Community > Posts By > red_lace

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 07:37 AM
Bahahaha! The cat though is priceless!

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 07:19 AM

But heck I know some American "originals" that are mamas boys...lol. So it is a matter of the person as well as their culture.

Hahahaha. That made me laugh! So true.

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 07:05 AM
Edited by red_lace on Tue 07/15/14 07:06 AM
Death Note? :)

I'd say a police box, but Dr. Who would sue me for copyright infringement.

I want my fork to transform into a spoon whenever I want it to. Useful for eating and for poking eyes out. :)

Oh, and welcome to Mingle!

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 06:57 AM
Honesty is an admirable trait. Kudos to you! :)

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 06:55 AM
Edited by red_lace on Tue 07/15/14 06:56 AM
I never had problems with the men I dated from other countries. I guess I was lucky because they have been lengthily immersed to other cultures since they traveled a lot. Also, their minds were open to the differences --we didn't see them as hindrances, rather opportunities to enrich ourselves.

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 06:47 AM
Hahahahaha.^^

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 06:36 AM
I don't define it. I go out and make it happen.

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 06:33 AM
My experience with Indian women during my work abroad was very nice. I learned a lot of things from them. With Indian men, even educated ones, it was the complete opposite.

I know how it feels to be singled out due to your country of origin, but if you want people to see differently, don't complain about it, show it.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 09:22 AM
((((2kids))))

Hope you had a great birthday celebration. You seriously deserve it. :heart:

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 08:56 AM
I used to think you're cool, but not anymore. And the only reason why I didn't shred your balls and make you eat it is because my friend likes you. Don't ever think you got one over me.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:02 AM
A narcissistic, self-righteous psycho who believes he is correct.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 05:52 AM
There are worse things to be than being fat...like being an *******.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 05:47 AM

You need to not take things so personally.
If one asks for opinions, who knows WHAT will be returned.
Long as it is on topic, it is acceptable.

Simply ignore the ones loaded with humor if that is not
your thing.

^^This.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 05:45 AM

Mostly that happens because we surround ourselves with people we like being around, and of course that usually means they are of a similar consistency. They like similar things or feel the same way about topics etc.

We spend our time with people who think the same way we do, so we come to believe our perspective, is the correct one.

Then we come online and are exposed to people who are not at all like us. They come from all sorts of backgrounds, experiences, cultures etc. We discover that our perspective is just one perspective. Some folks freak out about that. They may even think people are disagreeing with them for the sake of argument, or to attack them personally. And may attack (back) in what they think is a response.

Then some of them get used to it, and grow, and become a more layered, interesting person as a result.

And this ^^.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 05:10 AM
Edited by red_lace on Sun 07/13/14 05:09 AM
Each moment we have lived, or will ever live, is permanent, and thus everyone who has ever been a part of those moments with us are irrevocably attached to us. The natural law of cause and effect is too well evident in this. We are all changed, we can all be moved --�� just as the weakest of breezes can nudge one leaf off its intended path to the ground, just as the most fastidious of us can come out of the bathroom and find a ball of lint peeking out of his belly-button --�� simply by sharing space, sharing experience. Contrary to what most people believe, I don't think we are ever with just ourselves.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 04:49 AM

Note to all,
We are all of different ages, cultures and ways of life, trying to fit in together here.......chill out, don't over react to a post, people will say things that can be taken out of context and be nice........it will be noticed around here.

Amen.

no photo
Sat 07/12/14 09:13 AM

I have a dog just like this one. I named him after a Chilean poet. haha.

no photo
Sat 07/12/14 07:38 AM

no photo
Sat 07/12/14 06:34 AM

no photo
Fri 07/11/14 11:28 PM
Just imagine what Chuck Norris would do. :)