Community > Posts By > Mikebert4

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 01:11 PM

I got your info and Ty again so much. I'll let you know the dates when I get the update on finalizing everything. A few pints will be on me of course.

Well, far be it from me to turn down a pint or two when proffered :smile: I'm not in possession of a will quite that strong yet :p

And, as ever, you're very welcome and if there's anything else I can help ya with just give me a shout chap :)

M

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 01:06 PM
Edited by Mikebert4 on Sun 02/21/10 01:12 PM

Now on topic, eh, you get use to being alone
and eventually quit thinking about being
with someone.

Naww, I was really enjoying being single in Spain - it was a real hoot but I'm just fed up with it now. I'm at my best when I've got someone to me at my best for, if that makes sense sad2

If you were going to die soon and had only one email or phone call you could make, who would you email or call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

I'm not sure, I'd probably die of old age before I could make that decision - hence my looking for someone to make it all a bit simpler :p

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 09:57 AM
Welcome!

I'm still fairly new, even if I'm on here farr too often. It's a great community :)

I'll see you around

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 09:55 AM
Bah, I just dived straight in :smile:

People expect others to browse profiles and search and whatnot. I've not done that fora while :s maybe I ought to?

oh well :D

M

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 09:53 AM

Religion is the root of all that is Evil

Except Stalin's communism... naturally.. which was fairly anti-religion in it's totality.

Perhaps it's a good time to (mis)quote something here:

There will always be evil people doing evil things.

Just as there will always be good people doing good things.

However, to get a good person to do evil - that takes religion.

I forget the source, which is terrible of me :(

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 09:49 AM

Does randomness allow free will?

A fish!

Mikebert4's photo
Sun 02/21/10 09:45 AM
Well, today I got back out on my pride and joy after almost 18 months off riding.

We (flatmate and I) headed up into the Quantocks for an easy 1/2 day's re-introduction back into riding - found some fantastic trails, a lot of -very- scratchy gorse and between us removed about a tonne of dirt on our respective clothing and bikes. biggrin

Surprisingly, the attitude came back very quickly. That kind of semi-meditative state where all that matters is the trail, the tires and where your weight is on the bike. However, the level of fitness -really- didn't and I was puffing my way pathetically up all the uphills sad

Anyway, anyone else on here a Biker? Where do you ride? What do you ride?

Mine's a 2008 Commencal Meta 5.5.2 and a beauty it is too - it's much more of a bike than I can really make use of atm, but I'd upgraded from my old Rockhopper (which I was starting to puch just a little too far) about 3 months before I left for Spain and like hell am I going back to a hardtail :grin:

Anyway, all ye riders, poke yer heads in and say hi at least!

M

Mikebert4's photo
Sat 02/20/10 05:12 PM
Ha, and just this very minute I was wondering where all the ozzies were on Mingle! Awesome :simle:

But anyway, back to topic... Non-jerks unite!

Mikebert4's photo
Sat 02/20/10 05:08 PM
You know, it's not just an interesting observation.

Confirmation Bias kills people. Of all the pilot-error attributed airline crashes in the last 10 years, 90% cited some form of confirmation bias as a contributing factor.

We had to do a lot of study into it as part of our Air Traffic Pilot's Licence (ATPL), and pretty much everything about decision making in single-pilot operations is based around avoiding or forstalling confirmation bias in it's various forms.

But, as interesting as that all is, I'm really replying to pick up on the last little bit of the OP -

Confirmation biases contribute to overconfidence in personal beliefs.

I forget what this is called, but it does have it's own name. It's encountered in programming on a regular basis - where someone relatively inexperienced will claim greater knowledge than someone with a great deal more experience. They simply don't know enough to grasp how little they know. It's an interesting effect...

M

Mikebert4's photo
Sat 02/20/10 06:18 AM

O________O i too have a close-up of my eye but yours is freakishly amazing ...
wish i had blue eyes.. xD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynxhasbigholybawls/4329300873/

Hey, it ain't half bad! I did the close-up shoot with a togger friend and we must've got through 4-500 frames before ended up with 5 or 6 we liked. It also helped having all his wireless flash gear for fancy lighting.

Hey, I've just been browsing your flickr (nosey that I am) and...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynxhasbigholybawls/4258218201/in/set-72157623471239636/?addedcomment=1#comment72157623472373184

...caught my eye - your landscape stuff is phenominal! Keep it coming :)

Mx

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 06:05 PM
Lemmie know eh?

I decided the old one wasn't really chatty enough.

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:41 PM

Good going :)

I guess the biggest problem Atheism has is that Atheists are, by and large, fearsomely independent and individual in nature - organised groups just don't pick up so quick.

It'll be interesting to see if they ever start to gain clout in the political world.

I'm not a member, by the way - read the above on being independent as hell :p

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:40 PM
Good going :)

I guess the biggest problem Atheism has is that Atheists are, by and large, fearsomely independent and individual in nature and organised groups just don't pick up so well.

It'll be interesting to see if they every start to gain clout in the political world.

I'm not a member, by the way - read the above on being independent as hell :p

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:33 PM

I spurged today... I bought a pretty new quilt, sheets, pillow.. the whole nine yards! :banana:

Go you! I'm getting me one of those memory-foam mattresses next paycheck. Damm, they're comfy!

:biggri:

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:31 PM

if you were all that hot, you wouldnt be lonely. IMO.

Heh, maybe she just has standards? You know, like morals. AKA she wants someone special for a meaningful relationship rather than just someone to warm her bed. laugh ohwell IMO, you are judging a book by your own cover.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. This here is why I hang around on these forums.

You're allowed to just be out for sex, but the majority of people on here are looking are looking for something with a bit of meaning, and they're genuine about it.

And as for you, AloneWOu, Stick it out - non-jerks are out there and we're getting more and more pissed off at the coarse and shallow idiots every day.

You'll find your man flowerforyou

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:29 PM

if you were all that hot, you wouldnt be lonely. IMO.

Heh, maybe she just has standards? You know, like morals. AKA she wants someone special for a meaningful relationship rather than just someone to warm her bed. laugh ohwell IMO, you are judging a book by your own cover.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. This here is why I hang around on these forums.

You're allowed to just be out for sex, but the majority of people on here who're looking are looking for something with a bit of meaning, and their genuine about it.

And as for you, AloneWOu, Stick it out - non-jerks are out there and we're getting more and more pissed off at the coarse and shallow idiots every day.

You'll find your man flowerforyou

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:18 PM

u could always keep yourself occupied and blow kisses to bots lmao!!!!!! works for me!laugh :wink:

Bots drive me mad! mad

I was on here a year and a half before I found my boyfriend. You might find her here, you might find her elsewhere. Just be patient, live your life and she'll come along. flowerforyou

*stamps feet* b-b-but!

Hell, you're probably right, but I just felt like gushing for a bit there ohwell

M

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:11 PM
Edited by Mikebert4 on Fri 02/19/10 05:11 PM

And Jerry! LOL

Love it!

I've been having some fun in Photoshop recently - dug out some old close-up shots of my eye and played with one that didn't make the final cut.
The deal was to try and portray 'fear' with only an eye - pretentious ain't it :)

Anyway, tell me what y'all think:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebert4/4370816239/

M x

Mikebert4's photo
Fri 02/19/10 05:03 PM
I sent ya a message with my recommendations, but I thought I'd reiterate the core message:

PUBS!

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinking, supper. These little havens of English-ness are providers of all! Get yourself to a decent rustic pub and get some real ale down ya - steer clear of Fosters, Carling, Peroni and all those cruddy lagers and go for the local brews - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hell, I might even be visiting family and be able to stop by for a pint.

Mostly, though, get thee to a pub!

Mikebert4's photo
Thu 02/18/10 05:05 AM

"I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a Drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings."