JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/28/09 07:40 AM
happy
Hi Smithy! I'm pretty new here as well. Hope you find what you need!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/28/09 07:40 AM
Edited by JerseyCoffeeGirl on Mon 09/28/09 07:41 AM

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 09/23/09 11:18 AM
flowerforyou

Hi everyone! I'm new to this of course. I'm 49, almost divorced, planning a move to FL, have a teen-aged daughter. I'm tired of cold and snow!! grumble
Right now I'd like to find some friends in the Lake County area so once we get there I'll already have friends. Hopefully a friendship can evolve into a relationship...

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/21/09 11:26 AM
I'm an Eagles fan..don't like McNabb much, wish we'd kept Garcia and am really glad we have him back..if we'd only let him play. I understand why they signed Vick. NFL wanted him signed, we got a reasonably good QB for really cheap! We should've put out some cash and kept B Dawk!! He's awesome!!! Kolb was a high priced pick and now they're too embarrassed they paid that much for him to let him go. I am happy with D. Jackson. He had an awesome rookie year and is doing very well this year so far. Tough loss on Sunday though. We should've played either Vick or Garcia.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Sun 09/20/09 07:00 PM
I think the talk that I heard about the babies being assured of citizenship was for when the slaves were finally freed - since their parents were considered property it was to make sure the children of the freed slaves were considered US citizens. I do believe that was intent. It was not intended for all children born in the US to be US citizens regardless of their parentage. If I could remember who said it I would post that but it was on a news program.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Thu 09/17/09 09:45 AM
waving

Hi all! I'm new here. I am relocating to Florida before too long and I'd like to make friends in the Lake County area. I am looking for a potential relationship with a man in his 50s who does not smoke or drink..see my bio for more info! I hope to make many friends - both men and women - and perhaps a special friendship with the man who is right for me.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 09/16/09 11:03 AM
It's not age appropriate for a child that young to read. Their minds are busy with the world around them, which is how it should be! They are associating voices with comfort levels, food, anxiety, etc. They are experimenting with textures and sensory development. Their eyes are focusing at different distances at different ages. Reading TO your child builds enjoyment of reading, it provides an example of page turning (a learned motor skill) and associates the written word with the spoken word - all good things and developmentally appropriate. Even using a pencil should be left to no earlier than the age of three. Check with your local Intermediate Unit or an occupational therapist!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 09/15/09 05:21 AM
Discussion afterward, by those who have actually read the proposed bill, was about the part of no insurance for illegal aliens. The part was read about no insurance provided for the illegals however it does say that there is no real way to verify the status of people. This leads me to believe that the illegals will continue to be covered. Also, discussion has ensued about that little thing in the constitution about babies being born in the US automatically being a US citizen. Research has shown that this was added not for babies from parents who are not already citizens. It was to ensure that those babies born to slaves would be considered citizens. It was a form of protection for them.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/14/09 08:15 PM
Thank you ... she's my brand new granddaughter..

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/14/09 12:56 PM
waving

Watched the Eagles on Sunday and loved the game! Sorry that McNabb got hurt but was not surprised at all. Now I'm wondering if the NFL reinstates Vick earlier or if they hire another QB for the next two weeks. It's a shame that the Eagles brought Kohl in for so much money and now they're ashamed to admit it was a mistake. I don't think he does a great job. I really think that we never should've let Garcia go, personally.

Hope I still get to watch the Eagles once I move to Florida!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/14/09 12:28 PM
flowerforyou

Just signed up today. I will be moving to Florida in the near future and want to find some single men in the Lake County area. I would prefer a Christian man in his mid to upper 50s. I hope that posting here helps me to find this man!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 09/14/09 09:41 AM
Will be moving to Lady Lake/Fruitland Park/Mt.Dora area...am going to open a coffee shop with my niece. Meanwhile I'd like to meet some singles in the area who are not too young so that when I get there I will already sort of know some people.

1 2 4 Next