Community > Posts By > Peccy

Peccy's photo
Sat 11/03/12 08:48 AM

If it were not so pathetic I would laugh when I see his political ads wailing against the deficit.

Romney is not the cure he is the illness.
Get real, lol, all of Washington is corrupt. Romney is not the only one, they all do it. Washington needs to be vacated and new members be brought in. I'm not talking presidents, I mean everyone.

Peccy's photo
Sat 11/03/12 08:14 AM
Edited by Peccy on Sat 11/03/12 08:16 AM

Cost of Obama as president? Trillions?
I do not think Jesus could fix what Bush left him.
The Bush blame game is getting old...think of another excuse for him. I think GW sucked as a prez, but Obama has to take responsibility sometime.

Peccy's photo
Sat 11/03/12 08:10 AM
Edited by Peccy on Sat 11/03/12 08:11 AM
Cost of Obama as president? Trillions? He is part of that 1% people are always complaining about.

Peccy's photo
Fri 11/02/12 04:03 PM
Edited by Peccy on Fri 11/02/12 04:04 PM

I think what you seem to be missing is that this incident is the direct result of almost 50 years of government policy. The citizens of the United States are no longer willing to tolerate the killing of "foreign" civilians. Oh, we don't mind when American military groups (including the FBI, DEA, state and local policing agencies) kill Americans, but a someone from another nation, well that's just horrible!

When the press started showing images of dead women or children during the Vietnam War, the people were horrified. Now, we call ahead to say where we will drop bombs so that civilians can get out. So to say that the President should have sent gunships to support the embassy is ludicrous. If he had, you'd be on here touting him as a "baby killer" (much like they did with Nixon). The same would of occurred if we'd of allowed the Marines stationed there lay fire into the crowd that was breaking down the gates. I have no doubt that the Marine contingent that was there could have laid wast to the entire crowd, but that is against our policy. Why? Because "we the people" won't allow it.

You complain when he drone strikes terrorists, you complain when he doesn't. Try to get your "side" straight so we know where you stand, but don't sit here and whine about command decisions that are not easy to make.

There isn't a person in the world that understands the pressures put upon the President of the United States, except the five remaining presidents. Almost every choice one makes effects the lives of millions of people. If it costs four American lives to prevent a war that would cost the lives of 5000 Americans, then it's a hard choice. But sending gunships into the territory of a sovereign nation is just that - an act of war, and quite frankly, one we can't afford and don't need to fight.

As far as the book is concerned, how do you know that isn't the one he's got hollowed out to hide his smokes?
so,it was spontaneous then?

It doesn't matter. The American people will not tolerate us using the military in a "bullying" manner.

Personally, I think that the rioters were probably hooked in via social media to the riot in Egypt (a distance of about 90 miles). It started as a protest against a video that we had nothing to do with, and as any good group will, subversives saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.

The question you don't ask is what would you do if it occurred here? For example, if a group of Americans were protesting outside the Egyptian embassy, and they shot into the crowd. What would be the actions of the American citizenry?

By simplifying the question, you forget that the troops there, even with heightened security, would have been severely outnumbered. If shots would have been fired, there would have been more than just four dead. It shouldn't take a genius to figure that out. I think instead of railing on bout the loss, we should honor the Ambassador for his courage, his calm, and his sacrifice. Because of his actions cooler heads prevailed, and because of his sacrifice our troops aren't getting shelled by Libyans right now.
I have yet to understand how people are ok with this and try to make up ways to defend the non-action.

It didn't happen here, no matter how people try to spin this, fact is someone fell down on the job.

And from what I understand it wasn't just people protesting outside. If it were, why was the request for more security made days before it happened?

Peccy's photo
Thu 11/01/12 08:15 PM
The human interest stuff. disregard the national news totally!

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 07:36 PM

True, even Obama supporters can't deny that Obama dropped the ball big time on this one. But his dropping the ball cost American lives. How long is this going to be covered up? It looks like the lame stream media has already forgotten it or wants desperately to forget it.

Perhaps you didn't notice. They were denying he dropped the ball. It was Hillery, CIA, State Dept, (place name here)'s, fault but mainly a video from California. In ALL cases, it was not Obama's fault.
He is the head-hombre, he knew. If he didn't someone doesn't trust him to make a decision. So either way.........

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 07:12 PM

I'm 99.99999% sure there's no god. But, to put that into perspective, I'm also 99.99999% sure there are no unicorns too.
LOL, true, there aren't many absolutes in life. Just like I can't "prove" there are no unicorns, I can't "prove" there is no god. But there is this little gift I have called common sense......

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 07:07 PM
True, even Obama supporters can't deny that Obama dropped the ball big time on this one. But his dropping the ball cost American lives. How long is this going to be covered up? It looks like the lame stream media has already forgotten it or wants desperately to forget it.

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 06:46 PM

Or riding Madonna doggie-style.
you sure it wasn't the other way around?

Rumor has it he can take it like a Madonna.:wink:
Impressive!

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 06:41 PM

Or riding Madonna doggie-style.
you sure it wasn't the other way around?

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 06:38 PM
Edited by Peccy on Tue 10/30/12 06:40 PM

Lesson 1.

"How to exploit a Natural Disaster in order to top up one's Superannuation." by Al Gore.
laugh laugh laugh laugh Gore seems to be packing on the pounds! Notice how there's no seperation of chin and neck....lol

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 06:37 PM
Exactly!

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 06:35 PM
Never let the photo op of you doing something presidential go to waste! But wait President Obama, what happened to the Benghazi one? I guess you can't look presidential holding a golf club.

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 04:34 PM

I think agnosticism is appropriate in some cases. I'm agnostic about life on other planets. However, I don't think it's appropriate when it come to god. My reason is that the existence of god is far more unlikely than our own. According to what we know about how things come about, evolution etc. the god hypothesis (as it's generally given in the traditional faiths) cannot be real. This is because complex beings, like a god, don't just pop into existence. They come about after a long evolutionary process. So, this god that was here before anything and made everything out of nothing just doesn't fly.

Now, if you want to discuss god as some kind of alien with advanced technology able to create a universe like the one we live in, that's a very different matter.
I do not define "God" in the way the mainstream does. To me God is not human form, kind of an indescribable energy that exist on a different dimension, plane, whatever. I am not like these religious nuts who claim to have it all figured out, present it to you in a neat little package and get upset if you refute it.

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 04:24 PM
laugh laugh laugh

Peccy's photo
Tue 10/30/12 04:22 PM
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.

Editor’s Note: .

Before you dismiss the possibility of a 90% drop in the stock market as unrealistic, consider Wiedemer’s credentials.

In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists accurately predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the Unit

http://www.moneynews.com/Outbrain/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=FE8A-1

Peccy's photo
Fri 10/26/12 06:03 PM
Agnostic, lets look at what the meaning entails: Winkpedia defines it as someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities.

Now it's impossible for me to justify a single God with all the suffering we all see day in and day out. However; I just don't think that man is an orchestra of terrific coincidences either. Or that we did it alone.

Therefore I believe that we are simply remnants of a race that is much more evolved than we are now (think pyramids). Our ancestors were dumbed-down and left behind to populate this planet.

Hey, I may be a bit intoxicated, but it makes more sense than the inane fable of coming from dust and a rib.

Peccy's photo
Fri 10/26/12 05:05 PM

I'm betting you won't hear much about it on the MSM.
You mean LSM - Lame Stream Media laugh laugh

Peccy's photo
Fri 10/26/12 02:36 PM
Sooo........we should take someone's word for it and just not vote because Obama will win anyway right?.....lol You really think that people are that stupid? How come the polls suggest different?

Peccy's photo
Thu 10/25/12 07:04 PM
Edited by Peccy on Thu 10/25/12 07:05 PM

I must have reverse amnesia

because I could have sworn I heard about nothing but the attack for at least a month afterwards

its now october 25 and the attack was 09/11
And that excuses it how? Is there some timeline on this? Oh, I forgot, the election. That takes priority over a few people that were murdered. Silly me.

you tell me

is there something thats going to change by reporting on it every day for a year , vs a week, vs a month?

is there new information to report? or should we keep repeating the same 'news'?
I thought you might be able to tell what I was saying by the sarcastic way it was worded. Apparently not, either that or the glazed over look you most likely get when someone mentions Obama blocked it out. A year a week or a month? How about anything at all period? No other mention about it besides it happened and Hillary drew the short straw in that administration and took the blame. They'll run anything else into the ground, how about letting us know something.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25