Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 12:02 PM
I'm more of a Scrabble fan myself. Or Trivial Pursuit.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:54 AM

There is a small amount of give and take in any relationship, however if the person feels the need to ask you to change who you are at a fundamental level, then they are not right for you, and you will get lost in the relationship if you try to change who you are and let them define you!

That's basically the cliff's note version of what I've been trying to say for a few pages here.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:52 AM
The lawyer in me would kill me if I didn't say it: You don't have a legal right to say anything you want on a privately owned internet forum. The right against the infringement of free speech concerns only laws passed by Congress relevant to public places. And even that right is tempered by many exceptions.

Cheers to the restricted, but glorious, ability to say stupid things on someone else's website. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:50 AM

Learn to drive more carefully..or I won't be in the passengers seat next to you.laugh

So that's changing a big part of a person's life, then. And who decides what is "too reckless"? So not only is it a change, but you would be completely dictating that change.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:48 AM

Seems like I am becoming the most hated person on here. But hey that is OK, everybody is entitled to there own opinion.

You know that I have never had a problem with you Ron.flowerforyou

Whisper, we're just commenting our opinions...it doesn't mean anything about whether or not we hate you, or even dislike you. It's just our opinion and even if it disagrees with yours it doesn't mean anything about our impression of you.

Cheers. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:45 AM

Some things yes..if it's a matter of life and death or injury or illness..YES there needs to be a change..If not then leave it be.

What about the example of a significant other who drives recklessly. That involves potential injury. Would that be worth suggesting a change?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:42 AM
Indeed I cannot!

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:40 AM

I am not upset at all. Not losing any sleep over it by any means. Still does not mean I can not express my feelings on it.

No one here is refuting your right to say anything about it. Just commenting on the fact that you did say something about it.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:39 AM

No...smoking is a bad thing and SHOULD be stopped..because not only will it end up killing THEM but you as well if you're around the person when they're doing it and yes that is a deal breaker for me if they refuse to stop..Sorry..I'm gettin kinda lost myself here..lol

Lol, sounds like there are some instances where you support change in a relationship then.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:37 AM

glasses Did you know that the Georgian army is in Iraq supporting the U.S. ???glasses

glasses If they had our back shouldnt we have their back? glasses

Any military action against Russia would be a grave mistake on the part of the United States. They are quickly becoming one of the three most powerful nations in the world, and are ruthless when it comes to militaristic ventures.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:36 AM

i spoke to a georgian a few months ago and their view was that russia was being a big bully over a particular region that really belongs to georgia but that is far as i have heard about it but now i think i would like to know abit more so i might read up on it.flowerforyou

A superficial look at the situation seems like just an overreaction to a small problem, but a closer look seems to support the theory that Russia has been planning to re-annex the territory for a while. Reports indicate that Russian tanks had been amassing at the border for up to a month, despite the fact that the peacekeeper deaths only occurred less than a week ago. Russia explains this as "normal military routines." Suspicious coincidence, I think.

It's being compared to Russian action in the insurgent region of Chechnya over the last decade, but there is a big difference. Chechnya was a breakaway region who declared their own independence, knowing full well that they would need to defend themselves and that it would be a full blown war. South Ossetia, on the other hand, is within the boundary of Georgia, and as a result there is much more "international" context there. In essence, Russia is no longer fighting a breakaway republic of theirs, but essentially declaring war on a third party country.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:31 AM

only thing i'd change is to quit smokin, cuz i'm doin that anyway...

Good for you!

thxbiggrin
it's not havin those last 4 that's hard as hell... frustrated frustrated frustrated

I second the compliment. Focus on the positives that you're getting from losing the addiction, that can be a good motivator.
Good luck!

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:30 AM

..I hardly believe that anybody wants to just sit there while bugs crawl all over them..

^ Excerpted.

I agree it seems crazy that anyone would truly not care that much. But what if he really didn't care? And it drove you up a wall? Wouldn't you be open to the thought of him deciding that it was disgusting? Sure, he would be "changing", but wouldn't it be an improvement, without having to alter his personality or lifestyle in any significant way? That's my point...that not all change is bad.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:27 AM

Like I said I understand random conversation. But to post just to be seen is uncalled for. Why fill a whole board just to be seen? One board after another after another is pointless and no need for it. Drowning people out just to be heard, is not only rude, but childish.

Just my opinion.

I completely agree that they're dumb and pointless. I think the same thing about smoking, which is why I avoid it. I just don't see the point in getting upset by it.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:25 AM
There has actually been a great deal of media coverage given to the huge pollution problem in Beijing, and China as a whole (albeit mostly in print media).

There has been widespread skepticism of their plan to reduce pollution for the Olympics, which basically consisted of telling half the vehicles in Beijing that they couldn't drive for three weeks, stopping all construction projects, cutting industry, and mostly just hoping the wind blows in the right direction.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:23 AM
Just kidding.

As you all know (hopefully) Russia has invaded a breakaway region, South Ossetia, which is now part of the Republic of Georgia. Although the attack was predicated on the death of two Russian peacekeepers in the region, there are rumors swirling of a long-planned Russian war which simply used the deaths as a pretext. The response certainly seems disproportionate, as the region's capital has been left in ruins.

What are your thoughts? Is this indicative of a larger turn of events in Russia, or just another small spat like Chechnya? What implications might this have for the US and international community?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:20 AM
Sometimes random conversations are the best. They can wind up being funny, informative, passionate, etc. Or a combination of all of them.

If you're unhappy with a particular topic started, simply don't participate in it. If you'd like to have a conversation of importance, start a provocative topic.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:17 AM

If he can over look my disabilities or my abilities and love me as a person and a woman..he can go and buy up the whole Raid Roach Spray display at kmart and its all good.

But he's still "changed" from not caring about roaches to suddenly caring about them because of you, hasn't he?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:05 AM

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww@roaches..the kitchen don't have to be so spotless that "I" could eat off it..I just don't want the roaches eating off it either..lol.You spill something,get it up but its not something that gotta be done on schedule.I got way more to worry about than if the kitchen is spotless..lol..and I don't think that couples have to enjoy EVERY activity together..I love things that I KNOW guys aren't gonna like and I'm more than happy to go off and do them alone while he does his thing.

I understand that separate identities are important to a relationship. But take your comment about keeping the kitchen clean enough to avoid roaches. Consider the following situation:

You are with a wonderful man. You and he have a great relationship and seem to connect on many deep levels. There are very few things that you dislike about him, and of all of these things, you don't want or expect him to change any. Except one. In the kitchen, he makes a mess by often spilling crumbs and sauce on the countertop and floor. He never cleans it up, and has specifically stated that he doesn't think it's important. Although you don't need the kitchen to be immaculately clean, you definitely dislike roaches. Over the past few weeks, his messes have begun to attract roaches.

In this scenario, do you think that it would be inappropriate for you to ask him to "change" by starting to clean up after himself? Would you think it is unreasonable to expect him to change? Do you think that it's reasonable to simply dump the relationship over this issue, because you wouldn't ever want to ask him to change anything about himself?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 10:59 AM

**Makes a note--Do not let Sox light the grill or the bonfire!:wink:

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee? flowerforyou

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25