Community > Posts By > medic132

medic132's photo
Fri 07/17/09 10:11 PM
How do you tell someone that you are not interested in them without being hurtful?

medic132's photo
Fri 07/17/09 10:11 PM
How do you tell someone that you are not interested in them without being hurtful?

medic132's photo
Fri 07/17/09 07:36 PM
Edited by medic132 on Fri 07/17/09 07:38 PM
To Keith 1916

Well, good on you for being "adaptable"! I admire that although i am not quite so liberal myself!

medic132's photo
Fri 07/17/09 07:35 PM
Edited by medic132 on Fri 07/17/09 07:42 PM
To mscherbear

What a sweetheart! Thanks so much. I think a lot of it is attitude though. I can be patient as I am not going to settle for less than what I deserve. I want it all: someone to laugh and have fun with, someone that can keep up with me mentally (I can be pretty mental at times!), someone that has integrity of character and their convictions, someone who values friends and family...

Thanks for the encouragement! :} You look awesome too! Gorgeous!

medic132's photo
Fri 07/17/09 07:29 PM
Edited by medic132 on Fri 07/17/09 07:40 PM
To Ladylid2012

Loved your answer! Not sure if that's for me - I'll have to think on it but you made me laugh! Thanks! Corinne

medic132's photo
Thu 07/16/09 10:57 PM
HELP!!

And about the much older guys that are interested...
I feel badly and don't want to be rude. I try and turn them down politely and treat them as I would like to be treated. I am not sure there is any easy way to say no thanks. Any advice on this, guys?

medic132's photo
Thu 07/16/09 10:55 PM
To onionkidpoe:
Good grief!!! Over 30 years old? I wouldn't even consider it! My daughter is older than that! I respect your input and thank you for your opinion though!

To Eddiea:

Good on you for taking the high road. Nice to hear of a guy doing that. I really admire and respect you and hope that she appreciated your consideration. I have to agree - by the time we are a little older, we all have baggage and are messed up to some degree. I know I am although I am trying hard to move forward.

Interesting observation about complete honesty. I do agree that you have to be upfront about the "essentials. As per my other forum, that is why I would I am quite content with the 10% of men that Billy quoted would only be interested in me after they read the last line of my profile. What is the point of being together with someone that doesn't share my values? I know that I firstly need to be honest with myself and not try to be someone else. Shows a lack of integrity, is too much work, doesn't feel good and ends up wasting everyone's time.

Also, I think that sometimes too much, too soon can be a turn off. Maybe get to know someone a little before everything comes out.

To Alzheimer: Thanks so much. Good advice. I guess I will have to evaluate each situation as it presents itself.

Thanks again for the input guys. 'ppreciate it! :}

medic132's photo
Wed 07/15/09 04:11 AM
You're right. I am not in a hurry. I am not going to delete the ending because that is who I am and I don't play games pretending to be someone that I am not. Better to be upfront right away. I am not interested in attracting men that do not share my values.

medic132's photo
Wed 07/15/09 03:55 AM
What do you you guys think about being with a chick that is a few years older than you? Seems I get a fair amount of interest from guys 45+ and I am not sure if it should even be an issue. Maybe I should just go for it! I guess because I work with so many guys that are younger than me, I have trouble considering someone that is much older. Just wanting your perspectives...

medic132's photo
Wed 07/15/09 03:44 AM
I have edited it a bit so that it is easier to read. Thanks for the suggestions. I just about fell off my chair laughing when I read your comments about my "MingSu". I am surprised that someone didn't reply "Oh, is THAT what she calls it!" I was going to write that I didn't see that one coming at all and realized that would only be worse! I will have to send an elevator down to that pit I am digging! I work with a lot of guys so am surprised that that one got by me. One for the home team! I have lots of comments that I could make but I won't...Thanks so much again. Corinne

medic132's photo
Wed 07/15/09 03:34 AM
:smile: Thanks for the input and constructive criticism. I hope it reads better now.

medic132's photo
Mon 07/13/09 11:26 PM
Edited by medic132 on Mon 07/13/09 11:26 PM
Let's face it - you guys think differently than us ladies. So, that in mind, I would appreciate some constructive advice as to my profile, and (take a BIG breath here!) my photos! Thanks for your time! :smile: