Community > Posts By > solidform

no photo
Sat 11/24/12 11:27 PM

I'm real..and i expect you to be real...that's why i'm always asking to meet on cam...thank you.

yeah, I have done the same, but I don't even like to give out my email unless I really think the person is real. It would be great to meet someone in my city here or fairly close...it always seems that people close by don't respond so well and the ones that are far away do a but more but I have already had a few long distance relations and it is definitely a challenge,,even when you meet someone and it seems to be going great.
How do you feel about taking that chance with the email?? I mean,,if you have a secure password or change it often then I guess they could send you a lot of spam. I have known some members in the past that had their email hacked, and that is definitely not a good thing. I wonder if they might ever think about making it possible to have a cam interface here. Maybe one that had some kind of guidelines...I know, good luck.lol
;-}

no photo
Thu 02/17/11 11:18 PM
Edited by solidform on Thu 02/17/11 11:41 PM
I want to jump in here, I don't expect a response,,if yo do please be aware that I have been in this business over 30 years in all levels.
In Oregon State:
Corporate Employee
Independent Contractor
Sales Rep
Instructor State Certified by the board of education.
Manufacturer rep and educator/platform artist
so what am I?? I am a licensed Barber, Hairdreser, Estitician, Manicurist and Certified by Oregon Board of Education to teach all the above.

Ok..this Industry, is oversaturated, yet at this time there are more schools than ever. you can get federal aid, ussually you dont have to pay it back. for others there are student loans and of course some parents decide to pay the tuition.
first of all. what is the pay??? well it varies,,,there is no union that is active for us in Oregon. a Manager of a Corporate hairsalon,,an dI recently was one for 2 years solely to bring my wife at that time into the USA. the uscis does not look very fondly at self employment and they really go back far,,,for me ,,I took a very big leap..I got that corporate Manager job..what does it pay? I will be straight with you even though most wont. it pays minimum wage to sometimes 30 cents above.,.and yes I am talking about them all! in Oregon that comes to 8.40 per hour and usually told that you have to keep your hours between 35 and 40 a week. lol,,,if you are still reading this you could be thinking a lot of things..
Why is it so popular? simple deception...remember,,I worked at the school..I know what is said to new students,,by the way it costs for that full licsence excluding the teaching Certificate about 20,000 sometimes less but you will find that is usually not all the above.
why would you pay that much to make minimum wage?
why would the federal goverment use your tax dollars to put people in a program that will most likely put them right back on welfare or looking for another job entirely?
I have asked these questions many times and thought seriously what would happen if we could have a union? most salons dont have "unity" within the salon itself..let alone a group of salons all joining a common cause.
I have decided to go back to being self employed though I keep myself busy I have my own plans.
I am putting this in this thread because of the talk of incomes and unions..
I put this in here because I wish to raise the awareness of what is going on in a industry that is highly controlled,policed and yet berated and belittled in so many ways it is just sad.
average income 24,000 a year... on the high side it was rated at 35,000 a year. the low was 16,000 a year ( I don't believe any of it)
but I will do some more investigation,,and another statistic..how many have just quit and still owe the student loan...I know that about 5 out of ten cashiers I meet tell me they went to beauty school and they just couldn't believe what they ended up with from what they were told.
the price of a haircut here is less than it was 30 years ago.
there are always exceptions. I am referring to the norm.. the usual situation. lol,,,I will have to take the time to write a thread,,I don't because I don't believe that people really care. some do!,,but they are not the majority.
If I have surprised or even raised an eyebrow than yay! if not,,than I am not so surprised.
thank you for reading this lengthy post.

no photo
Thu 02/17/11 02:01 AM

Mucho smooches !

with great passion indeed!

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 10:31 PM

I got the ok to post the link...it is just some electric guitar and vocals that I came up with and my cluttered living room during the remodel. I play lots of different music this is just one part. I hope you enjoy it,,it is not "produced" but it was fun and I play as often as I can.
Cheers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsI6mS5ugvM

you might have to copy and paste,,,,it is just youtube so don;t worry.
Bettis
;-}

Thank You Luis!!! and it even made the link active when you reposted,,hope you liked it bro.
;-}

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 03:30 PM
I got the ok to post the link...it is just some electric guitar and vocals that I came up with and my cluttered living room during the remodel. I play lots of different music this is just one part. I hope you enjoy it,,it is not "produced" but it was fun and I play as often as I can.
Cheers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsI6mS5ugvM

you might have to copy and paste,,,,it is just youtube so don;t worry.
Bettis
;-}

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 01:51 AM

Anything you synthesize - The American dollar

(If you enjoy a wonderful attention capturing music video, check out the first video displayed on youtube for it.)

Please tell me....is it ok to post a link to videos here? or is it against the rules??? I have looked but I have not found a place here to do so.
Thank You
Solidform

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 01:46 AM
"Even in the Quietest Moments" ----- Supertramp

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 09:19 PM

I dont like people who blatantly lie and honestly expect that their audience is so stupid so as not to notice they’re lying. It kind of makes me wonder if it’s a total projective thing. Are they really that stupid to think we don’t all know they are lying?

did you have a bad experience ??

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 07:16 PM
Rock Bottom---------U F O

;-}}}}}

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 07:14 PM

Day

Walk or Run?

Walk

Slow Dance or Tango???

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 03:58 AM
Welcome Alex!! hope you have a great experience.
;-}

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 03:16 AM
Edited by solidform on Sun 02/13/11 03:29 AM
ok,,,,seriously,,,this is probably not to popular for me to say it,,,but everyone has a different threshold for what is "gross" ,,just like the avacado thing much to my dismay turned a few peoples tummys not so well,,,,anyway,,,,,,,there is a Comercial that I had heard but I often have the tv on and dont see it while I am online ,,,,well , this time I turned and saw the woman with the hole in her neck taking a big draw off the ciggarete...that was a image I wish I had not seen. I think that she was still even talking while she was smoking the cigarette about how it is so badly addictive!!,,,,so there it is ,,I said it,,and when I think about it I think it was meant to shock you so I suppose they did a good job of it.

remember "fear factor"??? there were a few things there that were gross, but really just seeing it didn;t bother me....I think if I was asked to go dive in that small pool of what were they??? dead eels?? anyway,,,that was pretty nasty for sure.

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:35 AM
I am soooooooooo freakin' bored
;-}}}}

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 11:38 PM
"Thursday's Child" ---------David Bowie.

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 10:18 PM

worlds of fun

Roller coaster or ferris wheel?

Ferris Wheel

ocean stroll or mountain hike?

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 03:25 AM

So I hit it off with a girl thats 10 years younger than me. Is this going to make me look like a lecherous freak in public?

I say follow your heart as long as you are talking about another Adult.
If you are compelled to ask the question then you may have to do some soul searching in your own mind,,,,in the end you will be the one that knows what is correct.
Cheers and hope it all works out.

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 02:48 AM

Would you want to?

I see these ads all over the place.

Me, I guess that's one area where I would say,"Just surprise me."

How about ya'll?

Would ya' wanna' know?

I already know. But for obvious reasons I can not say when. That just wouldn't be correct.

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 02:45 AM
" In a world of Dreams, how could It be so real?"
Bettis Shepherd

no photo
Fri 02/11/11 02:35 AM

no photo
Thu 02/10/11 11:12 PM
Edited by solidform on Thu 02/10/11 11:13 PM

Why is it that some of the most prolific writers sometimes stay so silent for so long?drinker

I know for some it can be a vow of silence.
Joel, You my friend are indeed a prolific Writer. It is kinda refreshing seeing familiar faces. Life is been very very good to you!
LOL,,,,I think maybe I am aging as the rest of us are getting younger! How can this be?? (rhetorical completely) ;-}

Previous 1 3 4 5