Community > Posts By > Caecius

Caecius's photo
Mon 06/23/08 06:54 PM
Ah, I see. More than likely, then, it means Judaism-based religions and not.

There are quite a few pagan religions that, instead of the man being first and then the woman being made second, typically from the man, have the woman first, which was used as symbology for the woman being the most important to life as they give life, even though few had a female deity as the supreme being.

Another difference is that the stars aren't typically created, but are actually the deity or the deities, obviously symbolizing them as superior as they were out of reach.

In most native American creation stories, the earth and later life, spawned from an animal, typically on that animals back. I wish I could correctly which native tribe it was, but they believed the world was all water, and there was a giant tortoise in the sea which no longer wanted to live in the sea; it wanted to breathe air and interact with the (I believe) seagulls. The back of the tortoise was called the earth as seagulls dropped the seeds of life on its back, and the seeds took root and grew into the plants and animals, ad nauseum.

Some of the religions that existed during the Classical time period (think Ancient Greece), the head of the local pantheon created the mortal world explicitly out of boredom with the other lesser deities, sometimes involving a bet, and were tempted and toyed with shortly after their creation for the pantheon's amusement.

The two non-Judaism that are the most similar to Judaism, creation, crucifixion, resurrection, et al, are the Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Greek, Babylonian, and Hinduism.

Caecius's photo
Mon 06/23/08 06:30 PM
Depends on what you mean by "Western" and "non-Western," really. Does Western include the many, many pagan religions that existed long before Judaism? What about the natives that live in what is now called "America?" The Judaism based religions, at any rate, are Mid-Eastern, not Western even if that is where they seem to have gained the most popularity.

Caecius's photo
Tue 02/12/08 02:42 PM
Of course they do; after all, males were the ones in the places of power, and what better way to keep the power than to create a powerful, spiteful male deity that declares females less than men to keep that power?

@MirrorMirror: So, basically, they don't know what they believe in, so they just make it so that they "believe" in what they want to believe, especially since human traits are things like "loving" and "just" and "omnipotent?"

Caecius's photo
Wed 09/19/07 08:12 PM
They say that through lack of historical record as well as the many similarities between the previous religions of the areas occupied by Jews, as well as the non-agreement between WHEN Jesus existed and died.

The calendar created by the Church isn't the only calendar, after all. The Chinese calendar was established well before Christ's supposed birth and didn't change after his supposed death. Time also isn't revolving around us and how we measure it. Calendars are merely a relativistic measurement with our placement in the solar system.

Caecius's photo
Tue 09/11/07 03:31 PM
Eh? Isn't that part of what scouting is? Trying to figure out what the other team is going to do and how they do it? They had a chance to figure those things out, put it in a format they could go back to easily when they play them again, and they took it. Professional baseball teams look to steal the signs from the other team. Is that cheating, as well? I see those two things as equal, as even if they don't video record it, they could still write down the signs.

Caecius's photo
Sat 08/11/07 12:40 PM
I agree, Autumn, that it is quite possible that they will do such a thing, especially if some group is going to make (lots of) money off of doing it.

PMS:
How is it sick? How is it more sick than doing the same for the Titanic? The people on the Titanic didn't choose to be killed or to be rammed into an iceberg. There's always a chance a building is going to get collapsed or "terrorized" just like there is always a chance a ship is going to crash or/and sink. The people chose to be in the buildings and the airplanes as much as the people chose to be in the Titanic knowing full well the risks involved, or they at least should have known. The difference between the two? One has happened in recent memory and the other has not.

Caecius's photo
Wed 05/23/07 01:46 PM
Isn't a chicken in the egg in the first place? Or is the embryo in my
friend's sister's womb not a human? If, the embryo is indeed human,
then the "yolk" of the egg would indeed be a chicken, therefore making
it so they came at the same time, since the chicken exists at the same
time as the egg while being in the egg.

Otherwise...I'd say the egg since other creatures on the earth lay eggs.

Caecius's photo
Tue 05/22/07 02:12 PM
Naturally, we can not. If we don't know what something is, how can we
possibly extrapolate what it thinks based on the writings of fallible
entities? Similarly, we don't know what unicorns or aliens think of us.