no photo
Sat 08/16/14 12:13 PM
No peeking at Merriam-Webster, folks. How do you conceptualize love?

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:56 PM
Yes.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:29 PM
Become a tortured artist, exercise, and maintain a healthy diet.

Seriously. It works.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:26 PM
In all fairness part of what I'm positing is that if on were to say that he or she is looking for something leading to marriage, doesn't that asphyxiate the very breath of getting to know an individual on their merits as a person rather than the utility that they could serve to you?

Also, why would you think that I couldn't at the very least empathize with your point? I've met individuals of all ages that are consumed with the idea that they have discovered some invaluable knowledge that time itself grants any wisdom, rather than the frequency of experiences.

I merely mean to present the possibility that in looking for something so specific, once again, one's emotional periphery may be lost, as as one would be focusing on such specific desires rather than the very exploratory nature that provided one with such "wisdom" in seeking in the first place.

Here's a picture of some girl in a tunnel to lighten the ambiance -

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:16 PM
I would date a stripper, even though my friend is a male stripper and has advised that it is rarely, if ever, a good idea. Apparently there's a lot of insecurity involved in the industry.

But, hey, maybe you dig the money. If I could be a male stripper I would be. My friend makes bank.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:14 PM
Internal validation, man. Pretty much everyone on here has 'had their heart broken' in one sense or another.

Maybe you loved her. I suggest reading Neruda, desisting in the desire to impress women through arbitrary means, and doing something extremely creative with your energy, in whatever form it manifests itself.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:10 PM
Banshee Chapter

Based on the Lovecraft story "From Beyond" (that was then adapted into the movie of the same name in '86), this was a very enjoyable horror flick that immediately stripped itself of tension by throwing in an absolutely unnecessary caricature of Hunter Thompson as a character.

Still, definitely worth a watch for horror fans (even though "From Beyond" is way better).

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:03 PM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Fri 08/15/14 12:02 PM
Atmosphere - Pour Me Another (Another 'Poor Me')

Bottles and pints, and shots and cans
Couches and floors, and drunk best friends
Models and whores, and tattooed hands
Cities and secrets and cats and vans

Good times, laughter, bad decisions
Strippers and actors, and average musicians
Mornings after and walks of shame
The bartender knows me by my real name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3Ji59ysh4

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 11:58 AM

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 11:46 AM
'No such thing as an Atheist in a foxhole.'

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 11:41 AM

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 11:35 AM
Unhealthy and boring, nearly as boring as the concept of perfection.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 11:35 AM
Yes.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 10:28 AM
I should really find my copy of the Necronomicon before that thing in the woods makes me decapitate my girlfriend with a shovel.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 10:23 AM
A question – Do you ever consider that the limitations you place as the to type of relationship you ultimately want may be limiting your ability to discover that you may want something else?

In other words, if an individual says that they’re looking for something “without mind games” or that they are looking for a “true commitment”, does that possibly persuade them away from all of the experiences that exist outside the periphery of their desire, and potentially limit their chances of finding joy.

Are you looking for something specific? Do you think this enables your ability to find that thing or have you ever questioned whether or not the search for something specific may be giving you tunnel vision, and impeding your ability to find it?

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 10:17 AM
Got a giant book of Lovecraft's short stories not too long ago.

We might have done that one already.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 10:07 AM
Edited by plastic_pancakes on Fri 08/15/14 10:06 AM
On VHS 2 - I really did think that the story about that insane Chinese facility was unnerving as all hell, but you honestly could have taken that and just stamped it on the end of the first one and it wouldn't have bothered me.

Sunshine

Danny Boyle, the director of Trainspotting (and other great films), doing a sci-fi movie about our sun dying, and it stars Cillian Murphy.

Overall, I still consider this to be a really damn good film, but I felt that the ending was a bit rushed and that it launched itself into an epileptic fit that was unnecessary and detracted from the human element that made the rest of the movie so likeable. I'd still recommend the hell out of it.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 08:45 AM

Think I'll just stick to worshiping Cthulhu.

Word.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:26 AM
Your freedom inspires in me both bitter-sweet nostalgia and jealousy, but I couldn't be happier for your joy and I look forward to meeting you on the road again some day.

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 12:20 AM
Well... there's LaVey's "Church of Satan" and Satanism and then there's actually worshiping Satan.

LaVey was a somewhat subversive elitist and denounced what he found to be hypocritical in the text of Christian works, but was himself an Atheist and emphasized that each individual should establish his or herself as an individual worthy of their own worship, not the worship of others or towards others.

Then you have the poetic elements of Lucifer, the Morning Star, the most beloved of the fallen. Check out Dante or Eminescu for some fun reading on that. Dante chose to focus less on the story and more on the imagery and irony of that fun. Eminescu wrote a brilliant poem depicting Lucifer as the Morning Star who is unaware of any inherent malevolence.

Worshiping Satan seems strange to me though, as it would admit that there is a god capable of creating a hell, and it doesn't seem like Satan would be taking job applications for baristas.