Community > Posts By > Smileycoll

Smileycoll's photo
Wed 12/09/09 01:50 PM

Okay...I know not all of you keep your friendship alive after you broke up with your "once upon a time the love of your life" :cry: , but for those who still keep in touch with their ex's...would and should you let your current boy/girlfriend stop you from talking to your ex?

It depends upon the relationship. Personally, if I dont have a ring on my finger, noone gets input as to who my friends are. In the case of engagement or marriage, however, my partner and I should be able to discuss what is important to us and most likely I would not completely cut off a friend but because of the sensitive nature of someone being an ex lover, I would not initiate contact with them anymore except to explain that it made my partner too uncomfortable.
Well said. I think your boy/girlfriend needs to trust you because without trust there the relationship isn't going that great. Then after the ring comes things might be different.

you would cease being friends with an ex because of a ring? What happened to trust? or does the trust go out the window when the ring is introduced?
Trust is still there but would you really want to hang out with your wife/husband and her X that she /he slept with...sitting across the table at dinner. Once the ring is there...you both become 1 and your friends are mutual.

Smileycoll's photo
Wed 12/09/09 10:40 AM
Edited by Smileycoll on Wed 12/09/09 10:42 AM

Okay...I know not all of you keep your friendship alive after you broke up with your "once upon a time the love of your life" :cry: , but for those who still keep in touch with their ex's...would and should you let your current boy/girlfriend stop you from talking to your ex?

It depends upon the relationship. Personally, if I dont have a ring on my finger, noone gets input as to who my friends are. In the case of engagement or marriage, however, my partner and I should be able to discuss what is important to us and most likely I would not completely cut off a friend but because of the sensitive nature of someone being an ex lover, I would not initiate contact with them anymore except to explain that it made my partner too uncomfortable.
Well said. I think your boy/girlfriend needs to trust you because without trust there the relationship isn't going that great. Then after the ring comes things might be different.

Smileycoll's photo
Wed 12/09/09 10:36 AM
No snow here but I had ice on my windshield this morning!

Smileycoll's photo
Mon 12/07/09 09:27 AM
I am taken and hopefully will stay that way forever. I hate dating!

Smileycoll's photo
Mon 12/07/09 09:08 AM

10!flowerforyou love drool
Awe thanks Jt winking

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:20 PM
A capable man is attractive and useful...lol

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:17 PM

Kinda new here...tell me the truth!
love
LOL Haven't even been on here a month.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:15 PM

Thanks ....good to know. I changed it although I am really only looking for friends on here.

Oops, missed that part. blushing

Seriously, even for friendship you don't want to have someone that has trust issues either. You want them to not just give trust out willingly, but you don't want to have that eggshell walking feeling around them either. It is kind of hard to describe I guess, so if what I wrote doesn't make sense, I empathize.
It makes sense and thats why I changed what I wrote. Glad to hear your input flowerforyou

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:11 PM
No it doesn't mean he doesn't love you. Lots of guys like big butts...my man does.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:58 PM

OP, overall I really think your profile is stellar.

However, there is something that does give me pause: when you noted what you are looking for in a guy, the first statement that I read is, "I am looking for someone that I can trust and is honest."

Thus, as a guy, I start asking myself, "Does she have trust issues? Am I going to spend half of my time with her on egg shells having to convince her that I'm trustworthy, or is she going to bolt like a rabbit when it hears lightning at the first sight of tension in the relationship?" A serious red flag with a guy.

What I would recommend is changing the following sentence:
"Someone that I can go out and have a great time with doing anything."

to:
"Someone that I can go out and have a great time with doing anything since I trust his honesty and is fun to be with."

You see, you're able to still note that it is a quality that you like (and need), but don't put it out there like some sort of red flag for guys.

I wish for you the best.
Thanks ....good to know. I changed it although I am really only looking for friends on here.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:32 PM
Reasons to get married. Because you can't live apart from that person. When you guys are apart a piece of you is missing.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:30 PM
Kinda new here...tell me the truth!

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:23 PM

I think the reason to get married is to commit yourself completely to someone and vow before God your wedding vows!

what if you don't believe in god, should you still get married?

If its important to you,,just leave out the line 'what god has joined together' so as not to be a hypocrite. I think there are a few different vows which can be taken and people can even write their own.

People can do what they want it's their freedom of choice but i am at loss about your statement of what God has joined together. I don't know what you mean?

When we were married, the pastor said the line 'What God has joined together let no man put asunder". I was stating that for someone not believing in God, that sentence would not be appropriate.

I see... I think wedding vows have completely lost their conviction!
:thumbsup:
I agree...wedding vows have lost their conviction. People these days don't take those vows seriously enough...I didn't when I said them many years ago but the next time around things are going to be different.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:04 PM
Ronny4dating...he told me about this site so I came on.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:02 PM
If you always speak from your heart and tell the truth you wouldn't have problems like this. There would be nothing to take back. But we are human and it is hard when you are hurt. I try to not speak if I can't say something positive. If I feel the anger coming I try to control it and work out the situation calmly so we can resolve the issue. But I always forgive...or try to when someone said mean thing to me then takes them back.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 06:55 PM
Its happened to me before a few times. I usually say "I am just not there yet" then explain how falling in love takes a while for me. I have only been in love 1 time in my entire life....hopefully another time will come soon. Love is an amazing feeling and I want that again.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 06:45 PM
I have only been in love 1 time....true love and I know exactly why,because that person is amazing in all ways...even the flaws.

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 06:01 PM
I am attracted to intelligence. If I am smarter than my man I usually leave and end the relationship. Well I usually leave and end every relationship so I guess I have yet to find the intelligent man. I like to have discussions and toss around different thoughts about different topics and if a man can't hold his own view then whats the point. Well, I am seeing someone...but the jury is still out on this one!

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 05:48 PM
Edited by Smileycoll on Sun 12/06/09 05:48 PM
I am taken by the best!

Smileycoll's photo
Sun 12/06/09 05:46 PM
open or closed to it...love just happens. People are only closed to it when they have some pain from their past that is still lingering. When the right person walks into their life....love will happen.

Previous 1