Community > Posts By > Rapunzel

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 11:07 PM

our economy was great, because it was based on an abundance of good paying manufacturing jobs. with the implementation of the global free trade agreements, those jobs were unceremoniously exported to the third world, where the wages are a tiny fraction of here. corp. profits explode, while american real wages have stagnated, or fallen. it took a while, but we reached the tipping point,where incomes didn't meet rising prices, and the defaults began. we cannot have the economy that we had before as a service economy. the ones who produce the goods are the ones with the power. after ww2, we had most of the global factories, every one else was bombed into oblivion. so the 50's, and 60's were a magical time for us. but as manufacturing was being rebuilt in the rest of the world, we didn't care. so we weren't worried when the first agreements started, more markets for our products, right? but when we rolled over for china, that was the end, we just didn't realize it. so, until we repeal these unpatriotic laws, no president can do much. my father didn't graduate from high school, but found a job as a machinist, and made a very good living. his job is in china now. thankfully he didn't live to see it. can an individual make enough to raise a family now, without a diploma? don't bet on it. a degree isn't even a guarantee.

well said and I'm glad there are still people around who can think.

Read this article:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/De-Dollarization-Dismantl-by-Dr-Michael-Hudson-090615-96.html

tears it is soo soo tragic tears

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 09:53 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 09:54 PM

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 09:50 PM

its hard to support soldiers who kill women an children in Iraq.

War is hell. There is no way around it and innocents do get killed. I cannot hold the soldier responsible, soldiers do not start or order wars. The responsible parties are the politicians. Soldiers do what they are told to do and if they don't they aren't in the military anymore.

Soldiers fight for this country be this country right or wrong at the whim of the politicians. Lay the blame where it belongs.

Suppport the soldiers, bring them home!!!!!

drinker Amen ..flowerforyou thank you Dragoness drinker

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 09:34 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 09:38 PM

its hard to support soldiers who kill women an children in Iraq.

Dare Greatly drinker

It is not the critic who counts; noway
nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, huh
or where the doer of deeds could have done better.frown

The credit belongs to the man smokin
who is actually in the arena; drinker :
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; smokin
who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again ohwell

because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; noway
who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; :thumbsup:
who spends himself in a worthy cause; :angel:
who at best knows in the end, smokin
the triumph of high achievement;drinker
and who at worst, if he fails,whoa
at least fails while daring greatly; :thumbsup:
so that his place shall never be noway
with those cold and timid souls scared
who know neither victory nor defeat. ill

~ Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 09:24 PM

I'm with you all the way on this Nessa!!flowers

I always thank any military people I see on the street

or while traveling, especially in the airports..

I've seem many a tear come to their eyes

when I thank them.. Its never said enough....flowerforyou

flowerforyou you're soo right flowerforyou <<< Carole >>> flowerforyou

drinker It is so rewarding to thank a Military Man or Woman or a True Honorable Veteran drinker

:heart: They are soo appreciative drinker & soo worthy drinker of our love & gratitiude :heart:

tears it is impossible for the emotion :cry: to not sad well up :cry: inside and stream out tears

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 09:19 PM

I just wanted to say thanks oh so much for posting this. I am a sister of a brother who is in the navy and a brother who is in the Air Force.

drinker thanks for stopping by < Kelly Rose > drinker

smokin and thanks greatly drinker to your Brother drinker in the Air Force smokin

drinker & thank you also smokin to Your Sailor smokin who is in the Navy drinker

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 08:34 PM

The only reason Obama would fail is due to being handed a big mess when he came into office. And in that case any president would have failed so it would not have matter who it was.

That's becoming a lame excuse. Everybody knows he got a mess on his hands and he wasn't the creator, the whole point of the article is that his strategy isn't working so far.

flowers drinker flowerforyou drinker flowers Hail Atlantis flowers drinker flowerforyou drinker flowers

Hi hon! :smile: flowerforyou flowerforyou

drinker drinker

I got something for you.

:banana: awww...blushing blushing blushing You are soo smokin Cool !!! :banana:

flowers thank you drinker immensely flowers

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 08:31 PM

:banana: Obamas strategy is working great and it is a total success.:banana:I am seeing improvements daily.:banana:

:banana: GO USA:banana:

Amen !!! Three Cheers for the USA

drinker UNITED WE STAND drinker

tears AND DIVIDED WE FALL tears

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 08:09 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 08:10 PM

rofl now that gives a whole new meaning to yellow snow! i live in northern in. around ft.wayne. never been to connersville, but i've heard of it. the largest city i have lived in was about 50,000 pop. 7 years was all i could take.scared sirens are no substitute for crickets.tongue2 if you come this way, stop by and i'll show you some hoosier hospitality, a cook out, and a bake out. smokin i'm green with envy. you are lucky to have a sibling that helps, my sis is... well, let's just say she leaves something to be desired in the helpful catagory.ohwell

drinker Well, Todd flowerforyou All of my Good Friends drinker can get a hold of me flowerforyou by phone drinker

flowerforyou So, I am going to send you my Number happy and hopefully we can chat sometime flowerforyou

ohwell I have been online for waaayy frown too long today ohwell

sad and i am hurting for certain tears I need a serious break sad

flowerforyou Good Night Everyone :heart: Love and hugs :heart: and Sleep Well flowerforyou

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 08:00 PM

:smile: A lot of people dont like Obama because he ia black and successful and it makes them jealous:smile:

flowerforyou maybe so... but those are not noway valid concerns to many people flowerforyou

drinker the Color & Worth of one's Soul has much more Value & Importance drinker

flowerforyou than the color of one's skin or their Financial Status flowerforyou

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 07:47 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 07:48 PM

The only reason Obama would fail is due to being handed a big mess when he came into office. And in that case any president would have failed so it would not have matter who it was.

That's becoming a lame excuse. Everybody knows he got a mess on his hands and he wasn't the creator, the whole point of the article is that his strategy isn't working so far.

flowers drinker flowerforyou drinker flowers Hail Atlantis flowers drinker flowerforyou drinker flowers

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 07:35 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 07:42 PM

Uhhh Rapunzel Honey...you may want to hold off on the gratitude...

spock uuuuuuuuuuummm whoa i don't think so... :wink:

yes I served.

drinker drinker drinker

I also figured out that there are just as many shady no-good and lazy dirt bags in the military as there are in civilian society.

(I didn't want to be the one to bust your bubble honey..
.but, it is true)

drinker i do have to agree with you completely there drinker

laugh and i do happen to know a few serious dirtbags myself laugh

I do agree that it p*sses me off to no end when the vets
who can't get a break or a hand get stiffed by society.

Cause there are plenty of honorable veterans that our gov't
and society owe a deep debt of gratitude, compassion and support
(especially in the medical expense reguard)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

drinker absolutely drinker

...and those are the ones drinker i am referring to here smokin

The other side of that coin is,
some vets are used to having thier lives dictated to them and got no idea how to function in the real world on thier own....
(hence no motivation or drive to attain a level of self-sufficiency)....

ill i have met & seen many men like that too ill

that would be the guys with the card board signs
that say "God Bless" and cuss at you
when you drop them off a sandwich
and a gallon of tea instead of beer money.

at least that is how it is out here....

ill and that is EXACTLY how it is here too ill

sad but really I seriously Doubt noway

that Most of them Even are Veterans sad

they just say that to get sympathy & handouts huh

and make the real Veterans look bad sad

What really gets my goat is the ones
who wear freshly donated BDU's
and post "Disabled Vet" on thier begging signs...frown

yet ignore the fact that the VFW is a quarter mile away
from where they are standing. huh

that is not good ...noway

I am not sure what BDU's are embarassed

but i am wondering if they are even Vets huh

most Vets i know are affiliated with the VFW somehow smokin drinker smokin

But, in the spirit of the original post....

I do think it is tragic and inexcusable

the way our gov't has let our troops down.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

To the politicians...

sad our men and women who do combat tours are faceless disposable #'s. sad

That is what really p*sses me off.mad mad mad

drinker yes sad ..i hear you drinker

explode It is those things :cry: sad :cry: which get me sooo angry too explode

Oh yeah...USN! Represent! USS America...Cv-66...aircraft carrier baby!

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

Had to edit cause the big pics make half my ramblings
disappear into the black border to the right of the thread.

:angel: :thumbsup: winking waving flowers

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 06:24 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 06:24 PM

no,frown but the day's not over yetwinking

flowerforyou Yes, the day is far bigsmile from over flowerforyou

drinker sending Much Love :heart: to you flowers my new friend :heart: Todd drinker

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou and Love to all my Older Friends too flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

bigsmile like Lee smokin & Beckie flowers etcetera smokin etcetera .bigsmile

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 06:08 PM

We will probably have justice right after we get peace on Earth and good will towards man.

I have a feeling that we are in for a long wait.

tears yes, i have that sinking feeling too tears

flowerforyou but one can always hope and pray :angel: & work toward better days flowerforyou

flowers & by the way Krupa < Eric > is it ??? flowerforyou

drinker it's been a while since we've spoken drinker

flowers thanks for stopping by, Dear flowers

smokin I read somewhere on the threads that you are a Veteran smokin

drinker I was totally not aware of that & am very impressed drinker

smokin drinker smokin Thank You so much blushing for your Defending Our Freedom smokin drinker

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 05:52 PM

Hopefully soon, a 23 year old U.S. soldier is being held prisoner

sad yes, it is soo sad and those who have been killed sad

drinker I do hope Our Young Soldier is released unharmed & fully intact soon drinker

I have quite a few threads going blushing

in support of our Mighty Troops smokin

& here is one of them , drinker

tears but this is all just soo tough to handle tears

Please Pray for the Defenders of Our Freedom
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/235335

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 05:30 PM
tears I am soo upset to see this kind of injustice going on tears

sad all the time in <America the Beautiful > in The Land that I love sad

smokin In the Land of the Free drinker because smokin of Our very bravedrinker Military Warriors smokin

tears and why this injustice goes on tears is one of the worst abominations imaginable tears

shades There has got to be an organized uprising against those who allow such insane unfair treatment shades

tears I know that this is Prophesied in the Bible but it is very tough to watch tears

:cry: I just don't know when all these horrors are going to end :cry:

drinker and when will Righteousness prevail ??? drinker

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:41 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 04:45 PM

high there, well i guess i can tell you, it's todd. and i am very handy! i have been a self-employed carpenter for 15 years. i can design, and build anything from a bird house, to your house. i build animal cages right now. the economy here is terrible. most of my work was in elkhart county, you know the one with 18% unemployment. no one can afford to repair what they have, let alone something new. i just smile and wave, wondering if it is time to move. i grew up on a farm in northern in. and i can't abide cities. they are fun to visit, but i wouldn't want to live in one. you talk of a lake, i'm sorry it isn't as peaceful as you would like. the drawback of people who do not have respect for the world and it's living things. i can watch deer in the cornfield from my porch, listen to the wild turkeys when the wind is right, and defend my trash from the wiley raccoons. a lot better than watching the crackheads on the corner, or listening to loud gangsta rap, and defending my truck and tools from thieves, and the unscrupulous. :wink:

Wow..i have had a chance to live in both worlds drinker

and this one in the city isn't even worthy noway

of the pigeons that grace its community flowerforyou

laugh i just had to throw this one in there too laugh

I miss the Country tears but i will get there again drinker

it is only a matter of time for that is my main goal

i am like a fish completely out of water where i live now sad

and i am the Lone Rangeress smokin , for sure drinker

:heart: my Brother and i are joining forces to help Our Mother :heart:

flowerforyou and to help each other cause < communal living > is where it is at flowerforyou

I always knew way back when that we were going to have to get savvy glasses

& collectively really innovative smokin

to make it successfully in this world drinker

flowerforyou I have a very very good friend in Indiana drinker , near Connorsville flowerforyou

bigsmile and actually two other people in that same vicinity I'd love to see bigsmile

:thumbsup: My Sun Sign :angel: <<< Libra >>> :angel: :thumbsup:

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:20 PM
it's 4:20 smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:51 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 04:04 PM

high everybody,waving not only did i not drown, but the canoe didn't even try to tip! the river, she loves me.smooched maybe next time, we can all go!:wink: alone time with nature is awesome, but canoeing is more fun with friends. i don't know what happened before,i tried to do the quote thing, but it's will was more powerful than mine,grumble and didn't cooperate. but no, i haven't read that book, but i have read the writings of the buddha, siddhartha gautama. very enlightening. smile2 dear rapunzel, where do you get the wonderful images that you post. i am using the copper lady with the lightning ball as my desktop background. thank you! well, i hear bowlio calling my name, so i'm off to see the wizard! i'll save a place for you, but you better hurry!bigsmile

drinker Oh Yes and by the way ..Siddhartha drinker

smokin the enlightened one ...Gotama Buddha smokin

flowerforyou spelled either way Gautama or Gotama flowerforyou

http://www.serve.com/cmtan/LifeBuddha/buddha.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

flowerforyou splendid reading and noble patterns for life flowerforyou

:angel: although I regard Jesus Christ :thumbsup: as an even more Highly Ascended Being :angel:

drinker for I believe that He rose from the Dead,drinker whereas i believe that the others did not ohwell

flowerforyou but that does not negate or downplay the lessons to be learned in their teachings flowerforyou

flowerforyou I read that book Siddhartha & The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran as a young teenage girl flowerforyou

smokin & to this day ~ smokin

flowerforyou The books Siddhartha & The Prophet still drinker reveal new understanding & wisdom to me flowerforyou

drinker as i go through different stages in my life drinker

flowerforyou oh I have been using glittergraphics & photobucket for many of my pics flowerforyou

happy it is really time consuming but they are beautiful flowerforyou & i have found such gems happy

bigsmile and i love it :heart: when i have a positive :heart: spiritual effect on others bigsmile

smokin I am a mature & experienced drinker well versed Teacher smokin

flowerforyou as well as a youthful, naive', knowledge ~thirsty Student flowerforyou

drinker I need to expand my horizons grow & learn more drinker

bigsmile & unfurl my wings drinker & fly as much as possible bigsmile

:angel: just as much as i need to teach others of the Light :angel:

winking and share with them my own wealth of life experiences winking

Rapunzel's photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:23 PM
Edited by Rapunzel on Sun 07/19/09 03:31 PM

high everybody,waving not only did i not drown, but the canoe didn't even try to tip! the river, she loves me.smooched maybe next time, we can all go!:wink: alone time with nature is awesome, but canoeing is more fun with friends. i don't know what happened before,i tried to do the quote thing, but it's will was more powerful than mine,grumble and didn't cooperate. but no, i haven't read that book, but i have read the writings of the buddha, siddhartha gautama. very enlightening. smile2 dear rapunzel, where do you get the wonderful images that you post. i am using the copper lady with the lightning ball as my desktop background. thank you! well, i hear bowlio calling my name, so i'm off to see the wizard! i'll save a place for you, but you better hurry!bigsmile

drinker flowerforyou drinker well Hello there flowers Mr. Handy Hippie drinker flowerforyou drinker

bigsmile i still don't know your name bigsmile

:wink: but just how handy are you ???:wink:

laugh laugh laugh i sure could use a handy man laugh laugh laugh

bigsmile i am kidding with you but i am also being truthful bigsmile

flowerforyou Well, your trip sounded like a lot of fun, R & R flowerforyou

drinker and it is good that you didn't tip the canoe either drinker

bigsmile I have not always been so lucky in all my endeavors bigsmile

flowerforyou I once rode with an old friend in a < Scanoe > with the end squared off flowerforyou

drinker so you could mount a trolling motor drinker and that is just what we did drinker

bigsmile that was fun drinker i felt like Pocohontus rowing drinker with my hair in braids bigsmile

bigsmile and it hauled us :wink: and our gear bigsmile to a quiet place without lowlives :wink: on the lake bigsmile