Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Thu 12/08/22 05:10 AM
It's the misuse and manipulation of religion that's used to justify these things.
Just because you provide a service or sell an item to a person doesn't mean you endorse their lifestyle. It's not stopping you from sharing your religion it's not forcing you to accept a belief. Your simply just following laws.

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 08:44 PM
Another Big year

HIG

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 08:40 PM
Oh come oh come Emmanuel

https://youtu.be/OvzfGfOIUa8

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 01:49 PM
Tom Selleck

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 01:05 PM

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 12:36 PM
Is Blondey right, Vibes?

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 12:27 PM

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 12:25 PM

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 12:22 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 12/07/22 12:24 PM
Gingerbread (yuck)

@merry we all know you're not just dancing under that mistletoe!

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 11:43 AM

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 11:41 AM
Nah

What about you again, Vibes?

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 10:59 AM

cause i like hugs.

A tight hug with what follows to the realcarebear

Maybe I wouldn't let go....

no photo
Wed 12/07/22 09:36 AM

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 07:33 PM
biggrin

Storm

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 07:13 PM
Just because you post a sign or make a statement up front doesn't excuse you from federal/state laws. You can refuse service to anyone but thanks to anti discrimination laws you can't for any old reason. Doing so makes you vulnerable unfortunately.

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 07:10 PM
Telling your favorite Christmas memories to the little ones.

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 06:37 PM
larsi then?

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 06:34 PM

It's discrimination. If you're going to open a business you need to educate yourself on federal, state and local laws.

Like the 1st Amendment? 7 rights in that one alone.

Let me ask a question. Would you be alright with it, if a government authority forced you to do something that violates your own beliefs? Whatever those may be?

Business owners should have the right to refuse service for any reason.

What if the client wanted them to promote genocide? How about indentured servitude? Racism against any group? All of those are appalling, right?

In my office is a sign stating β€œWe reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.” It’s my business and I have the ability and right to say NO. I don’t have to accept all people with whatever ideas, who walk through my door. It’s also called discretion and/or discernment.

Creative Service businesses do not sell a physical product like retail does. We create IP, which involves a contract. A mutual agreement to provide services for compensation. If one side breeches the contract, it becomes void, and one or the other party can try to litigate. If we cannot negotiate the terms of the contract to be mutual, then there is no agreement and neither party can sue. It’s that whole signature part at the end.

IMO this case should have never gone all the way up to SCOTUS. As there was obviously no mutual agreement in place. Just hurt feelings of a protected victim class vying for recognition of leveraging a new law. Why couldn’t they find another web designer that didn’t have a problem with their content? Is the creative person the only one in Colorado that does this type of work? Not hardly. But being rational does not make controversy or headlines.

I could not have said it any better then this~~

But~~~most are going on what is within the first post. At times now one has to really take in consideration how that person Advertised their Business. And see that just maybe the lawsuit could have been done under false pretense.. Thinking they had a closed case due to they knew the business would refuse them..

Here is a link to the Web Designer's side of the story and well at this time Congress is seeing her side~~

You will see that she even advertised that she will not create websites that go against her Religious Beliefs..

So tell me again why a gay couple would even want a business to represent them, when they know they do not accept their lifestyle??

https://www.businessinsider.com/supreme-court-hears-challenge-from-designer-who-opposes-creating-same-sex-wedding-sites-2022-12

The 38-year-old is the owner of 303 Creative, a Denver-based graphic design firm that she's been running for more than a decade. Smith highlights her faith on her website and emphasizes that she avoids communicating messages that are "inconsistent with her religious beliefs."

...looks like someone saw an opporitunity.

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 05:59 PM
cause i like hugs.

no photo
Tue 12/06/22 05:55 PM
relaxing after tearing into christmas gifts