Community > Posts By > phileksa

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 04:57 AM
My refurbished computer doesn't have a PS/2 port anywhere on it. Oddly, after poor luck trying to find a decent keyboard for the machine, I ordered a relic.

When new, this keyboard cost over $100.00, and believe me, it was well worth it. It truly is a cadillac of computer keyboards.

After fifteen years, the keyboard still works and is in excellent condition. But it's PS/2 cable was not only incompatible with the machine, but the keyboard also needed an "active" PS/2 to USB Dongle. After some research, I found the correct part and ordered it.

The keyboard is an old I.B.M. PS/2 "Clicky" Keyboard. It's design was originally used on the I.B.M. PC Keyboard {which also still work well, even after thirty years, although they have a peculiar layout}, so you know it's good.

Ironically, I.B.M. stopped making those keyboards because nobody was buying them. Complaints about the keyboard included cost and noise. Each time you press a key, the keyboard makes a distinctive "click" noise, the result of a spring under the key flexing to press a rocker in to the sensor on the board below. No one has ever made a keyboard nearly as nice since.

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 04:35 AM

This has both songs in it that can make this hardend man cry.

Amazing Grace with Taps at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1FvlPakkU

"Amazing Grace" is a horrid song, right up there with that song that keeps talked about how you're "washed clean with the blood of the lamb." How can anyone listen to such rubbish and not shudder?

The saddest song ever is Assemblage23's "30KFT." If you find it online, and think the song was cut off, it probably wasn't. The plane the guy was on crashed ... and that makes it all the sadder. Just thinking about it makes me cry uncontrollably.

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 04:26 AM
XP8 - Escape Velocity

"We can't reach Escape Velocity! It's not just kinetic energy. They can't see the f***ing gravity of why we can't reach escape velocity!"

Ooooh ... it changed to Linkin Park's "Ppr:Kut (Cheapshot & Jubacca ft.Rasco & Planet Asia)"

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 04:20 AM

Well my opinion is you should take time for yourself before dating again. It just shows that you are needy. You need time to find your identity again. So much of who we are has to do with who we were with. Rebounds never last. We don't want to admit it...but some of us just don't like to be alone...so we jump right back into the fire again. When you stop thinking about your ex then its time to mingle.

I'm still angry at my ex from nine years ago.

There's a song by a band called Combichrist that describes that ex perfectly. It's called "Lying Sack of S***." You ought to listen to it sometime.

I can never forgive my ex for what they did. It seriously was an ultimate sin.

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 04:12 AM
Edited by phileksa on Wed 07/21/10 04:18 AM
I see a lot of cynicism on this thread. While cynicism is good, it is sad that most of the people expressing the cynicism probably have not properly applied it to their lives.

After all, how many of ya'll who say dating a separated person is a bad idea have an invisible sky daddy and believe a cosmic jewish zombie who was his own father hung himself from a tree to save you because a snake told a rib-woman to eat a fruit from a magical tree? That makes no sense at all, but it's amazing how many people actually believe it.

Here's how you make this work. You start talking to the person who's separated. You get to know who they are, get to know them as a person. If they make you happy enough, then you might consider taking the chance and jump off the deep end. If they don't make you happy enough to overcome your insecurities, then don't bother jumping off the deep end.

The simple fact of the matter is you won't know unless you try. You won't know if he's working on his divorce, and will get it, that it's just a matter of time, unless you actually go for it.

I understand you've probably been hurt before. I know I certainly have.

Maybe I'm stupid or something. But at least I don't hold any fairy tales near and dear. :)

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 03:51 AM

Once you go Mac. it's hard to go back.

Windows 7 is extremely fast, I'll give it that much. It works great for our most demanding programs, but it still has it's kinks, since the software is still so new.

If you want a real computer and a real easy to use OS, though, you'd try Ubuntu. It's uber easy to use, and is very stable. It also offers security options only dreamed of in Windows and Mac.

phileksa's photo
Wed 07/21/10 03:16 AM

:smile:Long-term relationships need a lot of what?:smile:Laughter, compromise, sex, or respect?:smile:

Well, first, the person you are trying to be with has to make you happy, and they have to make an effort to make you happy. If they make you happy, then you need to make an effort to make them happy. As long as you're both trying to make the other happy because, well, you make each other happy, you're good.

It's not always easy, but it is worth it!