Community > Posts By > sexyindn

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 10:42 AM
i dont endorse and religion but in my law class we learned that god means any god it could me buddha, or the christian god or allah for it could mean the tree outside your house, basically it's "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." it's saying that god (whom ever he may be to you) is going to aid us in protecting liberty and justice.... which in many cases doesn't happ but no legal system is perfect and i prefer ours to a theocratic one lol

in the words of me, just do you and since ur in america if it's not harming anyone else the gov't can touch u (supposedly haha)

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 10:31 AM
thandori chicken is the ****! try some bryani, some chicken mhakani and some somas you'll lvoe it haha

sexyindn's photo
Sat 03/20/10 10:27 AM
As an american_indian i have learned the best of both worlds. i believe we should study the better parts of the culture, as in the family oriented part. But i love western society's belief in fostering independence in their youth and allowing them to become individuals and not a forced image of what their parents want. I hate arranged marriage i dont believe it works, it is a compromise essentially. You need someone to marry ok here u go this family makes good money and are respected in society so go move in their home and have fun. I love that i have the freedom to chose who i wish to spend my life with and still i am close with my mother. Indian society as much of the east in my opinion is out dated and that may sound as if i condemning them but im not all i wish to point out is that it's based on tradition, and tradition doesn't always change with the times at it should. In the west women are given somewhat the status of men ( it's suppose to be equal but let's be real it's still a male dominated society) but in the east in many cultures women are still viewed as objects. This is not the case in all areas but it still exists, and if the women don't have much freedoms and in many cases are uneducated why would they divorce the family who is feeding and sheltering them and their children? however in the west women and men seek what they consider true love and this i something they believe to be worth fighting for so as expected you're not going to find ur sole mate immediately and this leads to divorce. Indian society doesn't take in marriage lightly and that is different in the west, yes marriage is a big step but it's a step to understand your loveer and if doesnt work out you dont have to feel as though ur forever trapped.

to sum up my long *** speech, yes we should study indias culture but at the same time we must realize that both cultures have major flaws and we must learn to make the best of both worlds!

i think im really lucky becuase i have a good relationship with my mom (not my fam per say) but i've learned how to think about what i want and not so much what my parents want for me, yes their desires do affect my decision but ultimately it is my life and thats what matters and ifeel like indian culture is the exact opposite it is still based on family honor and what others think of you and that shouldn't matter! which is how arranged marriages began because how bad does your family look if your son or daughter married someone beneath you it's a shame on your honor. i have so much to say because this is an amazing topic one which i've had one many t imes but ill save it for later lol

2 Next