Community > Posts By > jman8310

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 07:37 AM
No takers? lol it's cool

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 07:19 AM
This thread is just to ask fellow members what they think about your profile, and I like yours. Rate mine back?

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 07:16 AM
I'm trustworthy, the question really is, do you trust somebody you've just met on an online dating site or would you follow through with messages, exchange numbers, eventually visit? etc.

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 07:14 AM
Inmate food..

Ramen pizza!

-4 packs of chicken ramen
-1 can wolf brand chili with beans
-1 handful of cheddar jack shredded cheese!

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 07:13 AM
Ladies, what are YOUR thoughts on car guys? Some say we spend too much time on the cars, some are in love with car guys, and the BEST girls are car girls! What are your thoughts?

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 06:59 AM
That's a lot of cars! Wow I'm surprised this thread is still active haha.

no photo
Fri 07/31/15 06:58 AM
Profile updated I came back after a while. Ladies thoughts?

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 08:34 AM
With the 91 Civic needing a battery, alternator, and I have to wire up the cooling fan to a toggle switch in dash after passing through the area where the positive cable mates with the fuse box.

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 08:03 AM
Unemployed..awaiting a phone call from Firestone Complete Auto Care to get a start date seeing how I was already fitted for uniforms and passed the physical so I'm assuming...they're waiting on results from my urinalysis?

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 08:01 AM
It's a good one, too bad you're in Cali instead of Texas or I'd have inboxed yo azz by now. 24 in Texas here.

Best of luck!

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:58 AM
All of the fast and furious movies...for like the 20th time in a row!

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:56 AM
Any of you guys on here ever have this problem? What was your response? haha

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:43 AM
Just boxers

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:40 AM
I got 2 phone numbers within a week, been texting, seems legit to me although, I really have nothing to hide except for my last name; NOBODY will get that due to my law enforcement background :tongue:

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:37 AM
Don't forget the young prostitutes who tell you a fake profession...then it turns into Well..I also do contract work. "What do you mean?"

And this is after you tell them your interests, but they've told you none, and then they have requested a full name and address. Who knows? You'd have to be a moron! Prostitutes or are they thieves? laugh

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:28 AM
Homeboy - like 10 messages in a row after we just got done talking on phone
Me - Do you have a vagina?
Homeboy - ****er not funny
Me - Then quit blowin up my phone less you got a vagina

laugh

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 07:27 AM
To be fully honest, at the moment, 3 cars:

1991 Honda Civic 4 door - needs little work but I'll get it running
2012 Hyundai Veloster - making payments, will give it back or will get repo
1993 Honda Civic Hatchback - modded and tuned, daily driver :banana:

no photo
Tue 06/30/15 11:58 AM
So, yesterday I officially turned in my uniforms and went "unemployed" for the first time in 8 years. This job paid $3,000/month but I absolutely hated it all four years. In my city, that's a large amount. I was a high-ranking Correctional Officer to be specific. I've been planning this out for months now. Glad to be a normal person again!

BUT, there's some snags. I signed up for individual healthcare only to back peddle once I realized that the deductibles for all these plans are so ridiculously high that they aren't affordable. So, the caring Mom I've been blessed with has found prescription drug coverage through a website that we qualify for. I have faxed the info, and let my PCP and Psychiatrist in on it so far so good...but no guarantees yet. I cannot function without this medication and am not yet exactly sure on how I will be able to get it, with it costing $500+/month for all my stuff.

Also, mid-month I applied for work at every automotive shop in my city, and my first choice selected me for employment, Firestone Complete Auto Care! However...there was a hold up due to accidentally talking to the wrong person set me back almost a week. A week later they called me, and I passed the physical exam and drug test, background check, etc. and was fitted for my uniforms. They say they will call upon receiving confirmation that I have passed the drug screen..being pushed back means I don't know how long this will take, but, they sound pretty sure about giving me a shot. However, nothing's guaranteed.

Basically, I'm going from $3,000/month down to about $1700 but it's for my own good, they say they will pay me to acquire all legit ASE Certifications and work on flag hours, incase you don't know what that means, it means a lot of money. However, it will be over a year before they consider sending me to make sure I'm prepared, with a bonus upon completion of each course. It would be the perfect career since I've always been a mechanic/technician/paint and body guy.

It is just so nerve racking to be unemployed and I've been drinking like crazy since the other day and if the room ain't spinning it ain't enough. I am giving up the car that I make payments on so my retirement check will buy me another Civic, I already have one so I'll have 2 cars and barely be able to make rent, but I'll manage when and if Firestone calls me with a start date and a schedule.

Any comments/suggestions/positivity besides alcohol? I've tried my usual stuff, talking to family and friends, working on my 91 Civic, watching anime, even going for long walks and to the gym, and I'm totally broke until I receive my last full paycheck on the 1st.frustrated

no photo
Tue 06/30/15 04:25 AM
Yeah it works it's free I got a couple local phone numbers within a week.

no photo
Tue 06/30/15 04:18 AM
If I had $10,000 I'd buy one of our local Texas cars imported from japan with the wheel on the right. But...it would be a real hassle buying parts for them being that the motors utilize all JDM parts not available in the USDM for purchase ohwell