Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:03 PM
Started smoking in the Air Force...thought I'd die anyway, so pretty much did everything...But when I left Vietnam on April 29, 1972...I quit cold turkey. :wink: Like most...turned fanatically healthy in terms of food and exercise!happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 08:42 PM

I`m not a man-basher..but...I swear...the number of insincere men I have met on these sites....then...duuuuhh...it dawned on me.....they are single for a reason...yes....also works both ways...so hi to all you other losers out thrre

You do, indeed, speak for you...not for me! Good luck...sounds like you need it!:wink:

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 07:58 PM

idea for this post in one of her responses. What do you use as a litmus or acid test for one of your dates to see if the relationship is even worth pursuing?

Whether the person has more letters in her last name than the name of a typical Welsh village!
rofl rofl rofl Sorry, that was too easy.

Actually, for me it's whether she exudes that "Joie de Vivre" that turns me on.happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 07:45 PM

Love is a funny thing. You expect it to be easy. You expect it to be a world of roses and perfect moments that you find only in movies. You expect him to always say the right thing, and always know exactly how you feel, or exactly how to react to it. You expect her to calm you down when you’re yelling or to chase you when you run away. You expect so much that you feel entirely, and utterly defeated when something doesn’t exactly match up to all your plans. But that’s just it. Love isn’t a plan. It doesn’t have a certain beginning and it certainly has no end or visible finish line to those deeply in it. Love happens; it is so incredibly messy. People around you can’t comprehend why you do the things you do, or why you fight so hard for something that seems to cause you so much pain, because simply, they can’t see. They can’t see the invisible ring of insanity that surrounds you when you’re in love. It’s inconvenient and painful and devastating at times, but we can’t live without it. What you don’t learn is how hard love is. How much of ourselves we have to put into it. How it isn’t worth it until we are complete and utter idiots about it. Love isn’t her calming you down when you yell. It’s her yelling, just as loud, just as hard, right back at you, right in your face to wake us up and to keep you grounded. It isn’t her/him bringing you roses everyday or cute things that make your relationship appear more presentable. It’s after a long fight, that drains the life and bones right out of you both, and yet him showing up at your door the next morning anyway. It’s not her saying all the right things or knowing exactly how to handle you. So no, it’s not her caressing your hair and telling you everything is going to be alright. It’s her standing there, admitting she’s just as scared as you are. You have to remember that with love, you’re not the only one involved. You’re unknowingly putting your life, your heart into one another then breathing with trust and comfort.

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com

The best compliment a writer can give is to say, "I wish I had written that." :wink: We write about what we know,..and you have. One of the better posts I've read here. Sheer poetry...sheer wisdom. Thanks.

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 06:52 PM
Oh. My...How good is that? happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 05:45 PM

Why am i the only woman she said she didn't want to hear from????....
I'm the one who got stood up 2 out of 2 times from here. slaphead

You know I wouldn't stand you up :wink: And lots of other, too. You just ran into two losers.
Who knows why people - men and women - do things like this. Mental masturbation to even try and figure them out. Move on. You know you're worthy...that's what counts. flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 05:36 PM
You might, indeed, be inquisitive...but your question really says more about your caring nature.
So, this really is all about you now! My gosh, you're attractive, intelligent...looking at your profile...you have a lot to offer. You just need the right guy..this last one...wasn't. Press on. Good luck...
flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:06 PM

Why is it that a few shots seem to provide clarity?

"Yeah, officer, that's right...I was shootin' for CLARITY!"
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 03:51 PM

New lady on mingle, she is intelligent, beautiful, and my age. Why does she have to be over 14 hours away by car?!

Well, the way I look at it..if it gets to the stage where you're dying to see her...and vice versa...it's a seven-hour trip. 14 hours divided by two! That's why they call it a relationship! Good luck!
:wink:

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 12:47 PM
Decided that painful events and memories in my life...like the good ones...serve a purpose. So like a blackboard, I choose not to erase the bad times...they're precious few anyway, really...and help define who I am. They are like proud battle scars. I embrace every day...happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 11:50 AM
Hey, if it looks like a duck...walks like a duck...quacks like duck..You got yourself a duck! Something about this doesn't ring true...take care of you..If he was serious about you, I think he might have "done the right thing" according to you before now! Good luck!

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 11:17 AM
Whew...when I first read the question...thought I was back in the '50s or '60s!laugh
Man, so far down the list of variables to not even be a factor!

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 11:13 AM

Why are you making them heroes ?. They were either in Iraq or Afghanistan killing weak, poor and helpless peole . Is this heroism now ?!!!. Any one who serves in either Iraq or Afghanistan is a pure coward .

You're entitled to your opinion. I fought in a war for this country...to protect everyone's rights even those with whom I disagree. But, my friend, if you're going to engage in a debate...have your facts right...or I GUARANTEE, you'll lose! For the record, the two 21 year old HEROES had never been in combat before the shooting at Fort Hood. They each saved people..getting them to medical care quickly after the attack. War is ugly...I've been there....I know. But heroes abound...for a variety of reasons. Bone up on a lot..and you want a debate...I'll go toe to toe with you. :wink:

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:58 AM
Dwight Eisenhower? George Patton? Ulysses S. Grant? Oh, hell...not REALLY a General Poll!
laugh BTW, Drop this guy like a three-foot putt!

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:53 AM

Gator you must live in a very small town... The closest thing I've heard to that was a relative of mine's hairdresser was having an affair with my relative's husband, but the relative was having one as well with someone unknown so I don't see how she could get mad except by the betrayal of it being someone she know.. That said, I've never ever heard such stories at my hairdresser..

Yeah...small...Washington, DC laugh

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:50 AM

I agree with Gator. The eyes don't lie! No matter what is coming out of their mouths, the eyes are teliing the truth.

True...

Oooh, another foodie! I am making my homemade pesto today...from my own basil, EV olive oil, Reggiano Parmigiano , garlic and pine nuts...Pasta Tonight! Want to come?:wink:
Absolutely! What time?

Continental...8:30...but arrive early for Aperitifs! LOL

Is this an intimate tete-a-tete or can anybody join in? I'll contribute chocolate/Grand Marnier mousse. Can I get in with that? Huh? Huh? Can I? Can I?

It's a party! happy

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 08:50 AM
Most of us know the only place with more drama than in our own lives...is at your hair dresser!
laugh I couldn't write better stuff than what I've heard sitting in the chair getting a haircut. What's some of the funniest, most weird, off-the-wall stuff you've heard?

For starters...my hair dresser had an affair with the son of one of her best clients...who, in turn, was having an affair with my hair dresser's husband. noway

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 07:48 AM

2 questions,,,,

How did anyone know he was gay?
What was he actually arrested for(being gay is not illegal).

Serious?

Honey...gays are relatively easy to spot strictly through mannerisms.

As far as the arrest...I wasn't there...but, I would bet that the cops looked at the situation and figured it would be easier to arrest one gay (who Ain't gonna resist) as opposed to a group of mouthy belligerent drunks.

With all respect Krupa, my brother is gay and I am bi, so I disagree that you can spot them. People can discriminate because someone is gay and they can also discriminate against how someone carries themself(which is not an absolute correlation to their sexuality). As far as the arrest, it is BECAUSE I wasnt there that I asked the question of the one who was. I am curious what the actual charge was because it seems as if an arrest for being gay could be successfully contested and possibly followed by a civil suit.

I agree...oh, and Krupa, ever try to spot the gay NFL players?

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 07:11 AM

I agree with Gator. The eyes don't lie! No matter what is coming out of their mouths, the eyes are teliing the truth.

True...

Oooh, another foodie! I am making my homemade pesto today...from my own basil, EV olive oil, Reggiano Parmigiano , garlic and pine nuts...Pasta Tonight! Want to come?:wink:
Absolutely! What time?

Continental...8:30...but arrive early for Aperitifs! LOL

Gator76's photo
Sun 11/08/09 06:33 AM

True...