Community > Posts By > sexyindn

sexyindn's photo
Fri 03/26/10 12:25 PM

All this diversion is going to work for about a week, then reality will set back in and people will realize that it's just more of the same.

All the smoke and mirrors aren't going to change the fact that people are still losing jobs, the debt is unsustainable, and the democrats wasted an entire year working on a bill that does very little to fix what is actually wrong with the health care system.

You have about 6 months to enjoy your victory, because when November rolls around people won't be voting based on this bill. People will be voting based on the economy, jobs, and the debt.. There isn't a whole lot of positives that the dems can point to in regards to what are the most important issues concerning the people.

Incompetence has consequences...

November is seven months away,,,since october 2009 things have not gotten any worse...

in fact,, unemployment rate dropped from 10.1 to 9.7, we have gone from losing 224,000 per month to losing 36,000, and average hourly earnings went from 22.35 to 22.46

I am confident things will continue to slowly improve by November and the issue wont be that there is no positive , just whether some will consider them positive ENOUGH

Unemployment here just reached 9.5% up from 9.2% in Jan, so things in AZ are not getting better. Can't speak for other states but its not really changing much here.

first nothing is going to change overnight we did not go into debt in one year and certainly will not come out of it in a year. This is a process, and unemployment will change from state to state it's in inevitable. We can't blame Obama for " doing nothing" because it's impossible for him to make a significant difference, not only this year but in his entire term. I honestly think that it will take 1 -3 pres (depending on their actions) for things to improve drastically.

im a hardcore liberal and i don't exactly support this bill but if anyone's to blame, blame the Bush's! and the stupid bush administration. As a dem i felt obligated to squeeze that in somewhere haha

sexyindn's photo
Fri 03/26/10 12:17 PM

considering health care opponents committed acts of terrorism a day ago this has some merit..although realclearpolitics is known to make up stories. Now you neocons know how it feels when your party called me a terrorist just because i came from palestine.

Thank-you!!! im not even muslim and i get called a terrorist all the time, it's about time the shoe is on the other foot, these people get called a terrorist a couple times and they get so wound up! let them try to go to an international air port and have everyone stare at u like ur a freak or something!

sexyindn's photo
Fri 03/26/10 12:14 PM

So..if someone didn't vote...they should just shut up and sit down??

I did vote, by the way.

in a way yes and no... Look if you feel so strongly about a subj then u should do something instead of bitchen about it....All talk and no action get's u no where... First off i think every american should vote cuz it's our duty as citizens, but the truth is less that 60 percent vote for our president!!! It annoys me that people sit there and ***** about things when they were to lazy to make a difference and perhaps have things turn out the way they would have liked... so yes if u didn't vote shut up and get over it! or start a petition or a referendum do something, cuz bitchen gets u no where!

oh and did anyone here about Sen. Lewis a democrat getting spat on and he was harassed and called a N***a! how rude!

sexyindn's photo
Wed 03/24/10 09:29 AM

turn you jesus freak women on? like mary magdalene?

I don't consider myself a Jesus freak but I am Catholic. I don't get turned on or off by another's spirituality or religious beliefs. I am accepting of other's beliefs and I only wish for my beliefs to be respected.

same i don't claim any religion, im just respectful! ^^ couldn't have said it better myself

sexyindn's photo
Mon 03/22/10 03:54 PM
i slipped on ice and busted my face i got 12 stitches,it was an interesting exp

sexyindn's photo
Mon 03/22/10 01:36 PM

Dear,really its my humble offer to u.actually in future I wanna start 1 cultural introduction programme where I would love to introduce my culture to them.already I had spoken to my forigner friends also.they will start the same there for there country.so we can know different cultures more.
Like my country is having ancient culture of yoga.that is famous now.kamasutra(art of sex and poses)is also known.but what about aayurweda(natural medicine theropy for every desease).iam going to highlight.we had seen cases of aids in mid 90s...but but trust me,refrence of this desease is available in books written ten thousand years back....now india is developing fast.so new generation is also trying to search the meaning of what they have written in book.and what treament they have mentioned.....

That sounds really interesting, I have read about a lot about india's ancient culture and science. I believe that would be a very successful business, but the introduction of those ideas are different than the introduction of arranged marriages. One allows people to view other options medically, one less invasive than the western medicine and one changes our society's norms .

the kamasutra is amazing it's one of the many things which makes me proud to be indian. India has an amazing history and culture no argument there and it should be learned, but i dont think it would affect the divorce rates in america at all; after america has studied many cultures, and adopted many things. Americans are egocentric in the sense that we believe we have the best way of life, introducing a new lifestyle would be interesting, but i can guarantee you that it won't change much. Take the Middle east for example, they have adopted things from the west that they like, and omitted the things they don't . Countries adopt ideas based on what works for them and in america the idea of independence and steering ones life won't change, we're kinda big on that haha

sexyindn's photo
Mon 03/22/10 01:27 PM

I'm sorry to interject, I just had to say, isn't it ironic that the subject of this thread is, "Strange...but fact"??? How very, STRANGE.....huh
[/quote

i didn't notice that, good point. You definitely cannot say that arrange marriage will decrease divorce rates, because many social factors go into marriage. Marriage is different all over the world, let's be real in India it is socially frowned upon. Also divorce rates are high in the united states because the amt of people who enter marriages are increasing.

If you wanted you could say,that the reason Indian's have a lower divorce rate because Indians view marriage as a duty versus finding a life partner. I AM NOT SAYING THAT THEY VIEW MARRIAGE AS A DUTY, all im trying to prove is that there is not direct connection between arranged marriages and divorce rate. AS a indian-american (not x-indian)I understand why you believe marriages should be arranged, but can u deny that you think/feel that way because of the way (where) you raised?

My parents had an arranged marriage, and are now divorced. On the other hand my entire family (not my generation) has had successful arranged marriages. In india you are married or you begin looking for marriage at the "right age". I would like for you to think about it, in the west people do look at unmarried 30 something year olds and think they are unhappy or should be unhappy because they are single or unmarried. Why is it that marriage is required, why do all cultures (if not most) associate marriage with happiness. It is possible to be happy and not married, im living proof of that.

so you cant equate arranged marriages and lower divorce rates because many social factors go into how and why people get married and how and why they get divorced.

sexyindn's photo
Mon 03/22/10 12:49 PM

How do I get on the list for an "arranged" marriage?

Do I need a tan first?

hahaha no actually being fair skinned is a plus in most parts of india. i dont think you want that type of marriage though it's very risky doing an inter-racial arranged marriage because both parties are expecting somehting diff. not saying there arent good indian guys but u def need to look for yourself lol cuz there are def some pigg headed ******** (that goes for all over the world not just india haha)

I was just kidding laugh

hhaahah oh, but tans are always sexy, for somereason everyone's into it now :-) i feel really lucky i was just born brown lol

sexyindn's photo
Mon 03/22/10 12:47 PM
Edited by sexyindn on Mon 03/22/10 12:48 PM

Sorry friends.I started the topic and left after sometime due to some work.
Well,I observe and read all ur comments.so many guys have wasted there time here to proove,how indian culture is bad and their country culture is good.
Boss has claimed about social and cast differances?....can any social culture would be 100% perfect?...nopes.these things r happening in every part of the world,not only india.
I started this forum to create healthy discussion.not for pinching anyothers.my questions and intensions r simple.let me repeat once again.
Besides advance country,how u can control proportion of divorce?do u really think,divorce is way to saperate of 2 souls only?there is no bad psyco impact on kids and anyother close relatives?how can u say urself advance where family morals and ethics going down and worst day by day?
Somebody so called x-indian is claiming disadvantages of arrange marraige here.could she till tell me 1 thing.if ur parents show u good guy and ask u to take a proper time to know him.without any force they made u decision maker.u will not marry that guy?
My view is simple...if u r not able to control matter of divorces in ur country,then why not study other culture where divorce proportion is minor with compare to population and ethics?...do u really think,the girl or guy who done arrange marraige dos lost of compromises till entire life?whts wronge in it where consiquences of divorce r more worst than that?...do we need to study indian culture properly?...every social culture having good and bad.iam expecting comments related to what I have mention.....be mature...don't divert

Your view is "agree with you or you're wrong"... Sorry Pal, no one ever said any culture is better than another.. Everyone has talked about how all cultures have something to offer.. You are stuck in your little place wanted to push it on everyone.. AND that "ex" Indian you mention has appreciation for ALL cultures which is far more advanced than you are...

thank-you! and btw i am not x-indian i am half; which as i said entails the best of both worlds according to my standards and beliefs. I think this forum has been very civil and healthy because everyone is expressing their point of view, and fyi that is the point of the forum!

sexyindn's photo
Mon 03/22/10 12:41 PM

If anyone should fear anyone else God had better fear me! I do not appreciate his double standards and favoritism.

well said! my opinion is no one really knows who god is, so why cant he/she or it be whatever makes each person comfortable?

im not atheist but i am not god fearing, im pro-evolution but in the off chance god did put me here he knows im not perfect and he knows why i think the way i think and why i do what i do because he would have supposedly created me! but personally i dont believe heaven or hell exists and if they do i think they are earth, hell being the torment in ones life and heaven being the overcoming of obstacles and challenges.

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 02:24 PM
thank-you, im on the same page with you, embrace differences or the only type of people you will meet are the ppl like you, and thats just no fun hahaha.

im a big fan of indian food, what style did u have?

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 02:01 PM
sorry if im raping this forum but i love this topic , it's one that has been with me throughout my life from grade school-college. i dont mean to sound judgmental, of course i believe that what other ppl do is not my business but i cant help but to raise the question, if given the option would people in other parts of the world (not just india now) like to change their cultures if they could,what i mean is that we really dont get to decided our culture it basically chooses you. I'm interested i seeing if a traditional indian family told their daughter that she could marry whom ever she deemed worthy ( ie blacks, whites, Chinese, etc...) would she say oh no you chose for me or would she be tempted to find someone for herself ?

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:56 PM
oh sexyindn is how i see myself... i think every part of me is "sexy" the way i think, look, and feel. and im indian so the second part is self explanatory ahah but by sexy i mean im confident and to me there is nothing more sexy then honest, confident and true to oneself!

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:53 PM
i agree you cant look through windows! like a said in one of my previous posts, now culture, legal system , society etc is perfect. EVerything as pros and cons and it's up to us as indiv to access them and see what works for us.

I love my india i truly do but im the first to admit the society has flaws, i love america and yet again no one on this forum can deny that american society has flaws as well. the issue with me is that i want india to be better becasue i know it can, i know that sounds judgmental of me but there is so much culture and history that country has to offer and the fact that not everyone manages to see the beauty of that. People tend to always look for the flaw, and if that's all people see then imagine what ppl think when the look at america? a bunch of materialistic, superficial, egocentric, dumb president electing *** holes! but personally i agree with them but thats the beauty of america that people have the freeedom to do what makes them happy and say, and think as they wish. americans are free to find themselves, and In indias case people see villages, slums, and curry , there is so much more to look into! yes i dont agree with arranged marriages but i do love the fact that family is the center of ones life regardless of the fact of wher u are.... I thinks ones self is one's main priority and that works for me, i am an indian american like i said i've experienced both cultures and think we could learn a lot from them, and vise versa india could learn a lot from the west; the world can learn a lot from eachother and mayb that will minimize the amount of haters!!!

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:22 PM
Cheating discreetly less taboo than diivorce

well cheating is horrible anywhere in the world but like i said the diff gender roles apply in this situation, yes if a man is caught cheating it is frowned upon but if a women is caught cheating she might just lose everything ...... everything varies from location in india ( life, family, home etc....)

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:20 PM

Sounds like you have wonderful family.
So I am curious about your moniker..

i love my family to the grave, dont get me wrong there are so many imprefections with my family and i strongly believe had i not been born in america i would not be the strong willed independent person i am today. i may still be very passionate and maybe more respectful towards my elders but i think a part of me that i admire wouldn't be there.

a) what is a moniker haha

b) and i love the fact women are gaining a foot hold in the world, no society can ever succeed with half its population uneducated!

lets give all the women an applause right not for having the right to be on a comp w/o supervision and i hope that all of you can follow your dreams as i am able to follow mine! u deserve it hell u guys go through a lot more than men do! (preg, and aunt flo lol) mad probs for dealing with men for as long as u have!

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:15 PM

basically what im saying is that i don't think it's healthy for and individual to live with his parents, your 40 year old friend should prob move out and get a job and a place of his own. Personally my parents can live with me, i cant live with them and there is a diff. in one scenario in one i support them which a child should do (after all they did wipe your ***) and in the second your parents take of you.

AS it pertains to the other cultures that ur talking about it doesn't pertain here because not all of those cultures practice arranged marriages and they all have diff roles (ie gender, and family). YOu must understand that all asian cultures are similar and very unique at the same time, gender, family, age, etc... play a very diff role in diff parts of the world, just because there are similarities doesn't mean they can be lumped together

Good poing AND the fact that what works in one part of the world may not work in another... I know plenty of India people that 1) didn't want arranged and still went with it b/c their parents would have disowned then and 2) those that have turned down those that their parents found for them... They also get a few choices not just one... I also know a lot of Indian men that can't wait to see who their parents have picked and start their families as their parents desire..... People are individuals no matter where they come from.. Some may want whatever their family wants and some may not... It doesn't matter what it is, marriage, religion, family business, etc. And it doesn't make them wrong or the others wrong...

i agree 100 percent but i do think that by not having hte option of disobeying ur parents going against their wishes you aren't so much an individual but a piece of clay your parents have molded to their desire ?

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:12 PM

How do I get on the list for an "arranged" marriage?

Do I need a tan first?

hahaha no actually being fair skinned is a plus in most parts of india. i dont think you want that type of marriage though it's very risky doing an inter-racial arranged marriage because both parties are expecting somehting diff. not saying there arent good indian guys but u def need to look for yourself lol cuz there are def some pigg headed ******** (that goes for all over the world not just india haha)

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 01:08 PM
basically what im saying is that i don't think it's healthy for and individual to live with his parents, your 40 year old friend should prob move out and get a job and a place of his own. Personally my parents can live with me, i cant live with them and there is a diff. in one scenario in one i support them which a child should do (after all they did wipe your ***) and in the second your parents take of you.

AS it pertains to the other cultures that ur talking about it doesn't pertain here because not all of those cultures practice arranged marriages and they all have diff roles (ie gender, and family). YOu must understand that all asian cultures are similar and very unique at the same time, gender, family, age, etc... play a very diff role in diff parts of the world, just because there are similarities doesn't mean they can be lumped together

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 12:55 PM
Everyone brings up very good points, the cast system does affect how people are raised therefore affecting how people think. Yes i know the culture is different all over india but generally they are the same,and the general consensus is that arranged marriages are better because "children" are to young and unwise to make the decision about a suitor along. In my opinion when a person is responsible and ready to find that special someone they should do so on their own because it is natural to behave differently around the entire prospective in-law family. Hypothetically let's say all arranged marriages work perfectly, but living with your parents does affect the nuclear family structure. AS an indian man you know what goes on in the traditional family life, aka roof.Im not saying that its impossible for it to work but it does tend to a create hostile living situation. Many generations under one roof does create some hostility; all my aunts and uncles have arranged marriages and my uncle and his wife and hteir kids lived with my g-rents and there was a lot of conflict between the generations when it came to traditional values. My aunts however were in-lawless in the sense that their inlaws are in india so they have what i consider a nuclear family and theres a lot less tension. from what i've seen vwhen you are free to live your lives as ur own family, it doesn't drive you away from your parents it just allows you do what you feel is right as an adult. Being an adult is one of my main points, you can't fully be an adult and live with your parents because to ur rents you're always their child. People need to experience life and learn who they are and you cant do that from your house and you can learn about married life under your parents roof, because in indian society if your marriage doesn't match the social norms ,idol gossip begins and there en lies the drama which will begin among the generations.

you cant trust your parents to make decisions foryou because thats what children do haha i dont meant so rude it's just my opinion and i believe you can maintain the closeness with your family without living with them, and gain a sense of independence as well

Previous 1