Tritorium_Theory's photo
Fri 02/01/13 12:42 PM
I used to be a manager for a paranormal investigation group and was responsible for environmental readings and capturing EVP recordings.

For investigations I used to take an old analogue tape recorder (Feric C90 type II) and a digital audio recorder and have them placed in the same room to test if they captured anything simultaneously on both devices. I never got a result where they had the same recordings, but I think that was in part due to the filtering for the digital audio recorder, which ignored lots of background noise and so effectively could have blocked out sounds that appeared on the tape recordings.

During some investigations that were in the middle of nowhere and not near energy pylons or anything like that we had a few class B recordings and a handful of class A recordings as well. What made these recordings interesting is that when the audio recordings were played back, there were voices from people that weren't with the team at the time and appeared to be in direct response to what some of the other team members were talking about.

Who knows what the cause of EVP's is, I'm still not sure after all the investigations and such that I've been on. I think some of it may well be to do with radio bleeding but that wont account for all it.

One thing I will say though, is that it is somewhat unnerving when you are listening back to recordings and find strange noises or voices that are talking back in direct response to what people were saying at the time. Sometimes I think we will never know all the answers, but at least it's interesting looking for them, and it makes us think about the bigger picture.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Thu 01/31/13 01:10 PM
Thank you for the feedback, I have added a bit more information now to my profile.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Tue 01/29/13 05:28 PM
Hi everyone can I get some feedback for my profile, maybe get a few tips on how to improve it as well. I'll be adding up a few more photos soon as well but for the moment I'm just interested in how the rest of my profile looks.

Thanks in advance! :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Tue 01/29/13 05:21 PM
The only thing I would recommend would be to rotate that photo around to that it's up the right way. lol
I think a 7 sounds about right, maybe 8.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Tue 01/29/13 05:12 PM
That would be good with a little more information about you on your profile. Something that gives the reader more of a sense of what makes you tick and motivates you. It might help to add what kind of people you are looking to make friends with as well.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Tue 01/29/13 05:05 PM
I agree with Texas there, that profile could do with a lot more information in it. Other than checking spelling and grammar, you should be good to go. :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Tue 01/29/13 05:02 PM
That amount of profile information looks just about right I would say. I like to read so anything more than a few lines is good with me. It gives a good bit of info about what you like to do, and the main picture is good and clear.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Tue 01/29/13 04:57 PM
That's a good profile, very strong and clear, and it has a good photo with a nice smile. The only thing I would say that maybe needs to be balanced is that it comes across as a little too formal.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sun 07/08/12 03:30 PM
Welcome, and good luck finding someone you like :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sun 07/08/12 10:02 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 05:38 PM
Hi,

I'm currently a full time student slowly working towards university in computing and software engineering. I don't drive so someone close would be preferable. I don't want kids (at least not for the foreseeable future) so if this sounds like you please say hi :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 05:25 PM
I used to work with a paranormal investigation team collecting environmental data readings, setting up lock up areas and recording EVP and the like.
When I was younger I witnessed some things which I couldn't explain, so I'm on the fence, I know there is something there, but I'm not sure what. So my goal over the last few years has been to try and capture concrete evidence of life after death. During one such investigation, we had the mediums call out and ask for contact to be made, nothing was sensed or detected by equipment at the time. However when we got back and I was listening back to the EVP tape recordings, there was an unidentified voice there that wasn't heard at the time. It was being responsive to some of the things that were being said yet no one heard it at the time. Strange...Then there is the photo I took where it looks like mysterious faces are appearing out of nowhere on an investigation.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:56 PM
I only ever really used internet explorer once, and that was to download firefox. IE has too many security issues, doesn't always format the web pages properly and sometimes comes up with errors if the syntax isn't properly recognized.

Google chrome is fast at some things, but only searches and sites that are popular and looked at in a regular capacity. If you are browsing things and sites that are less than popular it tends to take a little while longer for chrome to load everything up.

IE just sucks period. No argument there. For the best all round performance, stability and compatibility, I would recommend firefox all the way. Plus as a bonus it can be used on Linux powered systems. Double bonus. Another blow dealt to M$ woohoo!

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:37 PM
I recently converted to the ways of Linux Ubuntu and found it quite refreshing. Some of the software on it brings about a big of a culture shock when you find yourself working without a GUI. Still getting to grips rips the CLI functions, but I prefer it over Windows any day. Much safer and more reliable, the system has never once crashed. It responds so much faster as well. As I get more experienced with Ubuntu I will probably start looking at other versions, maybe even Redhat one day :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:28 PM
If your initial system files are damaged you wont be able to get a system image of Vista without looking around for quite a while, which will take a considerable amount of time.

Do any of your friends have a copy which you can borrow and install? Is the software that you are running absolutely necessary?

I had a desktop computer which had Vista natively installed on the system with on board system recovery. However part of my course requires me to experiment with different OS systems, so I installed a copy of Linux Ubuntu onto the desktop, which is free and has lots of support on the forums if you get stuck.

To summarize, if you absolutely have to have a replacement copy of Vista, either borrow a copy from a friend or use a torrent, though the latter is not recommended. What happened to the original installation disk?

If you can live without some of the Windows software, then switch over to Linux Ubuntu, the OS and all supporting software is free, so you don't have to worry about straining your current budgets. If you need compatibility with Windows software there is also the WINE emulator.

Hope that helps..

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:19 PM
Hi, can I get some feedback on how I can improve my profile, with marking going on a 1 - 10 scale (1 worst 10 best) as well as some ratings on the photo? Thanks in advance. ^^

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:16 PM
8/10 photos are nice, but the first one is a little dark and the second one is a little bit too far away from the camera. Closer to the camera, and a good light source would be great additions. :)

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:13 PM
Nice profile, 8/10 only thing that might be missing is some information in the basic about me section.

Tritorium_Theory's photo
Sat 07/07/12 04:08 PM
Edited by Tritorium_Theory on Sat 07/07/12 04:09 PM
Hello, I'm relatively new and just looking around to see what's here. I joined a while ago but then forgot about the site, so now I'm back again for good lol. I'm 28 and from the South East UK. :)