation of those immigration laws in his "ruling".

So the question is which should be obeyed:

*The judge's decision which violated established federal law?
*Enforce laws mandated by the federal government?

In a case like this the judge was legislating from the bench which he has no right to do. He was issuing a judgement based on his political views rather than established federal law.

Unfortunately this has become the norm, which undermines the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 08/28/17 08:40 PM

I'm scared to trust again... I don't want to be :broken_heart:....

As men and women age they develop less and less trust in the opposite sex. This characteristic is perceptible as well. That's why fewer people respond to online messages.

Love requires each of us to "take a chance". If one is unwilling then they can be safe but no one will approach them.

We all say that we gain wisdom to protect ourself but this "wisdom" comes with a small amount of baggage that is not dating friendly. Those who are young take the chance. Those who are older will not.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 08/24/17 04:33 PM

i am disabled with degenerative disk disease and also degenerative S.I. disease.i walk with a cane and sometimes walk with a walker around my house.
it just hurts that men won,t accept me with my disability.i guess it takes a very special man to date and eventualy take care of her.

I've had several lower back degenerated discs, including a sacroiliac joint. Went to a reputable (local) neurosurgeon and had them fused. No longer a problem.

Living with the vertibrae pinching the root nerves will eventually lead to permenent nerve damage. Have you looked into having them taken care of?

indianadave4's photo
Sat 07/29/17 08:17 AM

Hello,
Looking for my last significant other. Hard to know who to trust. Leary now of meeting people. Seems sex often conflicts with just slowly getting to know someone decent. Whatever happened to old fashioned values?

Modern ethics and morals.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 07/29/17 07:37 AM
Edited by indianadave4 on Sat 07/29/17 08:03 AM
Do you have a Band-aid? Cos I just scraped my knee falling for you.

flowerforyou

Received this in a message a week ago.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 07/28/17 08:43 PM

As often I beg to differ with you tongue2
I agree you have to get to know each other to find out what works and what doesn't. Quite normal. But the chemistry should be there. Chemistry is not something you can learn to create. It is there or it is not.
I've learnt throughout life that kissing is a good way to tell if there is chemistry. And as such I wasn't surprised to learn that kissing (mixing saliva) is the first test to find out whether you two are a match to create healthy off-spring. So there's even a reason, and apparently scientifically proved, that kissing is a chemistry test, in both senses of the word.

Now let's say that chemistry isn't there when you touch, kiss etc. I seriously doubt that spending more time on getting to know each other is going to miraculously create that chemistry. It is there or it isn't.

And again, even if it is there, you still will need to explore the other's body, what they like and what not, what their body feels like. That's the fun part. But when there's chemistry, you are eager to do so, and enjoying it fully, because there IS chemistry. The chemistry drives you to want to find out. It gives you joy to please the other, and that way it helps you bond as a couple.

THe other way round, finding out how they work, what they like, without chemistry doesn't do the same thing. You won't really be eager because without the chemistry the drive to please them, to want to be close with them etc., simply isn't there. Nor will doing this create chemistry. If nothing else, it will only make you resistant towards the other. I know it works that way for me.

It's there or it isn't.

Agree.

What's interesting is that 50 years ago couples weren't so quick to jump in bed. There was hesitancy, especially on the woman's side.