Community > Posts By > luc05kay06

luc05kay06's photo
Fri 06/05/09 11:52 PM
So does my ex husband.

Not kidding.

But in a platonic way. He wants to befriend every Asian man he meets.

luc05kay06's photo
Fri 06/05/09 11:44 PM
Not to add fuel to the fire or anything, but did you just reply to him to tell him you're not going to reply to him?

And really - this thread may not be meant for sarcasm, but a lot of people are sarcastic so you're going to run into it on a public forum, no matter what the topic.

luc05kay06's photo
Fri 06/05/09 11:33 PM
Black yoga pants. A white tank top.

luc05kay06's photo
Fri 06/05/09 05:51 PM

We've been hit hard.. It's hard affording to live here even before that...

Ugh, tell me about it. I'm in the Bay Area and boy oh boy - not always easy.

I understand that too.

The problem is that there are a whole lot of people passing up on a whole lot of other very good people just because there might be one or two minor things " off " about them that make them not perfect for them.

As my screen name indicates, I am not anyone's idea of Prince Charming. I am just a guy. I'm not now, nor have I ever been, anyone's idea of " perfect for " them.

But I am a damn good man.

But because I'm not " perfect " for anyone so far, being a good man means f**k all.

I think that's kind of pessimistic. Everyone has at least a few things that they consider perfect in a mate. That could be 3 qualities, or 33 qualities. Different for everyone. And if you want to, you'll find someone who meets all of the ones you have eventually. Someday. Maybe not by the time you're 25, but if you put in the effort and look in the right places, you will. And the person or people that you could be perfect for, will find you, provided they put in that effort. That doesn't guarantee that you'll both match up as each others' "perfect" though. That's what takes a little more work, but eventually, it CAN happen.

Prncs also made a good point - when you meet someone that just gets you, and you click with, they don't necessarily have to be your perfect. You overlook things that you wouldn't with someone who maybe you didn't click with as quickly.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:23 PM

I am at the point where I don't even want to go out... I don't want to talk, do the niceties, etc. I don't feel like I can even like someone or meet someone I'd like enough to want to spend time with them.. I'm trying to figure out why but can't... I miss that liking someone feeling but just don't have it... ohwell

I could have written that myself. I know exactly what you're saying.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:21 PM

I think the problem with women is that they are physically attracted to the kind of men that would just want to sleep around. The genuine guys aren't sexy enough or mysterious enough looking. Women, like men in a lot of ways, want to have their cake and eat it, too...the macho guy with the sweet side who doesn't want to have quick sex.

Probably a bit of truth to that.

I wonder if the "sexy enough" men are used to getting sex when they want it with nearly whomever they want, and that's why they expect it. Yet the "genuine" guys who aren't "sexy enough" don't have the experience and ability, so they've learned to seek out other things in a woman and for lack of a better term, take what they can get.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:15 PM
Having been married, and also been in other relationships, I have a very clear idea of what I do and don't want. I honestly have a hard time dating someone if they aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I feel like it isn't worth the hassle of having to worry about someone else that I don't have to worry about (like my kids) and that may not be around forever. I definitely don't think I'm picky, or overly selective but I do have a few requirements that at this point I'm not budging on. Maybe in time that will change, but right now I'm not going to compromise. I don't think it's always necessary in general, but especially not right now (for me). I don't need to be with someone. I don't need a relationship. If it takes me a few years to find what I'm looking for, I'm okay with that. No rush. I'm just focusing on myself and my children.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:07 PM
I'd like to think so. I'm very open. I have a high sex drive. I love to experiment, but not to the point where I have ADD in the sack. I don't hold back when I'm enjoying myself. I won't try to make you think I'm enjoying what you're doing if I'm not. I'll give helpful instruction without making you feel inadequate, and I'll take your instruction as well with no hard feelings. I'm not all about myself. I definitely give, and I do so without sacrificing my own needs. I know when to give and when to take. Lastly, I don't do things I know my partner won't be comfortable with just because I know that I would enjoy it. We should both be comfortable, and I like plenty of things, so there are always other options.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 08:41 PM
Edited by luc05kay06 on Thu 06/04/09 08:44 PM
Nothing wrong with waiting or being selective. Lots of men and women, of all ages, are the same way. And a lot aren't. There's nothing wrong with that either if they're safe about it. Just means they're looking for something else. If a man isn't willing to wait, I'd bet he doesn't have feelings for you, but rather a completely physical attraction. Nothing more, nothing less.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 11:29 AM
Lilac cotton nightgown with white lace trim. And bright pink fuzzy slippers.

luc05kay06's photo
Thu 06/04/09 12:17 AM
I think it becomes a challenge to make him want you. A mission. And they're convinced it'll happen, and then all will be right. They need to feel wanted, and who better to get that feeling from than someone who once didn't? Must mean they're "something" if they can change his mind.

Or at least that'd be my guess for those who KNOW he isn't into them.

I think a lot of women are just truly oblivious though. Forgetting that with men, you don't need to read into every little detail. What you see is what you get. Like the poster who said something about how he must love you if he can get that angry with you... Women tend to think about all the little details and over analyze everything, and often complain that men don't pick up the signals we try to send off. So yeah, I think it's just part of that... Assuming/hoping/wishing out of desperation, lack of self esteem, and loneliness he must really mean something other than what he's displaying on the surface.

luc05kay06's photo
Tue 06/02/09 09:55 PM
I'd like to repost that on my blog, giving credit to the original author if you could share that?

I was nodding my head the entire time.

I'm 22 and divorced, and have 2 kids. Definitely limits my options when it comes to men. Seems as though the only men who aren't scared off by those things are men who are either divorced and/or have children.

It sucks because me being divorced is truly not my own fault. Had I known it wasn't going to last, I certainly wouldn't have gotten married. What a waste of money lol. Paying off the wedding long after the divorce was final. But really, I wasn't the one to bail and the whole thing came as a complete shock to me. Yet now I walk around with that big "I failed" sign on my back. Even though I know that a lot of marriages end in divorce, and that a divorce is really no different than a normal break up, which also happens all.the.time. and nobody so much as bats an eyelash.

There's definitely a social stigma, and it can be tough to deal with.

luc05kay06's photo
Tue 06/02/09 09:42 PM

there is a difference between saying someone doesn't like someone and why vs saying someone should follow in the footsteps of assassinated presidents vs saying I want to kill this person.

if this article IS a notice saying he wants to kill or someone else to kill...then that could go to premeditation or to incite...and I would want to wait until it happens to do something. as well as it could just be saying he isn't happy with BHO. this shouldn't have been printed because it's unclear. it is not the same or handle the same as someone clearly posting a death threat

I pretty much agree with what you've been saying.

luc05kay06's photo
Mon 06/01/09 11:54 PM
I have to say I do agree partly/mostly/whatever with Thug. Go with how you feel. Don't over think it. If you love someone right now, for what and who they are, then you love them. They could later change and you may end up falling out of love with them consequently. Or maybe some big dark secret that will come out that will change how you feel about them. But the "what if" is no reason to keep such a strong feeling and emotion to yourself. Those situations happen to people in 25 year long marriages all the time. Things just happen. Life just happens. And it doesn't change how you felt once upon a time, or make those past feelings any less valid.

luc05kay06's photo
Mon 06/01/09 11:49 PM

If you want to have a honest relationship with someone doesn't that require being honest about the feelings you have?

Telling someone you love them is relative to how both of you define love.

Unfortuneately the word is pretty generic and means many different things to people. Seems wise to me to give a relationship enough time to know how the person you have feelings for defines it?

What would seem more important is do you know how the person will react to you having such serious feelings?

Just because you have a feeling doesn't require that you share it.

So maybe instead of using the word love, you (in a general sense) can describe what you're feeling in detail. Because that is a good point, the word love means different things to different people.

luc05kay06's photo
Mon 06/01/09 10:41 PM
Say it whenever you're sure it's how you feel and you're comfortable saying it. It can be risky, but you're the only who can decide if the risk is worth it.

luc05kay06's photo
Mon 06/01/09 10:19 PM

Doesn't matter if it was a joke. It's against the law to threaten the president.

Agreed

luc05kay06's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:06 AM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/18/rancher-cleared-in-rights-case/
A federal jury in Tucson ruled Tuesday that an Arizona rancher did not violate the civil rights of 16 Mexican nationals he stopped after they sneaked illegally into the United States, but awarded $78,000 in actual and punitive damages on claims of assault and the infliction of emotional distress.

The jury of four men and four women returned the verdict Tuesday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Tucson after a day and a half of deliberation. The jury, after a nine-day trial, also threw out charges of false imprisonment, battery and conspiracy against Douglas, Ariz., rancher Roger Barnett.

In a case that generated national outrage over the ability of Americans to stop illegal immigrants, most of the award - about $60,000 - was for punitive damages.

The illegal immigrants, five women and 11 men, had sought $32 million in actual and punitive damages - $2 million each - in a lawsuit brought by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF). The allegations were based on a March 7, 2004, incident in which Mr. Barnett approached a group of illegal immigrants while he patrolled his ranch carrying a gun and accompanied by his dog.

luc05kay06's photo
Sun 05/31/09 11:29 PM
Edited by luc05kay06 on Sun 05/31/09 11:30 PM

Arizona's constitution states:

35. Actions by illegal aliens prohibited
Section 35. A person who is present in this state in violation of federal immigration law
related to improper entry by an alien shall not be awarded punitive damages in any action
in any court in this state.

Punitive damages are in criminal case this is a civil case.

That piece of constitution doesn't specify criminal or civil, but in the case being discussed, they are suing for punitive damages.

"Trial continues Monday in the federal lawsuit, which seeks $32 million in actual and punitive damages for civil rights violations, the infliction of emotional distress and other crimes."

So it does seem as though you can sue for punitive damages in a civil case, right? Because that's what this is? Or am I a complete moron here?

luc05kay06's photo
Sun 05/31/09 11:23 PM
My daughter and my mom said it to me :)

Previous 1 3 4