Community > Posts By > lookin4home

lookin4home's photo
Mon 06/13/11 02:46 PM
Rape is a strong word. Being accused of any sort of rape gives you a stigma, weather you are found guilty or not.

IMO it comes down to the judge of the case at hand. Laws are a platform of right and wrong and it's up to our judges to rule on weather your case requires punishment for wrong doing. This is where the problem exist. How many laws do you see as black and white? How many times have you heard of someone being arrested for a crime and automatically assumed they were guilty? It seems to me, lately, innocent until proven guilty has flown out the window. People seem to base their judgment on face value and not the true circumstances of the case at hand.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 06/13/11 12:42 PM
I found Drew's profile hilarious, just saying. To me the question depends on if you mean overweight litterally. If you are overweight, I think you can pull it off with the right woman and so on. I would think once you reached obesity your chances would dwindle to almost nothing.

Attraction has to be there in a relationship or else you just call it a friendship. If you are strictly looking for slender gals then you are limiting your field, but if that's the field you want to play in, go for it. This is a crazy world, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

I'm a big guy, even at my recomended weight I could never be considered skinny, it's just my build. I'm 6ft 210 and people think I'm 6'3 and 250, something about my build makes me look bigger than I am. I could see that being a problem for women with a similar build.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 06/13/11 11:16 AM
I prefer the blonde, but I tend to be bias when it comes to hair color.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 12:51 PM

Handing someone a gun doesn't mean they will go kill someone. Even if they did push drugs into inner cities, the people are still responsible for what happened and what is still happening. There is so much drug abuse around the country from all walks of life, it makes it hard for me to believe inner cities were targeted.

I could see the gov pushing drugs into inner cities but I don't think thats exactly how it happened. For poor people drugs bring 2 things they feel they cannot get without them, relief and money. When life sucks we want an escape and drugs provide that to an extent and we all know there is a lot of money to be made in selling drugs. That is why I think inner cities became a drug capital, fast easy money and relief from the stress of being poor. The introduction of crack is where it took off. I believe that was the first cheap, very addictive, and easy to make drug. It has stayed in the inner city because it is cheap, people with money will just buy cocaine. Drugs bring money, money brings power, power brings corruption. It comes down to money being the root of all evil to me. They brought it in themselves for the money, and when the money came, hell broke loose.

But dig this, man. Basic economics. Supply AND demand. It's a 2-way street. Introduce China white into an affluent suburb.....and guess what happens?

I don't think they would start murdering each other over it. They would abuse it, but they wouldn't try making a business of it since they have easier legal ways of making money.
But the addiction creates the demand, see? It's not all about the money . It's about feeding a need too......

I think I see what you are getting at now. A vicious cycle kind of thing?

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 12:45 PM

I've discussed this before in another thread. Yes! It's no accident. Addiction is just another form of control. Who else does the govt. want to control more than the poor? Uh.....that's right. I said it....... It's a way to distract people from actually thinking or organizing anything.......

oh sorry, it keeps coming up in my prison thread, so i moved this to another topic...aside from that...

How do you feel about METH LABS, they seem to be popping up everywhere. is this something that originally spawned from trailor parks and have moved into high end cul de sacs, (suburbs) and what not?

I think meth didnt necessarily span from trailer parks, I think its only becoming more POPULAR and more RECOGNIZED, but I dont think it began as a poor persons drug because it comes from a PRESCRIPTION medication that treats 'illnesses' that are probably more often treated in middle to upper class communities, ,,

particularly 'depression'

It doesn't have to be prescription. It just has to have ephedrine, that's why they put an age and quantiy restriction on things like Sudafed. Ephedrine is usually found in congestion medication or diet pills. It's only occationally used for depression but not long term.

A major problem is that Mexico is getting into meth production and they are smuggling large amounts of ephedrine into Mexico from China and mass producing.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 12:19 PM

Handing someone a gun doesn't mean they will go kill someone. Even if they did push drugs into inner cities, the people are still responsible for what happened and what is still happening. There is so much drug abuse around the country from all walks of life, it makes it hard for me to believe inner cities were targeted.

I could see the gov pushing drugs into inner cities but I don't think thats exactly how it happened. For poor people drugs bring 2 things they feel they cannot get without them, relief and money. When life sucks we want an escape and drugs provide that to an extent and we all know there is a lot of money to be made in selling drugs. That is why I think inner cities became a drug capital, fast easy money and relief from the stress of being poor. The introduction of crack is where it took off. I believe that was the first cheap, very addictive, and easy to make drug. It has stayed in the inner city because it is cheap, people with money will just buy cocaine. Drugs bring money, money brings power, power brings corruption. It comes down to money being the root of all evil to me. They brought it in themselves for the money, and when the money came, hell broke loose.

But dig this, man. Basic economics. Supply AND demand. It's a 2-way street. Introduce China white into an affluent suburb.....and guess what happens?

I don't think they would start murdering each other over it. They would abuse it, but they wouldn't try making a business of it since they have easier legal ways of making money.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 10:59 AM

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 09:38 AM
What drugs are you speaking of specifically?

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 08:52 AM

Once....back in the day....(I used to be addicted to Addreall for 6 years) I read both The Great Gatsby AND Catcher In The Rye in one sitting..........

smokin

I hate Addreall, spent 8hrs drawing a picture of Big Foot as a pro wrestler when I first tried it in college. Hell of a study tool though.
I hate to admit it....but I was seriously addicted. Do that stuff for 6 years and then quit.....yr brain is just totally wrung out. I haven't touched that stuff in years. Felt completely burned out for 6 months after I quit....... I took enough on a daily basis to push an elephant through a 4 minute mile........ Stayed up 5-6 days a pop. Never ate..... Glad that's over....... Bad news.......

My friend, the person that gave it to me, was like that. He had been prescribed a long time ago and his abuse of it got worse and worse as he got older. I never liked it, but that was because I was into downers. I thought I was going to die when I came off oxycontin. Once you cross that line with drugs, it's hell getting back. Definitely glad it's over.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 08:32 AM

Once....back in the day....(I used to be addicted to Addreall for 6 years) I read both The Great Gatsby AND Catcher In The Rye in one sitting..........

smokin

I hate Addreall, spent 8hrs drawing a picture of Big Foot as a pro wrestler when I first tried it in college. Hell of a study tool though.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 06/09/11 07:18 AM

a wise man once said.....

concern yourself with your character rather than your reputation
your character is who you are, your reputation is what others
think of you

Do you have a reputation?
Do you care?

I have quite a reputation in my town. It's a small town where basically everyone knows everyone. I wish I could say I didn't care but around here with the right reputation you can get away with murder or be denied service anywhere but Wal-Mart. I don't have the best reputation, but it does have its perks.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 02:41 PM

The geometry of the no-boundary universe would be similar to the geometry of the surface of a sphere, except it would have four dimensions instead of two. You can travel completely around Earth’s surface, for instance, without ever running into an edge. In this analogy, unfolding in imaginary time, Earth’s North Pole represents the Big Bang, marking the start of the universe. (But just as the North Pole is not a singularity, neither is the Big Bang).

I can only assume they mean it's like we live on the universe instead of in the universe? In the same way we live on the earth so there are no boundaries, where as, if we lived in the earth there would be.

That is just what I am grasping from it.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 02:09 PM
Everclear - Father of Mine, says it all in the song
George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone, I claimed that as my theme song when I was a kid. I'd put on my "Terminator" sunglasses, grab my broom guitar and spike my hair, just to rock out to that song in my underwear.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 01:39 PM
Since Republicans and Democrats work "together" in the Gov., shouldn't we be blaming them equally for where we have gotten today?

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 12:59 PM

Y is it so hard 2 find a good and honest person these days?
Seems like anytime u start 2 get attached 2 someone these days they end up hurting u.... just sayin, seems easier just 2 stay single

I'm confused by the many versions of the word "real" used on the internet. Does that mean a "real" living person? Someone who doesn't play games? Someone who is just themselves? Someone who is honest?

Being your "real" self can mean you like to lie and play games. Does that still make you "real"?
It is all so conflicting.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 12:27 PM

When I'm doing the biz thing I'm very social but as soon as I'm out of there I'm very private and alone.

I have a question for you guys. Do you spend more time with people or on-line here?

I spend much more time conversing here than with anyone else socially. I would never share in public what I share here. Is it the same for any of you?

I sit behind a computer at work, that is usually when I'm online. When I get home I typically head to a friends house or have someone over. I'd say it's about even for me, I don't talk to many people here or in my social life.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 11:00 AM
I am the kind of person who needs my alone time. Once a day, hell sometimes the whole day, I just want to be by myself and not talk to anyone.
My brother is the complete opposite. He can't stand to be by himself and is always looking for someone to hang out with or anything else to feel like he isn't by himself.

Which is your preference? Do you need to be by yourself occasionally or would you prefer to never be alone?

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 09:45 AM
The first was sent about 24hrs ago, I was hoping it would show up next time I got on but when I got on again I had another mystery msg from the same person. It doesnt even say I have new mail next to the Mail tab, it only shows up on the recent activity.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 09:05 AM
Enjoyed it. I wrote backwards til they finally worked it out of me, but it was easier to read since my letters were backwards also lol.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 06/08/11 08:25 AM
In my recent activity it shows 2 msgs from the same person were sent, but I have nothing new in my Inbox from them. Very confused.