Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/27/09 09:16 AM

We all have our scars, our burdens, our memories of bad dreams become reality. And we all carry them
with us like old photographs tucked into the hidden compartments of our minds. But must we dig them out and show them to every person who sits next to us on the train ride of life like some proud grandmother, or run them through our heads like a continuous loop of ancient films at family gatherings? Do we really need to wear them like so many battle ribbons, displayed across our chests in neat colorful rows, each according to its rank left to right top to bottom; this one for bravery during the assault of family court hill, this for being wounded at the battle of your cheating heart, and please notice if you will the V for valor and the oak leafs for multiple awards?

Tomorrow starts today.

Damn...I thought today started today! :wink:

Clearly, no one benefits from living in the past or dredging up past hurts for too long. At the same time...events in our lives shape us...and help define who who are. Perhaps the thing all of us should try to remember is that we are riding along on this continuum together...we didn't start together and we won't finish together. Tolerance is a great thing...every one of us has had joy and sorrow in our lives. Whenever those events happen to US...it affects ho you feel, how you react to others, what you focus on and talk about. If it's someone else, it can be awfully easy to simply say, "Hey, get over it!"
Chances are when someone said that to us when WE were going through a tough time..it just didn't seem right, did it?" Yeah, most of us all get there...feeling better...but a time to grieve, a time to wallow in self pity (as long as it doesn't go on forever), a time to be angry...is pretty NORMAL. A little positive, kind encouragement always seemed better somehow than a slap in the face when I faced tough times. Perhaps, if we all keep that in mind...the earth spins a little more efficiently. happy

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/27/09 08:04 AM

Hahahahaha

Love it!!!!!!

He coulda woulda shoulda shaved!!!

Hahaha:heart:

Sadly...he DID shave!

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/27/09 07:00 AM

ITS REALLY HARD TO HAVE A SISTER THATS SO STUBBORN AND HARDHEADED, NO MATTER WHAT U SAID TO HER-SHE JUST IGNORED IT... I TRIED TO HELP HER, UNDERSTAND HER BUT IM REALLY TIRED AND EXHAUSTED WITH HER ATTITUDE.. I FELT IM LOSING MY MIND, PATIENCE AND CONTROL..

I DONT REALLY KNOW WAT TO DO WITH HER!

Well, perhaps no one besides you and your sister...and certainly no one here...knows enough to advise you too much. But if venting helps...and it can...maybe that's enough for now. Sometimes, distance is a good thing...put some - not permanent - between the two of you...and see what happens. Focus on some other important things in your life. NOTHING stays the same for long! Good luck...flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/27/09 06:29 AM
Well, I have never done the early Black Friday experience...never wanted anything that badly, I guess. But it doesn't bother me that some people do. Yeah, someone always gets hurt in some incident somewhere...and sadly one killed last year as someone here noted.noway But crazy stuff happens every day, everywhere for crazy reasons. It's relatively harmless for millions of people who venture out for what appear to be bargains...or simply hard-to-find items. I try not to rain on anyone else's parade...Macy's or otherwise! laugh My mother called this morning...she was 92 Tuesday, and lives in The Villages in central Florida...she was waiting at 4 A.M. to get in a store called Belk's (a department and clothing store). I asked her what possessed her to go to a store at 4 A.M.? She said, "They had those expensive socks you like that are usually $20 on sale for $5. I got you six pairs." She was happy.
We told her yesterday about our marriage plans. "You always need socks," she added. Done.
So, I'm ridiculously happy with the woman of my dreams. I'm 60 years old...healthy...happy...in love. And I've got new socks! happy Life is good! And I didn't have to get up early to shop.

Gator76's photo
Fri 11/27/09 06:09 AM

Rise n' shine early
head out the door
quickly many feet
pacing the floor

very long lines
and crowded stores
not enticing to me
I'd rather do chores
laugh flowerforyou

Peladac...A poet...and didn't know it! laugh

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/26/09 08:18 PM
We had a great day here in Atlanta...which is not home for either of us!! After a wonderful night last night...into the early morning...we slept late! Then, breakfast in bed (a decadent luxury when someone else makes it and serves it) while watching the Macy's parade on television. happy We laughed and loved and planned (I think there were tears, as well...but joyful ones! :heart: Then we drove to nearby Buckhead for Thanksgiving dinner with dear friends. Hardly any of our friends or our family know we're together again...after more than a year apart. We called friends and family throughout the day...ate and drank with friends (God, I thought we were happy...they are just as elated!) happy We haven;t set the date...yet...but we have decided it will be in May. It will be an event...or rather series of events...with separate parties or dinners in Kansas City, New Orleans, Washington, D.C. and Florida. If we survive, the marriage should be no problem! laugh Our love story is incredible...and some here who know it are amazed! We are so happy...so fortunate...and so in love! It's disgusting!rofl Anyway...it was a wonderful day...we're back in our room overlooking Olympic Centennial Park...the Christmas lights and Atlanta skyline are beautiful. And, we both have such smiles on our faces...Oh, my...are we thankful!

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/26/09 07:31 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We're having breakfast in bed and watching the Macy's parade...this afternoon with friends in Buckhead who are almost as happy for us as we are...happy

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/25/09 09:10 PM
Male: Cary Grant (One of my favorite quotes in one of his movies: "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."

Female: Audrey Hepburn

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/25/09 06:48 PM

The only thing better then seeing two people in love is being one of those two. May all of your tomorrows be all you both ever dreamed of.................:heart: bigsmile :heart:

Hi, this is Susan...and I just want to say how sweet everyone is! Don - my guy - is truly a special man...something some of you have discovered :wink: Thank you, everyone! :heart: Time to go...room service is here...and we're going to watch our movie. I'm reasonably certain we might miss some of the movie! drool blushing

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/25/09 06:00 PM
A quick update...we are in Atlanta in a suite overlooking Olympic Centennial Park. It is beautiful...with hundreds of thousands of lights...and, of course, the nightscape of downtown Atlanta. She - her name is Susan - loved the two dozen roses. Our initial meeting was hardly private - in America's busiest airport on the busiest travel day of the year - but it was glorious! People - and I'm talking hundreds - applauded as we embraced. People love to see people in love, I guess! :wink: I swung her around like a move on Dancing with the Stars...thankfully not dropping her or the roses! laugh We have laughed and cried and talked and made love all night and into the morning...thoroughly enjoying each other. Today we walked in delightful weather...and planned...and dreamed...and talked about how special life is when we are together. Tonight, we were going out to dinner...but decided instead to watch a movie in bed and have room service...Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is in the hotel so room service is great. Tomorrow we enjoy Thanksgiving with friends...We wish everyone much happiness with your family and friends. Susan has so enjoyed reading your supportive comments of our relationship...and is truly touched by your kindnesseshappy flowerforyou .

Gator76's photo
Tue 11/24/09 12:09 PM
I am waiting at the Airport...two-dozen red roses in hand. The butterflies in my stomach are - at least - flying in formation! I cannot remember being this excited...this full of anticipation...and joy. Love is the most wondrous thing I have ever known in a life that has been blessed. I hope this makes sense...my mind is so full of thoughts...and songs...and memories...and dreams. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving...mine begins in less than an hour! Warmest thoughts to all who read this and have followed our love story! happy flowers

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 09:08 PM

Did all my Wal-Mart shopping completely nude

Hell, that makes you one of the ten best dressed!laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 08:06 PM

What a lovely love story. I know you will embrace every minute. What a gift you have been given. Your profile acts were truly eloquent.

I am going to meet someone in Dallas in 18 days. I'm giddy like a school girl now. I hope for a happy ending such as yours.

I hope that you enjoy every moment...from today's sweet anticipation...to a happy relationship.
Good luck to you...flowers

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 07:37 PM
Thank you, dear, sweet Minglers! I'm so keyed up...I hope I can sleep. At the slight risk of over planning...I'm meeting her flight...I have a limo taking us from the airport to the hotel...I have Cristal on ice...I have one of my favorite restaurants delivering dinner in our suite...roses...music! Can't help it, folks, I'm a romantic!laugh Really, thank you all for your kind wishes...and allowing me to share our joy!flowers

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 06:32 PM
A few years ago i invested and started roasting my own beans...I love the aromas...grind them fresh every morning...voila...happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 06:26 PM

Now that I have your attention.......laugh laugh laugh

You're too funny...hmmm. Crack whores...I don't think they could have a union...I mean, imagine, who the hell do you trust to be treasurer? laugh

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 06:17 PM
I found my soul mate elsewhere...but I've made a few good friends here that I am coming to treasure.happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 06:11 PM
We go between Kansas, Washington, D.C. and Florida...trying to find the good weather! laugh
Seems like it's always good to see the next season...whether Winter, Summer, Spring or Fall!
I must admit I don't like driving in icy weather...Christmas in Kansas...then heading south!happy

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 04:56 PM

When your all dead and I'm surving in my underground bunker,you wont think I'm so crazy then will ya?

Yes

Gator76's photo
Mon 11/23/09 04:32 PM
I pick my battles...not wasting my time or energy on people who appear stupid or ignorant and want to rant about things insignificant! On the other hand, comments (not just in the small world of Mingle but elsewhere) that are simply unfair and unjust and perpetuate biases, bigotry hatred..yeah, there offensive...and they're worth standing up and fighting if necessary.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25