Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Mon 08/11/08 03:00 PM
Time to revive the HMoan thread? happy

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 03:18 PM

China's pollution output is the last thing any sane person should be worried about when it comes to that country.

And how is it the intense resource consumption and the defilement of the air quality not be of relevance....?

Last time I looked the Earth was still round....and what comes around, goes around.:wink:

I think he's referring to their massive political and military power, which are as concerning, if not more concerning, than their contribution to world pollution.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 03:16 PM
Chazter - Good points. I've unfortunately gotta run for now, but I think you're right that we have an edge on Russia for now if we were in a defensive position. I was working under the assumption that we would be attacking them (since I think that's what this thread started as...attacking them in defense of Georgia).

I still disagree that they are not a decent military force as we speak, but there's really no way to prove that and your defense budget numbers indicate that I'm wrong on that. Hopefully we won't find out first hand anytime soon.

120557 - Yes I know that is my opinion...that's why I started everything with "I think". To answer your question, I haven't ever served in the military, although I fail to see how that's really relevant in terms of knowledge of international military strength.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 03:11 PM

now now.

don't be hasty.

you will get your penny from God, in due time.:laughing:

might I suggest that you vote the democratic ticket and apply for a cushy governemnt job?

you certainly have no clue what I am saying.

good luck in your job search.

:banana:

I sense that you're trying to make a point, but you're being extremely indirect about it. Are you implying that the Democrats are prone to giving away cushy government contracts?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 02:33 PM

In non nuclear warfare we are far more advanced technologically and I am sure would be victorious, but again we have no reason to go to war with them.

^Excerpted.

I don't agree. Traditional warfare with Russia has always been treacherous. Given their ridiculous geography and climate, they've always been one of the most difficult countries to attack and defeat, if not the most difficult. Their technology and spending, while both taking a hit in the 90's when the USSR dissolved, has since taken a huge rebound. Their government is swimming in money, and they've pumped a TON of it into their military (in true Russian fashion).

Not only do I think that we can't beat them easily, I doubt that we could actually beat them at all...particularly if we continue to stretch ourselves thin in Afghanistan and Iraq.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 02:24 PM

laugh laugh laugh

not welfare. I wish it were that and not what it is.

the half of the economy is getting government paychecks or paychecks from governemnt contracts.

seek and you shall find.

by the way, are we not taught not to bite the hand that feeds us?

irony.bigsmile

And you're suggesting that we denounce government money and instead rely on a paycheck from God?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 02:19 PM
In my full body footy pajamas when I was really little.

Ouch.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 02:16 PM
taken.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:55 PM

What do you do if you had "met" someone off this site....emailed, even talked on the phone...only to find out that EVERYTHING they had told you was a lie!!!.....I mean EVERYTHING!!!.....why would someone do that?????

What you do: Never speak to them ever again and try to forget that it happened.

Why someone would do that: Because they think that they're not good enough, and that the only chance they'll ever have with an attractive woman is by lying about themselves.

Sorry to hear it.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:42 PM

for the last time, what i,m saying is our government don't mind attacking Iraq, but wont say to much to Russia, that in my book is being a coward.

But you're agreeing that being a coward is the smart and appropriate move?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:38 PM

Thank you! Too bad it was wasted....

Well I don't think it was completely wasted, since you revealed him as a bit slow on the uptake. That's worth something, at least. Haha.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:37 PM
I still want to know if the homeless person that found them got arrested for trespass too.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:36 PM
Well said.
drinker

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:35 PM

well you see here is my problem. i personal dont beleive there is such a thing as war on terror. just another republican scare trick.yes i did call our government cowards. and i stick bye that statement.its hard for me to say bad things about my homeland Russia, no there not perfect. but i have lived in usa for 43 years now. so i,m a american. but Russia has the same right to invade who they want. it should be Russian business. not USA .

So you're agreeing with the American response to avoid military conflict with Russia, but calling them cowards for doing it? That's contradictory.

And yes I agree that the war on terror is a largely fictional pretext for governmental power under the Republican heading. However, there is no doubt that insurgent resistance in Iraq is real and furious.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:30 PM
...learn an F chord on guitar? I've been teaching myself guitar for about a month now and ran into a hurdle with the F chord. Just can't seem to get my fingers right.

Also, any suggestions of good songs to learn for beginners?

Thanks! drinker

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:27 PM

as for USA attacking Russia. it would be a blood bath. USA would have to bring back the draft. then there is the nukes. it would wipe out life as we no it. the best thing the USA can do is. not get in to Russian business.

That's what I've been saying the whole time. But yet you called them cowards for doing that, and now you're saying it's the smart move.

but on war in Iraq, i think your leaving out the facts, the facts are before we invaded Iraq. there were no terrorist there.

I never said that there were terrorists there when the war started. I said that the war is going slowly now because they are fighting terrorists. Whether or not you agree with the reason for the war, or agree that there were terrorists there at the beginning (I disagree with both, mostly), the fact is that now they are fighting insurgents and terrorists while trying to save the country from ruining the infrastructure.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:24 PM
Abby, just wanted to post to say that if every girl would make that face in their pictures, this world would be a better place. Haha, I love that face in pictures.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:19 PM

At present, half of the citizevry owes its allegiance directly to the governemnt for its very paycheck, and of course, this half is going to vote for leaders that promise to maintain that course of action in the hopes of procuring their own leisurely entitlements at the hand of this faceless giant.

^ Excerpted.

Are you getting this statistic by including governmental workers in that number, or just welfare?

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:18 PM

as a American. who came from Ukraine. i have been saying for a long time. people needed to beware of Russia. i have been called crazy. but as things are going now i was right all along. it seems our government only attacks little pis see country like Iraq, after all our army can not even beat Iraq in a war. how will they beat another super power.

Many expert in international policy have been warning against Russia for a while now. They've eliminated their national debt, tightened their authoritarian government style, increased corruption, and continued with their human rights violations. However, they are still a world superpower and we don't have the liberty to simply attack them at leisure. The results, as I've said, would be devastating. It's akin to other countries' inability to attack us because we would retaliate swiftly and strongly.

It's ENTIRELY different from the war in Iraq. The war in Iraq is not against the country, but rather against the terrorists which are harbored there. We are trying to bolster the country while destroying our enemy. This is counter-intuitive to every traditional notion of war. Generally, war intends to destroy the infrastructure through attacks. But in Iraq, we have to preserve the infrastructure in order to facilitate the rebuilding of the country and civilization. This is extremely delicate and hard, and that is a major reason why the war effort is going so slowly. If we were to attack a country like Russia, we would be able to exert our militaristic force much more easily and take out their infrastructure rather than tiptoe around.

soxfan94's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:13 PM
Men jumping ship - disagree
Men taking the hardest route - agree
Men monopolizing the grill - agree
Men watching volleyball only for boobs and looks - sorta agree
Men planning only for beer consumption - totally agree
Men starting the fire without lighter fluid - agree

laugh laugh Great post.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25