Community > Posts By > GG2

GG2's photo
Wed 04/27/11 08:25 PM
"No man knoweth the hour; not even our Lord Jesus Christ".

Anyone on here ever heard of the Bible? You'll find the answer in there. Or is this site for "Agnostics"?

GG2's photo
Wed 04/27/11 08:25 PM
Edited by GG2 on Wed 04/27/11 08:28 PM

GG2's photo
Wed 04/27/11 07:53 PM
It took Donald Trump to get the long-form birth certificate shown LOL. Idiot Obama must be worried about competition come the elections. Of course, that was about the only task Obama is capable of doing anyways. No biggie. He's still a closet Muslim.

GG2's photo
Tue 04/26/11 05:44 PM
And they will soon find out that dad wanted mom dead so he's pinning it on the kid. Loser society.

GG2's photo
Sun 04/24/11 10:02 PM
Actually they DID used to govern, now they're merely snobs on welfare.

GG2's photo
Fri 02/18/11 09:33 PM
EUGENE, Ore.-- A DHS case worker and a school guidance counselor took to the stand Tuesday to testify about the abuse Jeanette Maples suffered at the hands of her own mother. Cascade Middle Schoo employees filed 3 reports with the Oregon Department of Human Services between 2006 and 2007 A DHS caseworker then interviewed both Jeanette, her younger sister and her parents, Angela and Richard McAnulty, before she closed the case coding it unable to determine if there was abuse in the home It was a note Jeanette Maples passed her 6th grade teacher that put guidance counselor Jennifer Smyly on alert"She told me she was always hungry, wasn't allowed to eat, that for unishment she had to put her nose to the wall and bend on her knees punishment she had to put her nose to the wall and bend on her knees for 2 and a half hours," said Smyly After talking with Jeanette multiple times, Smyly filed her first DHS report in April 2006"The first report consisted of Jeanette reporting that she was always hungry," said Smyly. "On one occasion I remember Jeanette telling me she had to eat a pepper and vomited and then had to eat that, her own vomit. A second report was filed, that's when DHS case worker, Sandra Alberts stepped in"She talked about discipline in the home being that she wasn't allowed dinner, the last time she ate dinner was 2 weeks ago," said Alberts According to Alberts, Jeanette worried her mom would find out she'd been talking to school officials. And lied to Alberts about her mom's work schedule, so Alberts wouldn't talk with her mom. But when Alberts visited Angela McAnulty, she heard a completely different story"Their kitchen was full of fresh fruit and food," said Alberts Angela painted a different picture of Jeanette, according to Alberts McAnulty reported that Jeanette was a really sweet girl but had some ssues with telling the truth. In an interview with Jeanette's younger sister, Angela seemed a fair parent"Patience says they have to stand in the corner for a 20 minute period of time, and Jeanette had the same discipline as her," said Alberts But Jeanette was embarrassed about the bruises and cuts on her body and stopped dressing for gym class"I asked her why she didn't want to dress down like the rest of the kids she told me her knees were ashy," said Alberts Even though it was an abusive relationship, Jeanette often covered for her mom, telling Smyly that her mom was psycho but she loved her A third report was filed the next year after Jeanette came to school with a bruised lip , but by that time DHS had already closed the case"I closed it coding it as unable to determine, it means that the abuse could possibly have happened or be happening but there's conflicting nformation to corroborate," said Alberts"Angela convinced DHS workers, Jeanette was lying," said Smyly In May 2006 the DHS case worker told Angela and Richard McAnulty and Cascade Middle School administrators that the case was closed. DHS didn't make any follow-up visits to the McAnulty home or to interview Jeanette afterwards.

GG2's photo
Mon 02/14/11 03:41 PM

I wish americans (whatever label is imposed upon their beliefs) would understand ECONOMY AND MATH

EVEN IF EVERY JOB OPENING WERE FILLED, people would be left with no job as there is nearly a six to one ratio of those seeking work and work which is available

add to that that those who apply to a job generally have skill sets in the range of THAT JOBS duties so they are less likely to be hired if they have no history in that field

so , yes, even when people apply to mcdonalds, the most likely to be hired are those who are just out of school or who have already worked in fast food

I guess people havent heard of the term 'overqualified', because so many people still seem to think its as easy as just 'getting' a job as opposed to 'qualifying' and 'competing' for a position which you have the skills and/or experience to fulfill

Its a sickening attitude to me that thinks people are without work strictly out of laziness or less of a desire to work than others,,,

We know what "overqualified" is. I applied for jobs which they told me I was overqualified for. Didn't stop me from going to the interview. Anyone who truly wants to work can. That's all there is to it. I'm sorry my attitude sickens you. But you must realize that with EOE you would stand a better chance of landing a state or fedxeral job before myself, even if I had more experience. That's why you can say what you're saying. Not being racist here msharmony, just being honest.

perhaps not racist , but honest isnt always accurate either, someones honest 'opinion' is often not backed up by FACTS

and most people are woefully underinformed about EOE and AA and thats why they ASSUME that its about discrimination instead of about FIGHTING discrimination

with EOE, I wouldnt stand a better chance at a job you were more 'QUALIFED' for because employers get to define what QUALIFICATIONS are important to them and hire accordingly

but they CANT use race or gender to determine such qualification

I say this because I grew up in an EOE home (my mother was an EEO Officer) and made very aware of what those things are and arent and because I STUDIED a little economy in high school which explained that the economy was not and is not set up for EVERYONE to be able to work

It's true that not everyone can be employed at once by someone else's company, everyone can be employed. Those who are unemployable by a company for some reason can be self-employed, a free lancer/contractor, etc. (granted there is a VERY small part of the population that is simply unemployable for some reason or another)

thats true, but even that usually takes some INVESTMENT which most dont have

I have ideas for inventions, I need to invest in the research and development(need money)

I have a book, I need to get someone to publish it (need money or to 'know' people)

I am administrative/clerical and have been out of 'work' for a year and a half,, worked since I was 18, TWENTY YEARS(because Im not lazy) and this has been the worst dry spell I could ever imagine

just irks me to hear people fortunate enough to find an employer putting others down for not finding work(as if they arent trying)

or how my minority status gives me some privilege (PUH LEASE)

I just found a position with someone(thank God), A YEAR AND A HALF

people should count their blessings and stop fooling themself into thinking its all about how deserving they are of them

Oh well you have your thoughts and I have mine. If I feel deserving its because I am. After busting my butt since 18, taking initiative and learning, yes I AM deserving.

and I feel EXACTLY the same way, IN fact I think everyone who tries is deserving but not all are FORTUNATE, even when they are trying

I am deserving because I try hard, even AFTER I lost my job and couldnt find another for a year and a half, those other EIGHTEEN that I worked and educated myself while paying taxes to this country make me as deserving a citizen as anyone else, and now that I have been through this unbelievable downturn in employment, I understand that I happen to also be FORTUNATE because millions of equally deserving people still are not employed,,

flowerforyou

I'm glad that you realize that YOU are deserving also MsHarmony. If you and I can do it then why can't others? There is no stopping determined people.

GG2's photo
Mon 02/14/11 08:57 AM

I wish americans (whatever label is imposed upon their beliefs) would understand ECONOMY AND MATH

EVEN IF EVERY JOB OPENING WERE FILLED, people would be left with no job as there is nearly a six to one ratio of those seeking work and work which is available

add to that that those who apply to a job generally have skill sets in the range of THAT JOBS duties so they are less likely to be hired if they have no history in that field

so , yes, even when people apply to mcdonalds, the most likely to be hired are those who are just out of school or who have already worked in fast food

I guess people havent heard of the term 'overqualified', because so many people still seem to think its as easy as just 'getting' a job as opposed to 'qualifying' and 'competing' for a position which you have the skills and/or experience to fulfill

Its a sickening attitude to me that thinks people are without work strictly out of laziness or less of a desire to work than others,,,

We know what "overqualified" is. I applied for jobs which they told me I was overqualified for. Didn't stop me from going to the interview. Anyone who truly wants to work can. That's all there is to it. I'm sorry my attitude sickens you. But you must realize that with EOE you would stand a better chance of landing a state or fedxeral job before myself, even if I had more experience. That's why you can say what you're saying. Not being racist here msharmony, just being honest.

perhaps not racist , but honest isnt always accurate either, someones honest 'opinion' is often not backed up by FACTS

and most people are woefully underinformed about EOE and AA and thats why they ASSUME that its about discrimination instead of about FIGHTING discrimination

with EOE, I wouldnt stand a better chance at a job you were more 'QUALIFED' for because employers get to define what QUALIFICATIONS are important to them and hire accordingly

but they CANT use race or gender to determine such qualification

I say this because I grew up in an EOE home (my mother was an EEO Officer) and made very aware of what those things are and arent and because I STUDIED a little economy in high school which explained that the economy was not and is not set up for EVERYONE to be able to work

It's true that not everyone can be employed at once by someone else's company, everyone can be employed. Those who are unemployable by a company for some reason can be self-employed, a free lancer/contractor, etc. (granted there is a VERY small part of the population that is simply unemployable for some reason or another)

thats true, but even that usually takes some INVESTMENT which most dont have

I have ideas for inventions, I need to invest in the research and development(need money)

I have a book, I need to get someone to publish it (need money or to 'know' people)

I am administrative/clerical and have been out of 'work' for a year and a half,, worked since I was 18, TWENTY YEARS(because Im not lazy) and this has been the worst dry spell I could ever imagine

just irks me to hear people fortunate enough to find an employer putting others down for not finding work(as if they arent trying)

or how my minority status gives me some privilege (PUH LEASE)

I just found a position with someone(thank God), A YEAR AND A HALF

people should count their blessings and stop fooling themself into thinking its all about how deserving they are of them

Oh well you have your thoughts and I have mine. If I feel deserving its because I am. After busting my butt since 18, taking initiative and learning, yes I AM deserving.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 07:18 PM
Lol bail bonds! Oh well I'm sure there were plenty who actually used the money constructively. Bush admin still dropped the ball on that one.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 06:47 PM

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 06:30 PM

There's a simple fix for that. Don't live beyond your means. Take ANY job that's offered. Join the migrants in the fields. Hell you're all bitching about them being here, go do their work then. Why have I never had a problem finding employment? Is it because I show up, make a good impression and take an interest in what I do? I've been laid off twice since I started working at 18. Twice. That's because the companies closed down. Yes I drew the unemployment my companies paid into, but I never asked for an extension like the whiners are doing now. I wasn't even unemployed long those 2 times. I showed interest at job interviews, didn't ask about benefits, and made a good impression on my job. How hard can it be?

how deserving you are,,,,,,

Why thank you. I know I am.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 06:29 PM

many of the Katrina "victims" given their free 2000.00 money hand-out from the government
Isn't it a function of FEMA to give financial help to people who have lost their homes in all kinds of natural disaster. Is this something that you have always objected to or is it just Katrina? $2000 seems like peanuts to people who have lost everything.
spent theirs at strip clubs and getting tattoos.
When did this happen? Did it make it into the news? Were there any reports in the media?
This is what they call "telling what you think" without links or educated expert evidence.

Ah but there WAS evidence. There really was. Yes it was reported in the news. Why would I make something like that up? It was just, as your leftys say, a FACT. Our govt dropped the ball big time on Katrina. But yes a lot of the folks blew their money. It was theirs (our taxpayer money) to spend how they wished so there you go.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 04:04 PM
There's a simple fix for that. Don't live beyond your means. Take ANY job that's offered. Join the migrants in the fields. Hell you're all bitching about them being here, go do their work then. Why have I never had a problem finding employment? Is it because I show up, make a good impression and take an interest in what I do? I've been laid off twice since I started working at 18. Twice. That's because the companies closed down. Yes I drew the unemployment my companies paid into, but I never asked for an extension like the whiners are doing now. I wasn't even unemployed long those 2 times. I showed interest at job interviews, didn't ask about benefits, and made a good impression on my job. How hard can it be?

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 03:03 PM

Why not support the gays? Let them be allowed to share the same marital misery that we straight folks endured. :tongue:

Palin has yet to prove herself credible enough to run for higher office. She's just a spokesperson.

I will back you all the way as long as you have my back.:tongue:

laugh laugh

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:50 PM
Why not support the gays? Let them be allowed to share the same marital misery that we straight folks endured. :tongue:

Palin has yet to prove herself credible enough to run for higher office. She's just a spokesperson.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:40 PM
True hypocritical liberal fashion: Mrs O claims to be for better eating habits. Look at what they grubbed on during Superbowl Sunday, some of the most unhealthy foods known to man.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:36 PM
Agreed. Stress is hard on the body. Be aware of how closely the mind and body work together. Stress causes hypertension, heart disease, I've seen stress literally put my brother into his grave.Certain types of cancer, I still believe it's strictly genetic. You either have the gene or you don't. Preventative cancer such as colon cancer, that's a matter of good health and screening.

Stress will sneak up on you.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:26 PM

I blame fox news. However one cant sit on the sideline even if it is comfortable and cozy. If you think about it if the regresive right goes unchallenged america will turn back to the stone age. I recall rivers and streams so poluted they could not support life. I recall air so foul to breath you couldnt enjoy fresh air. You can thank the libs for environmental laws that say a creek isnt an open sewer for industrial waste. Thank a lib for banning DDT just years before our national bird became extinct. Republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue in this country and I have no idea how they havent been laughed off the political landscape.

Tooooo funny. How can you blame a news channel? Are THEY making the laws? I understand your wanting fresh water and such, but what does this have to do with socialized health care and national security?

I bet my azz tho that when W Bush gave us the refund check a few years back to "stimulate the economy", you were most likely the first in line at the bank to cash it in. Tho to me it didn't stimulate the economy too much, much in the same way that many of the Katrina "victims" given their free 2000.00 money hand-out from the government spent theirs at strip clubs and getting tattoos.

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:20 PM
I agree MsHarmony, an opening link to a current event is fine, but from there why can't we just debate said opening link? It's monotonous to debate something when all that gets posted are more links just to prove a point. Why should I use someone elses opinion when I can clearly state my own?

GG2's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:12 PM

GG, did you cut and run? It's been over an hour and a half since I last heard from you. I miss you!

Awww ain't you a sweetie! I'm still around.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25