Community > Posts By > Spidercmb

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 07:09 PM
Edited by Spidercmb on Thu 06/07/12 07:21 PM
Bush should have never gone there. He put the lives of all those kids in danger and he's the president, not some celebrity to go around entertaining kids.

But yeah, that's a partisan and nasty thing for people to do.

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 05:55 PM
We're good. flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 11:13 AM
Edited by Spidercmb on Thu 06/07/12 11:44 AM

Wow is violent . . hmmm, never knew . . .

noway

It's as violent as Tom and Jerry and targeted at an older audience. The guy murdered 77 people! They have witnesses and his confession! Is digging through his gaming history really going to shore the case up? laugh

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 11:10 AM

Prosecutors: Killer Played World of Warcraft 7 Hours Per Day

Anders Breivik, the right-wing extremist who has confessed to killing 77 people during a murder spree in Norway last summer, played the violent computer game World of Warcraft nearly seven hours a day for several consecutive months before his attack, prosecutors say.

Breivik, 33, already known to have a long history with the online role-playing game, was particularly absorbed by it between November 2010 and February 2011, when he played for an average of 6 hours and 50 minutes per day, according to prosecutors.

So the guy plays a lot of World of Warcraft for six years, quits in February of 2011 and goes on a shooting spree 6 months later and somehow World of Warcraft is linked to his violence? What kind of logic is that? It's more likely that if Star Wars the Old Republic had launched in December of 2011, his shooting spree would have been delayed another 6 years.

Also does the word "violent" apply to World of Warcraft? I think "cartoony" would have been a better adjective.

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 10:53 AM
If you are trying to get visible abs (6 pack), then you have to reduce the amount of SAT ("subcutaneous adiposal tissue" aka "fat under your skin") in your abdominal region. The best way to do this is through diet and exercise. There is no way to target fat loss in a particular part of your body. You simply have to lose fat and keep losing until you get the desired look.

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 10:37 AM
Edited by Spidercmb on Thu 06/07/12 10:40 AM
Raw foods are full of anti-nutrients. Cats are stealthy and have claws to protect themselves from predators. Rabbits have long ears, sensitive noses and can run quickly to avoid predators. But plants can only sit there, so they have developed poisons to discourage their consumption. Oxalic acid, lectins, glycoalkaloids, phytates, various enzyme blockers, etc. These are all reduced or eliminated by cooking and fermenting. Eating raw foods fills your digestive tract with poisons that will prevent you from absorbing the nutrition you consume.

Fruits are basically poison free, they are made to be eaten. It's a symbiotic relationship. An animal eats the fruit and deposits the seeds and fertilizer someplace else. But vegetables, seeds, nuts and tubers are all filled with anti-nutrients to protect them from consumption. The spinach plant is not benefited by you eating it, neither is the potato or broccoli. Why would it be good for the walnut tree to have the walnuts eaten? That is how it reproduces! Where in nature is that species that encourages it's offspring to be eaten by predators? It doesn't exist.

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 10:20 AM

<---*Looks up and starts singing*

Spideyman, Spideyman,:banana:

Does whatever a spider can,:banana:

Spins a web, any size,:banana:

Catches thieves just like flies,:banana:

Look Outttttttttt!:banana:

Here comes the Spideyman.:banana:

That (replacing Spideyman with Spiderman) was the only lullaby I ever sang to my daughter. My memory for song lyrics is terrible, so I couldn't remember any others.

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 10:09 AM

I was reading about this today in a news paper. People lying about past experience to get a job.

My question is this, Have you ever lied on an application to get a job? And if you did, How did things turn out?

If the choice were Lie or Go Hungry, I would lie. I hope that I'm never in that situation.

As for lying on my resume, I've never done that.

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 09:47 AM
One of the most important lessons of Christianity is that people frequently will rebel against those things which are good for them. Starting in Genesis 3, this is a reoccurring theme throughout the Bible. If it were automatic for people to be thankful towards those who help them, we wouldn't have a proverb about it (Don't bite the hand that feeds you).

no photo
Thu 06/07/12 09:08 AM

It's not illegal to feed them. Its illegal to feed large numbers outside in the park. Parks are supposed to be family friendly places paid for by your good tax payers. Having large groups of homeless in the park can make things more dangerous, especially for children. Many homeless have some mental deficiency. I see where they are coming from. Just organize your charity elsewhere.

Yep. :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 07:57 AM

Scott Walker Spent 88% of the Money to Get 53% of the Vote

So do you think you should have the right to decide how other Americans spend their money? If not, why is this story interesting to you?
Interesting to me because it shows cleary how whoever spend the most usualy wins the election.

Really? I think that it shows that the most popular candidate receives the most donations.

no photo
Wed 06/06/12 06:57 AM

Scott Walker Spent 88% of the Money to Get 53% of the Vote

So do you think you should have the right to decide how other Americans spend their money? If not, why is this story interesting to you?

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 10:00 AM

The two main candidates are so close in policy as to be twins. The make believe difference just dont pan out when you look at the details. The only real change is Ron Paul.

There are some very important distinctions.

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 09:52 AM

I have principles too, I just don't consider my principles to be more valuable than the lives and happiness of every person on the planet.

In 2008, I refused to vote, because John McCain wasn't my candidate, I won't make that mistake again. John McCain wasn't the perfect candidate, but he would have been better for the country and the world than Obama. I refuse to fall into the trap of doing what is best for my ideology or my political party again. I will do what is best to prevent real suffering now, rather than hoping that politicians get a message from my vote or lack of vote.

Have you compared Romney to Obama? I have and the biggest difference between the two is their names! A vote for Romney is a vote for big oil, big pharmaceuticals, big mining, its a vote for anything big money. Neither Obama nor Romney care about the plight of this countries citizens, they only care about supporting big money.

I have no problem with companies that produce oil, drugs or mineral wealth. I'm fairly sure that Ron Paul feels the same way.

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 09:39 AM
I have principles too, I just don't consider my principles to be more valuable than the lives and happiness of every person on the planet.

In 2008, I refused to vote, because John McCain wasn't my candidate, I won't make that mistake again. John McCain wasn't the perfect candidate, but he would have been better for the country and the world than Obama. I refuse to fall into the trap of doing what is best for my ideology or my political party again. I will do what is best to prevent real suffering now, rather than hoping that politicians get a message from my vote or lack of vote.

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 08:09 AM
Every vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama. Don't kid yourselves, Romney has the GOP nomination tied up. If you don't vote Romney, that is just one less vote that Obama has to overcome to get his second term, with his secret deals with Russia and his dislike of Israel and his higher taxes and Obamacare and all manner of other craziness.

What is better for America: Romney as president or Obama's second term? Don't try to imagine what could happen in five years, we need to deal with the next four years. Will the next four years be better under Romney or Obama? If your answer is Obama, then you aren't paying attention.

no photo
Tue 06/05/12 07:34 AM
ReasonTV: Jonah Goldberg on 'The Tyranny of Cliches'

A great interview with Jonah Goldberg about his new book.

no photo
Mon 06/04/12 09:44 PM

Why do UFO's need lights on their crafts?

I think that you are assuming that UFOs are space aliens. They are probably nothing more exciting than secret aircraft.

no photo
Mon 06/04/12 09:42 PM

Do you believe we went to the moon?

Yes. If we hadn't, the Russians would have been (and still be) all over it.

Not logical. Why would our going to the moon discourage the Russians?

You misunderstand. The Russians were humiliated by the USA making it to the moon first. If we hadn't, they would know and they would stop at nothing to humiliate us.

no photo
Mon 06/04/12 08:11 PM

Do you believe we went to the moon?

Yes. If we hadn't, the Russians would have been (and still be) all over it.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25