Community > Posts By > rjtj

no photo
Wed 11/24/10 08:22 PM
"YES,I DO HAVE DREADS BUT THAT DONT MAKE ME A THUG. I AM FROM THE STREETS SO ILL NEVER FORGET THAT NOR WILL I STRAY. IVE DID SOMETHINGS DAT IM NOT SO PROUD OF IN THE PAST BUT THATS LIFE YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN. SOME PEOPLE CHANGE SOME DONT I GOT FIVE GOLDS IN MY MOUTH DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER IM STR8 FORWARD ABOUT MINE HPOE YOU WILL BE BOUT YOURS.HOLLA"

People person written all over that...

no photo
Wed 11/24/10 08:12 PM
"I thrive to be that different person then everyone else."

that's quite a task ahead of ya'...

no photo
Wed 11/24/10 04:46 AM

Interracial dating is it ok? Yes or Nosmokin smokin smokin smokin

Yes, I have been a part of it myself. :smile:

no photo
Wed 11/24/10 04:40 AM

I love Florida because it's where I was born. Being that my dad was in the Air Force, I've lived in other states and in Greece, so haven't been here all my life. He retired back in Florida, and I've been here ever since.

The one thing I will never like about Florida is the humidity at night time during the summer. Breaking a sweat while just sitting outside, not even having to move a muscle, and you'll feel sweat beading up lol.:tongue:

At least I have family up north if I get the need to be in snow again, but don't know why I would, hehe. happy

Was born here too.....my fathers side of the family relocated here from WV...51 years ago

My mothers side on her fathers side had lived here for decades......he met my grandmother and married her during the Korean War.....and brought her to the States.....I actually love the heat of Florida

The heat is fine, it's the humidity :tongue:

no photo
Wed 11/24/10 02:57 AM
I love Florida because it's where I was born. Being that my dad was in the Air Force, I've lived in other states and in Greece, so haven't been here all my life. He retired back in Florida, and I've been here ever since.

The one thing I will never like about Florida is the humidity at night time during the summer. Breaking a sweat while just sitting outside, not even having to move a muscle, and you'll feel sweat beading up lol.:tongue:

At least I have family up north if I get the need to be in snow again, but don't know why I would, hehe. happy

no photo
Wed 11/24/10 02:45 AM
Edited by rjtj on Wed 11/24/10 02:50 AM
I wish they still made the American version of Mars bars...it was replaced by Snickers Almonds...

no photo
Sun 11/21/10 08:15 PM
Yes, R.I.P. Sparky. My favorite Detroit Tigers manager even though he went into the HOF as a Red. :)

no photo
Sun 11/21/10 08:12 PM
"In trying to become a gentleman, I had succeeded in becoming...a snob." Pip in Great Expectations.

no photo
Sun 06/06/10 09:33 PM
Edited by rjtj on Sun 06/06/10 09:36 PM
The reason she is suing Google is because they are the "deep pockets" meaning they have more money than the driver that hit her, which she is suing as well of course.
They may try to get Google for negligence of forseeability in that the company should have known the warnings posted would not show up on a Blackberry phone, therefore a person not able to see them because of the use of the phone, rather than a computer, may be hurt without the cautions being visible, warning of the possible hazards.
She is probably hoping Google will settle, because she won't have a team of top notch lawyers like Google will if it goes to trial, as obviously she couldn't afford it. If Google is anything like the Disney corporation, they'll never settle. But in her favor, less than 5% of all cases actually go to trial. Another case of hoping for a quick buck...

P.S. If the lawyer REALLY thinks she has a case that can be won then he might be taking it on a contigency fee.

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:56 PM

Just a small notice for those who may not have heard.......former pitcher Jose Lima, who was quite animated to say the least for those who remember him, died today at 37 after having a heart attack. RIP Jose, gone way too soon.

R.I.P. Jose Lima

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:54 PM

As many mentioned, I also keep up with it only when World Cup rolls around. I kind of keep track on the standings leading into FIFA 2010.

Question: I see scores that are tied and is the final score. Why does soccer leave it as a tie and end the game? Who wins?

Imagine a less known less experienced team going against a well known strong team.

Having a tie is better than loosing, so it should be rewarded ..and as the previous mentioned, winning gives points (3) and tie is 1 for each. In the world cup it's different, since it's a championship so any team ends up with equal points must go for the extended time and if that fails then penalty kicks so one team is definitely eliminated.

Yep. :)

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 12:51 AM
I wonder why they put Frank McHugh saying,"Ha-ha" @1:38 mark? It's from the movie The Roaring Twenties and he was laughing at the Cagney character,(Eddie Bartlett), upon finding out the girl who wrote to him while away at war is only 17 years old and in highschool. At least it was from a Cagney movie anyway :tongue:

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 12:32 AM
Detroit Tigers :)

And second to them I root for the Tampa Bay Rays since I live in a city next to Tampa :)

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 12:26 AM
Edited by rjtj on Sun 05/23/10 12:29 AM

arsenal and trinidad

arsenal? shocked

i never heard of that country

Maybe Arsenal is her code for France since Wenger is the manager and they have quite a bit of French players like Sagna, Gallas, Nasri, and some others that escape my memory right now...:tongue:

It was Diaby, Clichy, and Silvestre that slipped my mind for a few as the other frenchmen on Arsenal. :wink:

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 12:19 AM
I'm pulling for USA. Will be watching other countries play as well such as England, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Netherlands, Germany...A lot of people seem to be picking Argentina to win it all..sounds like a smart choice, really.

no photo
Sun 05/23/10 12:13 AM

As many mentioned, I also keep up with it only when World Cup rolls around. I kind of keep track on the standings leading into FIFA 2010.

Question: I see scores that are tied and is the final score. Why does soccer leave it as a tie and end the game? Who wins?

Wins are worth 3 points, draws are worth 1 point to each team, and loses of course are 0 points for the loser when keeping total of points in the league standings.

no photo
Wed 05/12/10 12:05 PM
Edited by rjtj on Wed 05/12/10 12:09 PM
My all time Led Zeppelin tune...

"Hey Hey What Can I Do"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHcc86xnfc

Bought a box set just because i could only get that tune on there :)

Also some other favs..

"Over The Hills and Far Away"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKBVB_WQOPk

"Tangerine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8II-gt0cfM&feature=related

and "D'yer Mak'er"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQ2vEo4T0Y

seeing the other Zeppelin posts got their tunes on my mind ;)

no photo
Wed 05/12/10 01:57 AM

I found a lot of stuff from NOFX...Any one you want played??

Having a tough time finding the other, but still looking...

"She's Gone" by NOFX is a good one...I love their cover of "Last Caress" by the Misfits..favorite album by NoFx is "Ribbed" followed by "White Trash..." album :)

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 05:18 PM
Please Play This Song On The Radio by NOFX
&
Turn Off Your Radio by The Essentials (old Florida punk rock band)
:smile:

no photo
Sat 05/08/10 11:24 PM

Hell Yeah baby!!:banana:

grumble

I don't feel like I can blame the rookie goalie Howard for Detroit being beaten in the series..San Jose just seemed to want it more than the Wings, despite the 7-1 win the other night...the come back to win in OT by San Jose the game before that 7-1 game said it all..congrats to the Sharks.

Previous 1 3 4 5