JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 10/26/09 07:26 AM
Hi all!
My sleep goes in cycles. For a few months I'll sleep for about 6 hours straight. Then it changes so that I'll sleep for an hour or two, wake up for an hour or so then fall abruptly asleep again! Gradually I'll ease back into the 6 hours of sleep. It's weird! I'm not sure what causes these sleep cycles but I'm getting used to them. Sometimes fibromyalgia pain keeps me from sleeping well but typically that will just cause me to wake up enough to change my position and then fall back to sleep.
Unfortunately for my friends I keep my phone handy and I sleep text!! I guess that's better than text-driving?!!rofl

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 10/21/09 08:55 PM
biggrin

I watched the last inning and a half...saw Victorino get robbed of a homerun due to fan interference.. and saw my Phillies win 10-4!!
Yippeee!!! <<<<Runs around the room cheering and waving arms....>>>>>

Maybe I can watch the World Series now since I don't seem to be such a jinx??

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 10/21/09 04:18 PM
Right now I'm living just outside of Philly. I am banned from watching their post season games. My friends figured out that when I watch the other team scores! I only watched part of the one game....so I stay on facebook while the game is on and my friends keep me posted.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 10/21/09 02:18 PM
flowers
34 years? I think you are my hero..
It's been 16 for me. I think he really wanted someone to be a mother to his 3 children and that's why he pretended to be everything I wanted. Right after the wedding the facade came down and he changed. Once I realized that the verbal and emotional abuse was affecting our daughter so badly I knew I had to leave. Our fighting even caused her to try cutting.
I'm looking forward to our new life in sunny FL near supportive family members. This life was no life at all.
Thanks for the encouragement. Is it ok if I email you from time to time? I wouldn't mind having words of encouragement and friendship show up in my inbox!
Debby

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 10/21/09 06:45 AM
The chicken was following those goofy squirrels that run out in front of you! Don't they work for an insurance company??

what

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 10/20/09 09:18 AM
At this point I feel as though I'm too old for that game. I like to smile at people! No matter where I am or what I'm doing I smile at people. Clerks in stores are much more helpful while you are smiling at them. (Ok, not all of them!!) The person ringing up your purchase responds in a positive manner when you smile at them...usually. I am having so much fun with it! So many years of marriage when I could not find my smile anywhere and now I've found it again. I think this makes me approachable. If I'm frowning and grumpy looking I doubt even I would want to approach me.
But I'm not looking for anyone to approach me. I'm healing and practicing my flirting/social skills. Oddly enough I think this makes me very approachable....rofl

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 10/19/09 07:19 AM
flowerforyou

Thanks y'all! I am so looking forward to beginning my new life full of fun! I know it'll be helpful for my daughter as well. We are going to enjoy life and begin smiling.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Sat 10/17/09 08:53 AM
Hope I'm not out of line by jumping into this thread since I'm still 49..I'll be fifty in a few months!!!
I married later (in my 30s) and shortly after our wedding my husband began sleeping on the couch. He said it was more comfortable and he was only just falling asleep watching tv anyway so I shouldn't take it personally. Needless to say, I did take it personally!! I did whatever I could to entice him. Sometimes it worked, most times it didn't. Whenever it did work he'd still go back to the couch afterward. I gave up. It's not what I wanted out of marriage but for the sake of his kids and then our daughter I tried to just keep the peace in the house. I've had enough, filed for divorce and am looking forward to beginning a new life. I'm a social type of person, he's not. He would accuse me of not having "time for my family" whenever I went to some kind of social event at church or at a friend's house. I ended up distancing all of my friends and staying at home, usually just watching tv in my room, in order to avoid having him lose his temper.

Now I would like to meet a man near to my age who does not want to just sit at home. Of course I highly doubt I could get back into roller skating like I did as a teen but I really enjoy strolling around those little villages full of fun shops and coffee places! I love the ocean, strolling the boardwalk, movies and dancing. My ex never took me to the movies or dancing and hating eating out. But I love that stuff!! So I'd like to meet a man who enjoys those things as well.

Tell me, once you hit 50 guys do you just want to sit at home and veg? I have a friend from my teens that I just found through facebook and once he gets home from work he is not going back out! He's only 51, which I thought was young, but he shuffles along like an old man and once he gets home from work he wants to go to sleep. I've lived with that for 16 yrs and am not interested.

Sorry for the long rant! It's something I'd like to know about the 50+ crowd!
Debby

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Sat 10/17/09 07:12 AM
Thank you thank you thank you for your service to this country!

Yes, please keep after the VA for your benefits and keep after the PT for your back. It will take awhile to heal and the PT will help your muscles.
Welcome to Mingle2! Enjoy and make friends....

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:48 PM
Hi Ry and iNet4Wes! This is a pretty fun place and you can meet some neat people here. Have fun!
happy

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Thu 10/15/09 02:54 PM
Hi is a nice way to begin but don't leave it there. Mention something from her profile! "You say you like flea markets. Do you like the collectibles?" That's conversational. Tell her something about you that you did not put in your profile. You can also let her know what you are going to do over the weekend and ask what her plans are. Don't forget to let her know that you're looking forward to hearing from her again!
Good luck!
Debby

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Thu 10/15/09 01:22 PM
Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go-go

My brother was a dj and made up a 12 minute dance mix of this song, calling it the longest bed-wetting song in history!!laugh

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 10/12/09 04:38 PM
Welcome to Mingle Fox!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 10/12/09 10:59 AM
INXS All Around

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Sun 10/11/09 05:18 PM
Hello Angel..nice to see you!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 10/07/09 12:46 PM
Thanks guys! I do try to cut a little bit of slack when it comes to writing since I am a part of the texting world (thanks to my teen!). I have a friend with predictive text and sometimes I get the weirdest messages!! But I agree, when the profile is one long sentence or loaded with misspellings I find my eyes begin to glaze...and I exit the page.
Thank you all for the hope and encouragement. I look forward to many online encounters..

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 10/07/09 07:44 AM
I'm pretty new here. Please check out my profile and let me know what you think. And let me ask...does it bother you when you look at someone else's profile and they don't have any info? I have checked out those with no pic but just can't find any interest in those who have no bio or 'no answer' listed. This might be weird but I actually pay attention to how things are spelled and how they worded. Yes, we all make little mistakes or type too fast which makes things come out wrong -- but I always double check before I post.
Thank you in advance!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 10/06/09 05:01 PM
Hello naz! How are you? Good luck in your search.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 10/06/09 04:27 PM
Hello! Nice to meet you!

:smile:

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Fri 10/02/09 05:59 PM
Hi. I'm pretty new here, too. I've been cruising around the topics and finding out about people. It's a pretty interesting crew! Hope to be making many friends. I hope you do as well!