Community > Posts By > Cymbeline

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 04:15 PM
Edited by Cymbeline on Sat 04/25/09 04:34 PM

Well we do actually....
okay, I don't, how's that, another good save laugh drinker

Yep...You have to remember that back then just about everyone was Christian. It was a bad idea to profess atheism due to the heavy discrimination you would have faced. What Charles Darwin's research had effectively opened the door to is a person's ability to question their own beliefs if the origin of life in fact was examinable in terms of the natural world that surrounds us.

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 04:08 PM
Well we do actually....

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 04:05 PM
Edited by Cymbeline on Sat 04/25/09 04:05 PM
I understand what you are saying sharpshooter but there seems to be no evidence that he ever repented or found Jesus. His own wife was a Christian and I imagine she would have been very outspoken and overjoyed with his conversion had it taken place. She died silently.

Scientists that work in this field simply do their jobs and they have an insatiable desire to understand our origins. It is not something that any civil god would find cause to punish them for.

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 03:59 PM
Oh, well in that case, you can say that anyone can repent for anything at any time. I thought for certain you were referring to Charles Darwin for a reason?? lol. Nice save.

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 03:55 PM

Why should anyone put their faith in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

^^^^^^ Abras quote ^^^^^^^

Speaking for me pesonally, My faith is in GOD alone, all others take a back seat

I would agree with the sentiments of others here that Charles Darwin did nothing wrong and nothing that would warrant his condemnation or "repentance." Come on now...

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 03:11 PM
Edited by Cymbeline on Sat 04/25/09 03:12 PM
It also seems like a pretty elaborate hoax and kind of pointless. I mean these aliens or "programmers" would have had to plant all of these ancient remains of dinosaurs, prehistoric animals, fossils, human remains, evidence of human crossover. It just seems like a lie they were forced to continually keep building upon and to what end? These aliens are kind of bored or have a lot of free time to create very intricate fictionalized accounts of the origin of their programs. Why bother? Why did they invent a Charles Darwin program then? He was really poking around with things...

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 11:49 AM
Im gonna have to say nay on the Mothman. He looks kind of like the Chupacabre and they still have not been able to capture one of those yet.

no photo
Fri 04/24/09 07:43 AM

Fri 04/24/09 03:50 AMCymbeline...Immanuel means "God With Us"

Jesus was "God With Us" .

Here are even more Names .

I knew if we tried we could agree on something laugh flowerforyou

Yes but nearly all names have a meaning of some kind. I think the issue here is that Jesus was in fact supposed to be named Emmanuel according to prophecy. He was not. You might also ask why did they not foretell his name to be Jesus? Or should we have been looking for an Emmanuel? What if Emmanuel was in the manger next door? Or maybe he got the last room at the inn?

no photo
Fri 04/24/09 04:29 AM
Well thanks for all of that but what Im confused on is the fact that "Emmanuel" is an actual male name. Its not an interpretive descriptive. And Jesus, of course, was called Jesus, and is not called Emmanuel in any other verse in the New Testament. But thank you so much for posting all of that.

no photo
Fri 04/24/09 03:31 AM
I dont think he was ever referred to as Emmanuel. That was the name he was supposed to be given in the prophecy but his mother named him Jesus instead. It was just that this part of the prophecy was not exactly accurate.

no photo
Thu 04/23/09 06:34 AM
Oh I know. I was not arguing of course. Peace. From what I remember, it was a prophecy that Jesus would be named Emmanuel but of course he was not. He went by Jesus his entire life as his mother had named him. So its simply an inaccuracy in the prophecy itself and it did not come to fruition as far as his name I would assume or we should have been looking for an Emmanuel. Oh no...

no photo
Thu 04/23/09 04:22 AM
Was Jesus ever referred to as Immanuel though? Wouldn't that just be considered another prophetical error?

no photo
Thu 04/23/09 03:43 AM
Edited by Cymbeline on Thu 04/23/09 04:15 AM
Well Im assuming if you are Christian then you celebrate passover or the aspect that relates to Jesus. Easter would have been the original holiday and sacred pagan observance. If you cant completely eradicate something, the next best solution is to simply absorb and manipulate its meaning. This is why all of the pagan symbolism is so ingrained. The little bunnies, chicks and colorful eggs, flowers and baskets. All symbols of the springtime. Im sure the tradition of painting eggs runs back quite far but I would have to look all that up. I know its common for Catholics to have Easter egg hunts for the kids sponsored by the church. Nowadays its all so intermingled just like with Christmas.

no photo
Thu 04/23/09 02:47 AM

If Easter was a Christian Holy day, wouldn't it fall on the same day every year? Hence because it is a PAGAN HOLY DAY, it changes with the Wheel of the year and the Esbats. Let's not even start with X-mas either.

Yes I think you are right. Dreamer's information also appears valid. Easter and Yule are examples of Christian "absorption" that occurred historically. The feeling was we cant kill all these people so lets just keep their sacred groves so to speak and gradually ease the Jesus on them. You can clearly see the pagan influence on the Catholic church. Who is the Virgin Mother but a Goddess in disguise? huh

no photo
Wed 04/22/09 02:31 PM
Edited by Cymbeline on Wed 04/22/09 02:34 PM

Michael I think you have just happened upon your "replicant" status. You were programmed to have memories that never occurred and dont actually exist.

no photo
Wed 04/22/09 01:32 PM
Not that it matters and Im not nit picking but in a court of law, you DONT have to prove motivation for a crime. The reason is people can do things on whims, because they are insane, or in the heat of passion. The prosecution is not bound to determine that in order to establish the guilt of the defendant.

no photo
Mon 04/20/09 07:30 PM
I love the way Bill O'Reiley always gives his liberal guest "the last word" after he talked over them the entire interview. Fox news is fair and balanced! laugh

no photo
Sat 04/18/09 05:05 AM

You bin hit before?

Whats hit? Like scammed you mean? No, not me personally but I constantly get those "phishing scams" in my personal email. You know the ones where it claims you have won the lottery in Great Britain and so forth? Im not sure who is STILL falling for those. laugh

no photo
Sat 04/18/09 05:00 AM
25-30% Isnt "scammer" subjective also?

no photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:00 PM
When I was a teenager I had trouble with older kids being far too influential on me. Like when I was 14 and a freshman in high school, I was going out with 18 year old senior boys. Thats a bad idea because three years is a HUGE spread in that period of time. You tend to want to impress the older kids and it can get out of hand.

1 3 Next