Community > Posts By > vin201745

vin201745's photo
Sun 12/31/17 01:38 PM
whoever created the remote control for a tv.
They didnt really need it!
But it made life easier!!!

Does free time inspire innovation Tom. ?
Usually if i get innovative it is in response to some problem im trying to solve?

vin201745's photo
Sun 12/31/17 01:32 PM
I do think Ms Harmony that to a slight extent it may be happening already.
Most of what we need to do is just run the mill stuff. And robotic atomation is superb to serve humans and make life easier in that sense.
I think there is a parodox as well Ms.Harmony. There was a saying ' Necessity is the mother o invention.'
But i think that s not true. Mostly i think t is laziness that can spawn inventive ideas!

vin201745's photo
Sun 12/31/17 10:36 AM
This is a wonderfully thought provoking discussion. I am convinced that if a perfected automation is invented that can automate almost all living tasks, this is as far as it can ever get.
Artificial intelligence will never replace intelligence. But if we get automation over a long period will humans become lazy?

May we become less fit to assert real intelligence when it is required?

vin201745's photo
Fri 12/08/17 04:42 PM
I started this topic . Partly because I otherwise know and like some of the people who contribute here a lot.
I am not even a parent. I have no son or daughter in the world and at this stage probably never will have.
I decided to read all the replies. I think I'm in good company here. For all bar a single one were considered , balanced and very thought provoking, each in their way.:wink:

vin201745's photo
Wed 12/06/17 11:51 PM
Edited by vin201745 on Wed 12/06/17 11:54 PM
I think your proposition is self evidently not true Jay. Lots of sex without love out also.

vin201745's photo
Wed 12/06/17 07:20 AM
Maybe it happens often. Maybe not. But maybe the hunt is fun.lol maybe.
Yeah there are lots of bulls hits here and everywhere.
I think we have all met the scams. Let them. Just ignore sad little scroungers. Block button.
And you can still have a bit of fun . Maybe more. Maybe not.

vin201745's photo
Wed 12/06/17 06:53 AM
I think it matters. No necessarily that a kid has both parents active. I think it matters especially for boys that they have some type of male role models in their lives.
It could be a male teacher. Someone who is able to give a reasonably good example of an honourable decent adult male.
Is it that sometimes the only role models some young lads have happen to be bums?

vin201745's photo
Sun 12/03/17 03:15 PM
I am not a father. I wondering though. Maybe you need a female friend. Not a date?

vin201745's photo
Sun 12/03/17 03:08 PM
This is a rather provocative topic. We may as well make a topic that can come different ways on! But hang. Just till I make my pitch!
Single parent households are on the up and up. Schools are staffed largely by female teachers. There are a lot of young guys growing up with really no male role models.
I'm right. Aren't I?
Does this matter?