Community > Posts By > brian1harris

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:42 PM
I like what you point out Elijay, but you can use S&G as an example of homosexuality as a sin. It's pointed out in the scripture. Of all sins they committed (and they committed many. They were found to be a horrible people by god) Homosexuality was pointed out. When the angels visited Lot, late at night, the men gathered at Lot's door and demanded that he bring his guests out so that they could have them. (have sex with them is what they meant.) they knew these angels were in male form and they wanted them. However, you'll also have to use some other scripture to bring out the fact that homosexuality is a sin. Such a scripture would be Romans: 3.

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:37 PM
.... Okay, I don't know if this was already pointed out or not. Too much to read here.laugh But, the point of prayer in the time of Jesus or now wasn't just the prayer. That's just an action. The real point is faith. If you have no faith and just pray for things then your prayers are made in vain. they will not come to pass. Something was said about something along the lines of things in the Bible not already coming to pass... Okay.....(deep breath.) First, we're still in the dispensation of Grace. This means that a lot of the New Testament promises haven't happened yet. But many have. For example, Israel is now a recognized country whereas before World War 2, they were just a scattered people without a land of their own. I forget the actual scripture, but it's in John and it's Jesus talking. It goes something along these lines: But this generation who sees Israel brought back together, the same shall not pass away before the coming of Christ. I know. Not the best translation,but if you want to know what I'm talking about, go and read it. Perhaps someone here knows what I'm talking about and can post the scripture reference for you.

The second point. The scripture references pointed out (see the first log to read these) were all examples of faith and how powerful it really is. The act of prayer is a work put to faith. Remember the scripture "faith without works is dead?" That's what it means. You first must have faith: believe it's going to happen. Then you must act on it. In this case, you pray for/over it.

Now I've been a christian for a long time and I've felt the babtism of the Holy Ghost on me and have seen the works God had done through me and I am convinced that God and prayer are both real. That's the kind of faith that one must have in order to see prayers come true.

Oh, a quick note: If you're praying for something selfish like a new car or win the lottery, don't expect it. Paul asked god to take away his injury from when he went outside of the guidance of the Holy Spirit and went to Asia to share the gospel. Those people were not ready to hear the word and they attacked Paul and all he went with. They were very lucky to get out of there alive.

But when Paul asked God to heal him, God responded by saying "my grace is sufficient for you." this means that the fact that he's still alive is good enough. He'll carry that scar/injury for the rest of his life as a reminder of what happens when you step outside of God's guidance and go out on your own tangent.

That's all I can say for now. Hope it was intuitive for you.

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:18 PM
Where I'm from they didn't give us names. Just numbers. I'm 007. laugh

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:17 PM
Ummm... ... I have too many crappy experiences with women to say too much. All I talk to turn out to be Nigerian women wanting my money or wanting me to subscribe to their webcams. None of them real. grumble grumble

Oh, well. I say just wait it out and see what happens.

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:12 PM
Ummm.... Where's the beer?

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:11 PM
I like it.smokin smokin smokin drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker
I think I've got plenty to go around now. :tongue:

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:05 PM
Try sumo wrestling!!! laugh

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:03 PM
Get drunk!!!!!!!! Then you'll need more in the morning, but it'll stop for the night..:tongue:

Then again, I kinda like the "smoke pot" and "have sex" idea as well.devil devil

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:01 PM
I love drinks!!!! Sprite is soooo awesome!!!!! laugh ........ ....I mean.... vodka is...ohwell laugh laugh

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:59 PM
Oh. there's that jack-ass from the other day!!!! 'sup Tombraider? laugh

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:58 PM
That depends... What's this forum rated?devil

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:57 PM
Not me.. Theres noone in it. sad sad

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:55 PM
I know about going to bed, but I don't like it....(sniff) Noone's there...(sob) and I don't get paid till Friday....(sob)and..an.... .... WWWWWAAAAAAAAHAHHHHAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Somebody read me a bedtime story!!!!

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:52 PM
:tongue:

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:50 PM
Chicken nipples!!!!! Yeah!! Top that one!!! laugh laugh

brian1harris's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:48 PM
Oh my god!!!!!!!! Santa's been drinking again!!!!!laugh laugh

It's alright thoug, I don't have too much room to talk.sad

Just suck it up and have another.drinker drinker and another.drinker drinker

brian1harris's photo
Sat 08/04/07 05:19 PM
No, I mean nothing by it. I'm just being a smart-ellic. Having some fun while surfing the web. Well, good luck to you on that.

brian1harris's photo
Sat 08/04/07 05:17 PM
So you need to check your bulk mail folder on your email address and find the "look younger today" one and subscribe to it. Especially if you want to do many more of these discussion forums. lol

brian1harris's photo
Sat 08/04/07 05:12 PM
I'm just here. I don't even know what's going on. I just know that "lip-lady" aparently left.

O'doylle Rules!!!!!

brian1harris's photo
Sat 08/04/07 05:08 PM
Don't ask me!!!! I'm sure you're a nice guy and everyting, but I'm just not into that sort of thing!!!! lol