Community > Posts By > Rapunzel

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/26/09 01:17 AM

biggrin :banana: biggrin Very nice tag mum! I like it and may use it if that is okay with you...

GBU! flowers

drinker oh of course happy dear Love flowers ..post these happy on your profile drinker

flowerforyou any of these graphics are yours :heart: to use anyway you see fit flowerforyou

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/26/09 01:11 AM

Beautiful posts. Thank you for sharing, sister. happy

flowers oh you are very welcome Clay drinker You are a real Sweetheart flowers

flowerforyou it has been very nice getting acquainted with you in emails flowerforyou

:thumbsup: you are so polite & courteous , a rarity these days in young men :thumbsup:

:angel: please stop by anytime & grace us with your presence :angel:

:thumbsup: There are also some very lovely ladies who frequent this thread :thumbsup:

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/26/09 01:05 AM

flowerforyou Also thanking our British drinker and other allies backing us flowerforyou

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/26/09 01:04 AM

Harry Patch, the last survivor of World War I to fight in the trenches, has died.He passed away this morning at a care home in Somerset, aged 111.The home released a statement which read: "It is with much sadness that we must announce the death of Mr Harry Patch.

Funeral arrangements are being made in accordance with Mr Patch's wishes, and we wish to extend our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and the residents and staff of Fletcher House."

Mr Patch was a machine-gunner in the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry and fought during the Battle of Passchendaele, in Ypres, which claimed the lives of more than 70,000 soldiers.

He became Britain's oldest man when another veteran of the war, Henry Allingham, died a week ago.

Henry Allingham (6 June 1896 – 18 July 2009)

Cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women was Henry Allingham's tongue in cheek recipe for his long life, which crossed over three centuries.

He was born in east London in June 1896 and brought up by his mother and grandparents following the death of his father, from TB, in 1897.

After leaving school he obtained a job as a trainee surgical instrument maker but quickly moved into the motor trade where he worked building car bodies.

In 1914 he tried to join the Army as a despatch rider but his mother, who was ill, persuaded him to stay at home and nurse her.

She died a few months afterwards, age 42, and Henry, who later remembered feeling completely alone and with no purpose in life, joined the fledgling Royal Naval Air Service as a mechanic.

After his training he was posted to Great Yarmouth, where he maintained sea planes involved in anti submarine patrols in the North Sea and acted as an air gunner in operations to counter German Zeppelins.

He was drafted on to HM trawler Kingfisher which headed north, in May 1916, as part of the British force sent to intercept the German High Seas Fleet at Jutland.

In what became the only major naval battle of the war, the British lost 14 ships and more than 6,000 lives, but the German fleet never again threatened to put to sea against the Royal Navy.

Allingham later recalled watching shells flying across the sea. "There were a lot of dud shells and that saved us from a lot of harm."

In 1917 he was posted to the Western Front where the RNAS was tasked with supporting squadrons of the Royal Flying Corps which was operating sorties over the battlefields of the Somme.

He found himself in the trenches where he was ordered to neutralise the booby trapped bombs left behind by the retreating German soldiers.

He later recalled being up to his armpits in water with the smell of mud and rotting flesh all around him.

In November 1917 he was posted to an aircraft recovery depot at Dunkirk where he stayed for the remainder of the war. Even here, behind the lines, he was subject to German bombing raids and shellfire from the sea.

Six months later he was transferred to the newly formed Royal Air Force after the merger of the RFC and the naval air service.

After his discharge from the RAF he went to work for the Ford Motor Company where he remained until he retired.

His engineering expertise was called into use again in World War II where he worked on a project designed to neutralise German magnetic mines.

Since 1918 he had buried his memories of the war, avoiding reunions and refusing to discuss the subject with his family.

He never forgot the sacrifice of his comrades who failed to return

But, in 2005, he was persuaded to unveil an RAF memorial in France and he decided it would have been disrespectful to his former comrades to refuse.

For the remainder of his life he was tireless in attending commemorative events, including the 90th anniversary of the Somme, and regularly spoke to schoolchildren about his wartime experiences.

On his visit to the Somme in 2006 he was asked how he wanted to be remembered. "I don't," he said, "I want to be forgotten. Remember the others." .............. They too fought for our freedom Rest In Peace and thank you.
flowers flowers flowers

Amen ..:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Rapunzel's photo
Sat 07/25/09 10:39 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sat 07/25/09 10:49 PM

Harry Patch, the last survivor of World War I to fight in the trenches, has died.He passed away this morning at a care home in Somerset, aged 111.The home released a statement which read: "It is with much sadness that we must announce the death of Mr Harry Patch.

Funeral arrangements are being made in accordance with Mr Patch's wishes, and we wish to extend our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and the residents and staff of Fletcher House."

Mr Patch was a machine-gunner in the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry and fought during the Battle of Passchendaele, in Ypres, which claimed the lives of more than 70,000 soldiers.

He became Britain's oldest man when another veteran of the war, Henry Allingham, died a week ago.

Henry Allingham (6 June 1896 – 18 July 2009)

Cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women was Henry Allingham's tongue in cheek recipe for his long life, which crossed over three centuries.

He was born in east London in June 1896 and brought up by his mother and grandparents following the death of his father, from TB, in 1897.

After leaving school he obtained a job as a trainee surgical instrument maker but quickly moved into the motor trade where he worked building car bodies.

In 1914 he tried to join the Army as a despatch rider but his mother, who was ill, persuaded him to stay at home and nurse her.

She died a few months afterwards, age 42, and Henry, who later remembered feeling completely alone and with no purpose in life, joined the fledgling Royal Naval Air Service as a mechanic.

After his training he was posted to Great Yarmouth, where he maintained sea planes involved in anti submarine patrols in the North Sea and acted as an air gunner in operations to counter German Zeppelins.

He was drafted on to HM trawler Kingfisher which headed north, in May 1916, as part of the British force sent to intercept the German High Seas Fleet at Jutland.

In what became the only major naval battle of the war, the British lost 14 ships and more than 6,000 lives, but the German fleet never again threatened to put to sea against the Royal Navy.

Allingham later recalled watching shells flying across the sea. "There were a lot of dud shells and that saved us from a lot of harm."

In 1917 he was posted to the Western Front where the RNAS was tasked with supporting squadrons of the Royal Flying Corps which was operating sorties over the battlefields of the Somme.

He found himself in the trenches where he was ordered to neutralise the booby trapped bombs left behind by the retreating German soldiers.

He later recalled being up to his armpits in water with the smell of mud and rotting flesh all around him.

In November 1917 he was posted to an aircraft recovery depot at Dunkirk where he stayed for the remainder of the war. Even here, behind the lines, he was subject to German bombing raids and shellfire from the sea.

Six months later he was transferred to the newly formed Royal Air Force after the merger of the RFC and the naval air service.

After his discharge from the RAF he went to work for the Ford Motor Company where he remained until he retired.

His engineering expertise was called into use again in World War II where he worked on a project designed to neutralise German magnetic mines.

Since 1918 he had buried his memories of the war, avoiding reunions and refusing to discuss the subject with his family.

He never forgot the sacrifice of his comrades who failed to return

But, in 2005, he was persuaded to unveil an RAF memorial in France and he decided it would have been disrespectful to his former comrades to refuse.

For the remainder of his life he was tireless in attending commemorative events, including the 90th anniversary of the Somme, and regularly spoke to schoolchildren about his wartime experiences.

On his visit to the Somme in 2006 he was asked how he wanted to be remembered. "I don't," he said, "I want to be forgotten. Remember the others."

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

flowerforyou Stopping by

drinker to honor the lives of Harry Patch and Henry Allingham drinker

Rapunzel's photo
Sat 07/25/09 04:27 PM

Rapunzel's photo
Sat 07/25/09 04:06 PM

it was soo nice flowerforyou

to finally get to Speak with you Sweetie flowers

i just knew your voice would be deep ! :wink:

drinker thank you soo much for calling drinker

Now we can put the proper voices to these posts :banana:

and sense the passion or lack of it :wink:

depending on what we are talking about drinker

when reading the words we type flowerforyou

and also :wink:

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 10:36 PM

(( Baby, nobody dances better than the king.!!))

noway he is NOT my King noway

frown never was & never will be frown

huh he was completely overrated huh

ill and disgusting in his dance moves ill

I second the motion in that Elvis was not and is not my King, either. The Lord Jesus is. But Elvis did acknowledge in his Gospel shows that he may have been called the king of rock'n'roll, but he wanted to worship the true King in his music. I admire and adore that, because most famous people nowadays do not acknowledge where their gifts and talents came from.

flowerforyou Hallelujah Clay drinker Praise the Lord drinker Jesus is my Lord & King flowerforyou

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile Wow ..well, i am so happy bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

drinker that he acknowledged Jesus Christ :angel: as his Lord and Savior ..drinker

bigsmile I'll cut him some slack then now bigsmile

noway but not toooo much though noway

ill cause he still was gross whoa & disgusting shocked in his dance moves ill

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 10:09 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Fri 07/24/09 10:13 PM

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 09:49 PM

(( Baby, nobody dances better than the king.!!))

noway he is NOT my King noway

frown never was & never will be frown

huh he was completely overrated huh

ill and disgusting in his dance moves ill

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 09:17 PM

What do you think is the best Godly way to find a good mate? Should we pray and wait? Or, should we multiple date? Or...none of the above?

:angel: I pray and pray for the right man to come along :angel:

but all the wrong ones comes around ///huh

for instance ... :thumbsup:

there are so many handsome young virile men

in their twenties & 30's who hit up on me

on a regular basis & send me kisses

and hugs & winks all day and night

i always tell them thank you , but

they need someone closer to their own age ...

i have no interest in dating a young man

as old as my handsome Son

and it is soo funny cause many of the older men

have hit on me too ...ones i thought were my friends

but things they say in the threads make me go the other way

and when i let them know i am not interested & reject them

then they get all rude & make nasty comments trying to put me down

under the guise of humor cause they cannot handle rejection

& then they try to make a move on someone young & naive huh

to save their flimsy egos huh huh huh

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 08:06 PM
congratulations ? ...oh please ill

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 06:26 PM

It is my pleasure and honor honey.

I gotta chuckle as I recall the irony....

For some reason I think of "Opposites attract and Like polarities repel"....I think that when we first met...we both repelled each other cause we both have quite a few similarities.....and people like us WILL be right. Niether of us would back down. In retrospect...I guess I just wanted to be right...

But, ya know....I need to just be more apprecieative of enjoying the company of my equals.

You are a good hearted soul.

I hope we can let the past lay behind and fade away with our footsteps.

Peace

Eric

oh that is so profound & very observant laugh

and i have to agree that it is soo true blushing

I am a feisty protective defensive smokin

Italian Sicilian Mountain Lion of a Woman :wink: drinker :thumbsup:

& suffering from menopause big time now sad

& with a history of cancer in my immediate family frown

I am not too excited about taking hormonal therapy noway

& for many reasons being widowed twice tears tears tears

& raising three children basically alone flowerforyou

& fending for myself for so long drinker

and not having the money sad

to get out of nasty crime ridden neighborhoods devil

yet i have a heart that is so tender & true :heart:

and has got to be bigger than the Grand Canyon blushing

i have sent you a broken arrow of peace :heart:

along with another friend request flowerforyou

& my phone number in case you'd like to chat :wink:

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 05:47 PM

Baby....BDU is Battle Dress Uniform...you know...camos.

awww...thank you Sweetheart ..flowers

the best thing that has come from this thread so far drinker

is that you & i are closer & reaching deeper communication blushing

thank you so much ..it means so much to me :cry:

and aside from that flowerforyou

would be good care for our Veterans drinker

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 04:14 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Fri 07/24/09 04:19 PM

Rapunzel's photo
Fri 07/24/09 03:59 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Fri 07/24/09 04:09 PM

It is difficult to know exactly win right will prevail....

Ican tell you if you are a believer you have nothing to worry about.

Sometime soon the great tribulation will manifest itself

and we will all taken up.

:smile: The best thing that we can do at this point,

is continue to do what is right.

yes, thank you..that is somewhat comforting flowerforyou

but it is so hard to wait for justice to prevail sad

& it is just so soo painful to witness such foul corruption noway

when so many evil entities are running wild pitchfork

getting rewarded for their hell bent corruption explode

and so many good people are going without tears

watching this all unfold is so hard to take sad

waiting & waiting & waiting :cry: for the tables to finally turn tears