Community > Posts By > ethan1100

ethan1100's photo
Sun 10/10/10 05:23 PM
Haha. If it was only that easy.

ethan1100's photo
Sun 10/10/10 05:16 PM
Not anymore. It feels like I'm just here.

ethan1100's photo
Sun 10/10/10 05:09 PM
Can somebody tell me the best way to get a girl off your mind? I feel weak and it is disturbing me.

ethan1100's photo
Sun 10/10/10 05:00 PM
Just really a general question. Is there really a god out there?

ethan1100's photo
Sat 10/09/10 10:21 AM
There was no doubt about this election. Obama recieved 53% of the popular vote, over 8 million more votes than mccain. Obama also won the electoral college 365 to 173.

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 10:57 PM
HOOYAH!!!

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 10:57 PM
Sorry about your grandmother. My prayers and thoughts are with her.

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:53 PM
Yeah. see, a true democracy is run by the people. People vote for everything and their are no seniors to look up to. We Have elected officials of whom we feel will put our problems into a long bill and most of the time it doesn't work out.

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:34 PM
Your fine. You should start posting more and within time you will find someone. Just remember to never ever quit.

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:29 PM
That's true and the mid-terms are very important this year because if republicans win the house then the dominant party will stop passing laws because demacrats already have the senate. I like it when the bills come to a hault. lol.

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:09 PM
Many people each presidential election seems to find the time to vote. Many people see the president as the country's icon and believe he holds a lot of power. The power mostly resides in Congress since they are the ones passing laws. When it comes down to mid-term elections only a third of the people vote who voted in the presidential election. Why is this?

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 12:20 AM
Manny beet Hatton pretty bad.

ethan1100's photo
Thu 10/07/10 12:09 AM
Yeah. The Texans suck and the Colts are going to pull on top of the division. Again.

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:40 PM
Can't we all just get along...haha

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:36 PM
Probably those small worms that get stuck in your brain.

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:20 PM
Haha... i woke them up man...i woke them up.

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:15 PM
Modern music sucks, and Frank Sinatra is pretty good. Al Hirt is good. I'm a total weirdo but yeah that's the stuff.

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:10 AM

got the backbone and the resolve you will do fine. You just got to get through hell before you get to heaven!
That's true forgot about the cold part. This training takes place in Coronado which is by San Diego. It is always between 40 and 80 degrees and it tends to be colder in the winter so i hope i do this in the summer. The worst part about it is that you will have your clothes on the whole time and your boots. At night they will make you jump right into ocean and they constanty make you get wet. And yes I definitely have to overcome my fear on the underwater swim. Drownproofing is what gets a lot of people too.

Ethan, were you not taught how to swim as a youngster?

My parents were drownproofing me and my brother at 6 months old, and making adjustments as we grew up.

Granted, things happen, but some of this should be fairly basic, even within the ocean.

Edit - Silly me, considering the news has to run a twice yearly how-to guide on how to get out if an ocean current snags you, perhaps I'm wrong.
This drownproofing is hell on ice for some people. It is taken place in a 9 feet deep pool and they tie your hands behind your back and they tie your feet together. You bob 5 minutes and then you stay afloat for 5 minutes and then you swim one-hundred meters and then they throw objects at the bottom of the pool and you have to go down and pick them up with your teeth. Then you bob for 5 more minutes, then it's over.

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 10:58 AM

The two things that are stressing me out the most is the 50 meter underwater swim (don't try this at home) and hell week. Hell week is about as nasty as you get. 5 and a half days with 4 hours of sleep if your lucky and they constantly work you. I think you end up running over a hundred miles in that week. You eat a meal every 6 hours and consume over 10,000 calories a day. Yeah a lot of food and i hear that people even go in there pants. This is the worst part and more people drop out that week than any other obstacle of training. The people that make it past that week almost always graduate from bud/s unless you get an injury. Still after that there are like 4 and a half months until graduation. The 50 meter underwater swim stresses me out because over half the trainees blackout before making it. I've never experienced that before.

Over half? They try to make you black out. it is more like EVERYONE going through this does black out in it. I mean they will push you until you do. the 50 meter is one of the stress tests they force you to endure because with extended operations underwater they want you to experience the physical trauma so you do not get yourself int a pickle on a mission. All you can do is face your fears. Fear is the one thing you need to get trained past.

You will be a seal with an attitude once you get past the training. Don't be surprised if you have to run at night completely buck azzed naked while they hose you down with cold water. Like I said, get ready to be cold and wet for a while. Heck, what marine Mountaineers suffer from in training is just as bad. I had cold weather training and it sucked. I hate the cold and I hate snow more. Unless you know how to make snowshoes on the fly snow will slow you down a lot and rob you of badly needed energy trying to navigate in it.

If you got the backbone and the resolve you will do fine. You just got to get through hell before you get to heaven!
That's true forgot about the cold part. This training takes place in Coronado which is by San Diego. It is always between 40 and 80 degrees and it tends to be colder in the winter so i hope i do this in the summer. The worst part about it is that you will have your clothes on the whole time and your boots. At night they will make you jump right into ocean and they constanty make you get wet. And yes I definitely have to overcome my fear on the underwater swim. Drownproofing is what gets a lot of people too.

ethan1100's photo
Wed 10/06/10 10:13 AM
The two things that are stressing me out the most is the 50 meter underwater swim (don't try this at home) and hell week. Hell week is about as nasty as you get. 5 and a half days with 4 hours of sleep if your lucky and they constantly work you. I think you end up running over a hundred miles in that week. You eat a meal every 6 hours and consume over 10,000 calories a day. Yeah a lot of food and i hear that people even go in there pants. This is the worst part and more people drop out that week than any other obstacle of training. The people that make it past that week almost always graduate from bud/s unless you get an injury. Still after that there are like 4 and a half months until graduation. The 50 meter underwater swim stresses me out because over half the trainees blackout before making it. I've never experienced that before.